Preview Round 12- VFL/AFL Founding Member Essendon Bombers vs Relative Newcomer North Melbourne Kangaroos - Sunday, June 4th - 4:40 pm

Surely they can't beat us can they?

• Hell No

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • No Way

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Not Gonna Happen

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Stringer will annoy the s**t out of them

Votes: 36 81.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Essendon - Wright won’t be available for the clash against North.

Next minute, post this photo. Locked in for what?

View attachment 1701115

Contracts? But extending Tippa on recent form seems generous.

Given Peter is locked in till 27 already, doubt it is contract. Also the next image has Munkara and Stewart. Locked in for main training is the only thing that makes sense

And that makes little sense

I’m superior and I say NO!
We're better off playing Bryan and getting some time into him.

Also, we've beaten these guys 8 times in a row. I doubt there's much of a difference between a mediocre (right now) young ruck and a mediocre old ruck. Should be playing the young one instead.

I absolutely get your point. But are we going to gain more long term by playing Flip or Bryan?
I’ve always been in favour of earning your spot…that’s how you get better. Plus a poor performance against Goldstein could put him back further. Football is sometimes a confidence game especially for younger players. Put him back in v Blues if he’s form warrants.

We're better off playing Bryan and getting some time into him.

Also, we've beaten these guys 8 times in a row. I doubt there's much of a difference between a mediocre (right now) young ruck and a mediocre old ruck. Should be playing the young one instead.
See above but get your point and not too fussed if Bryan does play. He just looked quite raw/lost against a far inferior Eagles ruckman

I’ve always been in favour of earning your spot…that’s how you get better. Plus a poor performance against Goldstein could put him back further. Football is sometimes a confidence game especially for younger players. Put him back in v Blues if he’s form warrants.
I don't think his form against the Eagles was all that bad. Williams toweled him and Draper up equally and I have no idea how it ended up but he had more hit outs then Draper when subbed out and was only a few touches behind.

I absolutely get your point. But are we going to gain more long term by playing Flip or Bryan?
As long as we look after the long term outlook for Bryan there's absolutely no harm playing him this weekend.

He'll be up against one of the best ruckmen of the last 25 years who, despite being beyond his prime, is still a very ******* good ruckman who's highly skilled in ruck craft as well as contesting around the ground. You won't get a better learning opportunity, and the footage will tell Bryan so much about what he has to do regarding positioning, timing etc.

If we made a habit of putting him up against the leagues best and shattering his confidence week on week then it'd be a problem. Playing him this week would do him more good than not in my opinion and shouldn't be the difference in the game compared to if we played Phillips.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh look it's time for norf's grand final!

I had initially thought we were unlikely to win but now that I know it’s a final….

[Tap tap]

06d37703dad5e6c19e1645f7513c7918.jpg

In all seriousness, looking forward to the game. Hopefully we stay in it long enough and have some moments where I can look to Dodoro and whisper some sweet nothings.

May the winds of heaven blow softly... And whisper in your ear….”Aaaaatleyyy”

Last edited:
Remember the last time you beat us? Me neither

We’ve struggled to compete with Essendon’s illegal tactics in recent years, it must be said.

Essendon players have been flagrantly breaking rule 6.11.2a and getting away with it. Time the MRP stepped in really.

fecce28a62d27898406257e986e8f374.jpg

Last edited:
We’ve struggled to compete with Essendon’s illegal tactics in recent years, it must be said.

Essendon players have been flagrantly breaking rule 6.11.2a and getting away with it. Time the MRP stepped in really.

It's all in the wording. "yahda yahda may result in disciplinary action". Not definitive and true to the AFL leaving it in shades of grey and up for interpretation.

The AFL and/or MRP and/or tribunal must've just gone "lol Norf" and thought it not worth the hassle.

I believe mouthing players names to opposition recruiters is also banned now, so you be careful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back