The premiership race is not wide open

Remove this Banner Ad

When compared to 2017-2020, it certainly isn’t.

This Brisbane side is better than the one from the last couple, the Melbourne side playing now is effectively the premiership one, but on steroids and then you’ve got a Collingwood side that claws back 3QT deficits like watching grown men stealing candy from children.
I know you're trying to pump up the potential achievement of your club winning the premiership in 2023, but you're alone shouting from the mountain.

2023 is a weak year. If Port Adelaide who are yet to re-sign their coach as they were not expected to figure in the finals is Collingwood's main challenger; along with a Brisbane team that turn into pussycats on the MCG, and Melbourne who are on the decline 2 years beyond their premiership best - then it's a weak year.

But, it doesn't matter. A premiership is a premiership. In 1916 Fitzroy had the dubious honour of being both spooners and premiers in a season of only 4 clubs competing. Still a premiership.

Just to discredit your first sentence, in 2017 both Adelaide and Geelong finished above Richmond. Adelaide started favourites on GF day because they were seen as the better team. So to discredit Richmond's 2017 premiership is to actually insult both those teams even further.

In 2018, Richmond looked certainties mid season but for various reasons ran out of gas toward the end. Bulldogs should've beaten us in the last round, and it was no real surprise in hindsight what happened in the PF. Collingwood and WCE were always going to present a very realistic challenge even if Richmond's form had not tappered off.

2019 Geelong, Brisbane and Richmond occupied the top 3 positions with 16 wins. Collingwood and WCE 4th and 5th with 15 wins. 1 win separated first from fifth. Hardly a weak year.

If Brisbane or Port Adelaide were ever going to win a premiership, it was during the covid year of 2020. These 2 teams benefited the most from the rest of the competition (other than Adelaide and GC). Each went close but were beaten by better teams in Geelong and Richmond.

I wish I didn't have to say Collingwood is clearly better than an average lot chasing in 2023, but I can't. It's your to lose. Oh, btw, if you do I will be lmao!!

I know you're trying to pump up the potential achievement of your club winning the premiership in 2023, but you're alone shouting from the mountain.

2023 is a weak year. If Port Adelaide who are yet to re-sign their coach as they were not expected to figure in the finals is Collingwood's main challenger; along with a Brisbane team that turn into pussycats on the MCG, and Melbourne who are on the decline 2 years beyond their premiership best - then it's a weak year.

But, it doesn't matter. A premiership is a premiership. In 1916 Fitzroy had the dubious honour of being both spooners and premiers in a season of only 4 clubs competing. Still a premiership.

Just to discredit your first sentence, in 2017 both Adelaide and Geelong finished above Richmond. Adelaide started favourites on GF day because they were seen as the better team. So to discredit Richmond's 2017 premiership is to actually insult both those teams even further.

In 2018, Richmond looked certainties mid season but for various reasons ran out of gas toward the end. Bulldogs should've beaten us in the last round, and it was no real surprise in hindsight what happened in the PF. Collingwood and WCE were always going to present a very realistic challenge even if Richmond's form had not tappered off.

2019 Geelong, Brisbane and Richmond occupied the top 3 positions with 16 wins. Collingwood and WCE 4th and 5th with 15 wins. 1 win separated first from fifth. Hardly a weak year.

If Brisbane or Port Adelaide were ever going to win a premiership, it was during the covid year of 2020. These 2 teams benefited the most from the rest of the competition (other than Adelaide and GC). Each went close but were beaten by better teams in Geelong and Richmond.

I wish I didn't have to say Collingwood is clearly better than an average lot chasing in 2023, but I can't. It's your to lose. Oh, btw, if you do I will be lmao!!
Nah i hecking hate the term "weak year" , its just another way to discredit truly earned premierships.

During your 3 premierships everyone saying that they were "weak years" and I hated that too

Tbh I just hate with any premiership if anyone goes "yeah bbbbbbbbbut", outs just a cop out

Nah i *ing hate the term "weak year" , its just another way to discredit truly earned premierships.

During your 3 premierships everyone saying that they were "weak years" and I hated that too

Tbh I just hate with any premiership if anyone goes "yeah bbbbbbbbbut", outs just a cop out
Yeah, bbbbbut, you tanked for years and Adelaide paid the price for it, another tainted flag.

Awesome, so as long as everyone has a board your laughing, bit unfortunate for those left behind on the gravel shores though.
Idk man, pretty sure there's plenty of regular sandy beaches, i can send you links and photos if ya want?
But anyway, I can't fathom being so miserable and hateful towards another part of my own country. I think you should just lighten up a bit🥰🥰🥰🥰
Yeah, bbbbbut, you tanked for years and Adelaide paid the price for it, another tainted flag.
I don't go for Richmond and tbh really wnated Adelaide to win that day but they just weren't good enough. But cope harder chief

I don't go for Richmond and tbh really wnated Adelaide to win that day but they just weren't good enough. But cope harder chief
Not sure what Melbourne tanking and Adelaide having its Coaching staff suspended has to do with a Tigers flag but you do you.

Meanwhile, this is how you kick started your slow climb off the bottom of the ladder to the lofty heights of AFL powerhouse.

Not sure what Melbourne tanking and Adelaide having its Coaching staff suspended has to do with a Tigers flag but you do you.

Meanwhile, this is how you kick started your slow climb off the bottom of the ladder to the lofty heights of AFL powerhouse.
Oh right I thought you were blaming the tanking saga on why Adelaide lost in 2017, my bad lol Also Adelaide knew that they were hiring a man that was still being investigated.

Those players we allegedly tanked for, not a single one played in the flag, in fact pretty sure none of them had played for so many year before the flag

I love how you can't blame Vicbias and the MCG this time so you go on about drafted players that had literally nothing to do with 2021

Oh right I thought you were blaming the tanking saga on why Adelaide lost in 2017, my bad lol Also Adelaide knew that they were hiring a man that was still being investigated.

Those players we allegedly tanked for, not a single one played in the flag, in fact pretty sure none of them had played for so many year before the flag

I love how you can't blame Vicbias and the MCG this time so you go on about drafted players that had literally nothing to do with 2021
Because you drafted s**t players, doesn't detract from the fact you walked away Scott free and Adelaide paid the price or that it kick started your rise off the bottom.
Sounds kinda like Vicbias to me.

Finals race is wide open while Collingwood have such a poor finals record.

2022: 1 win, 2 losses
(33%)

Collingwood has played in a record 44 VFL/AFL Grand Finals (including rematches), winning 15, drawing two and losing 27.
(34%)

Some things change, some things remain the same.
Looking forward to more Colliwobbles this time around.

If his username checks out he was the flog running around outside after the game getting up in a kids face shouting win it, win it.
Which is pretty funny for the supporter of a club thats lost twice as many GF's as its won.
Yeah, you’re right, I was probably the only Lebanese Collingwood supporter at AO.

Say R A C I S T slowly for me…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finals race is wide open while Collingwood have such a poor finals record.

2022: 1 win, 2 losses
(33%)

Collingwood has played in a record 44 VFL/AFL Grand Finals (including rematches), winning 15, drawing two and losing 27.
(34%)

Some things change, some things remain the same.
Looking forward to more Colliwobbles this time around.
PLUS (a biggie): Pies have not won all their finals in a series since 1953, that was our last "cakewalk"

Because you drafted s**t players, doesn't detract from the fact you walked away Scott free and Adelaide paid the price or that it kick started your rise off the bottom.
Sounds kinda like Vicbias to me.

Yeah I know we drafted s**t players, and I'm not going argue about the tanking,

I'm more pointing out that the tanking saga didn't help us in any way or form to win the flag in 2021, and there's no ******* way that it kickstarted our rise from the bottom lol if anything we got worse

I’m not trying to pump up anything.

Here, I’ll spell it out for you slowly… your typical insecure Richmond supporter pops in to claim this year is ‘weak’ and my response is it’s no weaker than 2017-2020.

You then join in as another insecure Richmond supporter on the MB (in a thread not about Richmond) to make this about Richmond and their great heroics.

All you had to do was respond to your mate and say he’s talking smack, we’d all have laughed and moved on.

I do agree though, it’s ours to lose as thus far, we’ve been the best side in it.

Yeah, you’re right, I was probably the only Lebanese Collingwood supporter at AO.

Say R A C I S T slowly for me…
Who mentioned race?
I just saw a mid 30's mouthy Pie supporter and figured you fit the bill, apologies if the 87 isnt a reference to your year of birth.
Having said that, a Pie supporter playing the race card is kinda hypocritical in the wake of recent events dont ya think?

Who mentioned race?
I just saw a mid 30's mouthy Pie supporter and figured you fit the bill, apologies if the 87 isnt a reference to your year of birth.
Having said that, a Pie supporter playing the race card is kinda hypocritical in the wake of recent events dont ya think?
Owww I getcha, you were referencing my age, so you saw a Pies supporter in their mid 30s in the game being a smartarse to kids, and assumed it was me? Geez, you lot really aren’t the sharpest tools in the shed, are you?

I’m not trying to pump up anything.

Here, I’ll spell it out for you slowly… your typical insecure Richmond supporter pops in to claim this year is ‘weak’ and my response is it’s no weaker than 2017-2020.

You then join in as another insecure Richmond supporter on the MB (in a thread not about Richmond) to make this about Richmond and their great heroics.

All you had to do was respond to your mate and say he’s talking smack, we’d all have laughed and moved on.

I do agree though, it’s ours to lose as thus far, we’ve been the best side in it.
Unfortunately for you, English comprehension is not your strong point.

ps. I'm very secure as a Richmond supporter. I thank the Good Lord I wasn't cursed with the prospect of being a Collingwood supporter. For me, I wouldn't have been able to cope anymore after the final siren of the 1973 PF. 45 points up midway through the second quarter only to lose and go out in straight sets after finishing on top with 19 wins following the disaster of 1970, 1966, 1964!! Disaster upon all the other previous disasters. Only for more disasters like 1977, 1979, 1980, 1981, etc. etc., etc. Stick barracking for Collingwood. F that!!

Unfortunately for you, English comprehension is not your strong point.

ps. I'm very secure as a Richmond supporter. I thank the Good Lord I wasn't cursed with the prospect of being a Collingwood supporter. For me, I wouldn't have been able to cope anymore after the final siren of the 1973 PF. 45 points up midway through the second quarter only to lose and go out in straight sets after finishing on top with 19 wins following the disaster of 1970, 1966, 1964!! Disaster upon all the other previous disasters. Only for more disasters like 1977, 1979, 1980, 1981, etc. etc., etc. Stick barracking for Collingwood. F that!!
Lucky for me I was born in 1987 and all these facts about Collingwood, Carlton and Richmond mean SFA to me.

All I know now is we’ve won 15 flags and lost a s**t load before my time. I’ve witnessed 1 of those flags live, and I’ve experienced the heartbreak of 2 GF losses in the flesh, but this year may get that back to 2-2.

I love barracking for Collingwood. Being the biggest and the best is no burden on me my friend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back