Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

It would be great if the social media team tried to organise something along the lines of 'block A wears yellow, block B wears blue' etc. It may fail due to us having a fairly conservative membership group but it's far more worthy to attempt than an inflatable Eagle, smoke machines and The Pretender at 3 qtr time.

I like the pretender song with highlights. Good to lead into the third.

The huddle completely missed the mark. Why do it from when the captain runs to the huddle, should have been from when the ball is about to bounce and the crowd is starting the game with EEEEEeeeeeeaaaaaa-gles standing or not.

Or put in a standing section for “rowdy” fans that don’t want to be in the cheer squad.

The huddle completely missed the mark. Why do it from when the captain runs to the huddle, should have been from when the ball is about to bounce and the crowd is starting the game with EEEEEeeeeeeaaaaaa-gles standing or not.

Or put in a standing section for “rowdy” fans that don’t want to be in the cheer squad.
free pre game drinks would help

In their original plan, you could only get member seats in the front two rows by application and you had to prove you were a passionate fan. I think there was a mandatory dress code too (maybe some kind of co-ordinated fan gear). There wasn't enough interest so they scrapped it.

In their original plan, you could only get member seats in the front two rows by application and you had to prove you were a passionate fan. I think there was a mandatory dress code too (maybe some kind of co-ordinated fan gear). There wasn't enough interest so they scrapped it.

Oh yeh the front two rows thing was also a huge misread

Wow 😳

That’s horrible for the victim

And quite galling that the perpetrator never faced justice for his crimes

However, making the football club accountable for the actions of an individual seems a bit rough. Particularly when it was for events from over 35 years ago

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might aswell just ship Bulldogs off to Tasmania in a merger. AFL should use it and force their hand. Bail them out and pay the 6 million only if they become Tasmania Bulldogs.

The comp needs a few Vic sides to go.
Bulldogs are one of the poor clubs like North and Saints. A good a time as any to ship them off.

Tasmanian Bulldogs. It just makes sense. It won't compromise the draft as they can just straight relocate the whole list. Will start a competitive team unlike what Gold Coast and GWS had to go through. Benefits the whole comp at the same time.

Bulldogs have been ordered to pay 5.9m in damages for negligence for sexual abuse that occurred while the child was in their supervision.

I assume the AFL will give them a no interest loan to keep them alive, but it does show what could happen with concussion claims in the future. Will clubs have to Phoenix like building companies, to avoid paying compensation? The Bulldogs are appealing, though hopefully the victim will see the money they deserve before appeal after appeal occurs.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

Bulldogs have been ordered to pay 5.9m in damages for negligence for sexual abuse that occurred while the child was in their supervision.

I assume the AFL will give them a no interest loan to keep them alive, but it does show what could happen with concussion claims in the future. Will clubs have to Phoenix like building companies, to avoid paying compensation? The Bulldogs are appealing, though hopefully the victim will see the money they deserve before appeal after appeal occurs.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk
Honestly the CTE claims are a joke. Should be just thrown out. Anyone that's ever played this sport like AFL Rugby knows the risk involved. It's a contact sport.

To claim now especially in times so far back to the 80s. There really is no leg to stand on. Should boxers start suing too. Should rugby players and wrestlers sue too. Should anyone that's ever had a concussion in anything sue.
It happens. Might aswell just wrap everyone in bubble wrap and we all just don't leave the house.

It's ridiculous and will get thrown out in front of any reasonable judge. Play AFL at your own risk, also it will never be eliminated as like it or not concussions just happen in this sport. It's a fast paced contact sport. What do you expect. It will always be at your own risk. Can't sue when the only way to find out someone has CTE is when they are dead and by that time they knew the risk involved so it's a nil argument. Hopefully they won a premiership and died happy playing the sport they loved. Case closed all withdrawn.

Now get the F**K out of my court. I'm Judge Judy. The cases are real the rulings are final this is my court case this is Judge Judy.

Last edited:
That’s horrible for the victim

And quite galling that the perpetrator never faced justice for his crimes

However, making the football club accountable for the actions of an individual seems a bit rough. Particularly when it was for events from over 35 years ago

I am sure that had Slater & Gordon been representing the victim then a similar juicy payment would have been the first shot across the Doggies bow in a Class Action.

Honestly the CTE claims are a joke. Should be just thrown out. Anyone that's ever played this sport like AFL Rugby knows the risk involved. It's a contact sport.

To claim now especially in times so far back to the 80s. There really is no leg to stand on. Should boxers start suing too. Should rugby players and wrestlers sue too. Should anyone that's ever had a concussion in anything sue.
It happens. Might aswell just wrap everyone in bubble wrap and we all just don't leave the house.

It's ridiculous and will get thrown out in front of any reasonable judge. Play AFL at your own risk, also it will never be eliminated as like it or not concussions just happen in this sport. It's a fast paced contact sport. What do you expect. It will always be at your own risk. Can't sue when the only way to find out someone has CTE is when they are dead and by that time they knew the risk involved so it's a nil argument. Hopefully they won a premiership and died happy playing the sport they loved. Case closed all withdrawn.

Now get the F**K out of my court. I'm Judge Judy. The cases are real the rulings are final this is my court case this is Judge Judy.
kfad05 talks about sexual abuse payouts and then Free Agent uses that payout story to get on his high horse (and yes, you are entitled to your opinion) about CTE cases from the same time period.

Are they related somehow?
Did I miss something obvious?

If this takes down the bulldogs, I would imagine that the saints would be packing it. There are a few well covered historical abuse cases that could hurt the saints really badly.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

kfad05 talks about sexual abuse payouts and then Free Agent uses that payout story to get on his high horse (and yes, you are entitled to your opinion) about CTE cases from the same time period.

Are they related somehow?
Did I miss something obvious?
Wtf you on about.
Kfad05 mentioned if you actually read he's post which obviously you didn't was comparing this sexual abuse case to what could happen with the concussion cases. Go back and read it and yes you missed it. Nice of you to quote and cut the rest of he's post out too to suit you're narrative. Pretty shitty form.

Last edited:
Also a correlation with hyped players in high profile trades who never end up living up to their early hype

Gather round will be April 4-7

Adelaide v Melb Thursd Apr 4
Port v Ess fri Apr 5

both stand alone games.

So 7 matches left

Fair chance we get a game at either Mt Barker or Norwood next year.

Wouldn't mind going to see us at a local ground.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back