Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

I really don't care about the gender balance thing, but if they must have another female on the board I would like it to be someone directly involved with the women's competition and someone who will speak up and stand her ground.
I hate the equality line, get the best people in to do the job, colour, utensil, doesn’t change your ability to execute a role and hold a standard of expectations in a professional environment.

That's very interesting mate. I thought they may have been of a similar mind.

Look, once you're inside the tent everything can change.

But my perspective on things based on information gathered from people involved at Board level, Snowdon is a wily operator who will always act in his own interests. He's always doing deals in the background.

Timmy G has hinted at some pretty grim sounding nonsense that had gone on in that board room.

Alluded to the board room being pretty much a love in.

That a board member and some staff told tredders not to run.

Also touched on the the idea that 'your coach shouldn't be your mate'... hmm I can't tell why...

He's so limited in his ability to voice his opinion on 5aa. But it's there, and he is diplomatic but pissed about the absolute shitfest that is the decision makers at the club.

Snowdon was the board member fyi.

Has she learned about the club yet?
No silly, only ex-players (especially premiership captains) need to go learn about the club and subject themselves to the vagaries of a membership ballot. Random corporate lawyer blow-ins jump straight to the head of the queue because we only have about 3 or 4 others with the same skill set already on the board.

nup you're right, she hasn't got a clue, she needs to earn her dues. Apologies, but I do think that life long supporters and players that have played at the top of their game that are also loyal club people, intelligent, worldy and know the game and the industry like the back of their hand would contribute positively, silly me.

Woosh.

Just on that remaining board vacancy:

The Power have one vacancy on its board with Darren Cahill’s position still to be filled.
Koch said he would look for a female candidate to fill it and reiterated that club greats and former players wanting to get on the board would have to be member elected.

FROM
This is the s**t I don’t understand. The next board member should be the best person you can find according to the creed. There should no banning of males or ex footy players. The friggin best person you can find for the club period. If the next best person is abba or Vladimir Putin you just get him in that’s it. We need to win not meet equality standards.

I love the constant name dropping of Cassisi by the board, Kochie etc. Like we are supposed to be impressed or convinced by it

No one gives a * what Cassisi thinks the massive piss blaster and we absolutely dont want him on our board or footy committee.

I would like to nominate Michael Wilson as the additional board member, and suggest that whether he has a penis or a vagina is irrelevant.

Don’t understand the disdain on Dom Cassisi and likely would make a good director. The way I see it, he:
1. Was our captain and I respect him for achieving such an honour.
2. Is well educated in management and finance.
3. Is currently a director and has the necessary skills to be a director.
4. Understands football and the Port Adelaide Football Club, although you don’t need to be a past player to be on the Board.

The only thing is he should go through the member vote process like Tredrea. I voted for Tredrea and would vote for Cassisi.

Don’t understand the disdain on Dom Cassisi and likely would make a good director. The way I see it, he:
4. Understands football and the Port Adelaide Football Club, although you don’t need to be a past player to be on the Board.

The only thing is he should go through the member vote process like Tredrea. I voted for Tredrea and would vote for Cassisi.

5. He's scum - pass

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a mortgage broker which requires very little education and was weened on to and fed leads by Anthony Toop when he was on the board. He's actually dumb as dog s**t. Have you ever heard him speak?

4. Understands football and the Port Adelaide Football Club, although you don’t need to be a past player to be on the Board
He was on a football committee that recommended an AFL Senior Coach in his 10th year without a GF appearance and 2 final wins in his previous 8 seasons should get a multi-year contract extension before finals commenced. That isn’t someone who understands football or Port Adelaide.

I love the constant name dropping of Cassisi by the board, Kochie etc. Like we are supposed to be impressed or convinced by it

No one gives a * what Cassisi thinks the massive piss blaster and we absolutely dont want him on our board or footy committee.
Cassisi did Jack s**t as a player, so definitely not worthy of a member voted board spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back