Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

According to Koch the 50,000 members that didn't vote are totally happy with how the club is being run. Not even joking.
Probaly 20k are under eligible voting age :think:
Another 15k would never vote if their lives depended on it.
5k hate the way the club is run but feel they can't influence chsnge anyway.
Maybe the remaining 1ok are theatre going happy clappers who are easily satisfied with mediocrity?

Just on that remaining board vacancy:

The Power have one vacancy on its board with Darren Cahill’s position still to be filled.
Koch said he would look for a female candidate to fill it and reiterated that club greats and former players wanting to get on the board would have to be member elected.

FROM
Erin Phillips would be a great candidate, player, international sports experience, Port Adelaide in her veins, why have I not heard her name mentioned. She would equal Darren Cahill's credentials.

Maybe the remaining 1ok are theatre going happy clappers who are easily satisfied with mediocrity?
not to mention the 100 canines that have memberships. :D

Explain like I am 5, what does a board member actually do?
Not a whole lot if you were a previous board member pleased with on field mediocrity.

In serious, a lot of work wheeling and dealing new business and sponsorship opportunities. Club and business development. Managing finances and marketing. Planning major projects. Most of which the club has done pretty well.

It's just our football department that let's us down.

“Our members are educated supporters” - David Koch.. so all the members who voted in Tredrea, all the members and supporters who have been vocally critical of Ken Hinkley’s tenure, 2 year contract extension … are what, numpties?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5,000 are probably dogs, cats and goldfish :p

One of the things I always liked about Tredders in the media, during and post-playing days is whenever Rowe, Cornes, whoever started their little Port snipes, he would pull them up straight away and basically tell them to drop it. And not in the usual media chummy haha Oh stop the bants way. He was more the sledgehammer in the velvet glove.

According to Koch the 50,000 members that didn't vote are totally happy with how the club is being run. Not even joking.
Cash Cow didn't Vote. Is still pissed off.

cbe78e4117ecda729290049a392ef99d38866023.png

Yeah, Koch's take is upsetting, but (unfortunately), it may not be unreasonable.

We had 64,041 AFL audited members in 2023.

Let's suppose that only one third of those members are eligible to vote. That's probably a significant underestimate, but it'll still be instructive. That's 21,347 eligible voters.

At a time when we believe the proportion of fans dissatisfied with the current regime is at (or near) its all-time high, and with a club legend stepping forward to represent the concerns of those dissatisfied fans (and pulling along plenty of others with his name recognition), only 10,405 (48.74%) of eligible members voted, and only 5,302 of them (50.96% of voters; 24.84% of eligible members) voted for the change candidate. 24.84% means 75.16% either voted for the other guy or didn't vote (likely because they didn't feel strongly enough).

If 40% of our AFL audited members were eligible to vote, that would mean only 20.70% of eligible members voted for Tredrea, and 79.30% voted for the other guy or didn't vote.

If 50% of our AFL audited members were eligible to vote, that would mean only 16.56% of eligible members voted for Tredrea, and 83.44% voted for the other guy or didn't vote.

In the most extreme case, where all 64,401 of our AFL audited 2023 members were eligible to vote, that would mean only 8.28% of eligible members voted for Tredrea, and 91.72% voted for the other guy or didn't vote.

The Chairman will know, or ought to know, exactly how many members were eligible to cast a vote. A majority of votes cast were for Tredrea (and thank Christ for that!), but we may still be a worryingly small minority within the PAFC electorate.

* * * * *​

The more favourable take is this: Turnout for this election was exceedingly high. Historical numbers indicate either that most members simply won't engage with the process, or that the strength of sentiment required to activate a voter is very high. To have activated so many voters in favour of the change candidate is very telling.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Erin Phillips would be a great candidate, player, international sports experience, Port Adelaide in her veins, why have I not heard her name mentioned. She would equal Darren Cahill's credentials.
I really don't care about the gender balance thing, but if they must have another female on the board I would like it to be someone directly involved with the women's competition and someone who will speak up and stand her ground.

Former players have to go up for election by the members - after they've learnt about the club.

Those 2 are absolute morons. My opinion of Tim continues to diminish whilst he craps on with Rowe. He is clearly absorbing Rowe’s low intellect.

I tend to agree.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He didn't come out wearing a "sack ken" shirt, should be fun watching everyone suddenly turn on him :$

Kochead makes me ill when I hear him talk, especially about anything Port.
I tuned out when he mentioned Cassisi.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Holly Ransom will be really excited to have another Disruptor on the board.

Tredrea will in turn be excited to talk premierships and how to win them with her.

wait-what-zac.gif

REH, was it Tara Page that DK announced had also recently joined the board at the AGM?

I didnt catch the name.
Yes she signed on in September and sat next to Warren on his left hand side, the crowds right hand side.

I really don't care about the gender balance thing, but if they must have another female on the board I would like it to be someone directly involved with the women's competition and someone who will speak up and stand her ground.
I don't necessarily care about the gender balance either but if the board is hell bent on that, why have we not heard Erin's name is my question, she would be an excellent candidate, does she have to wait for a member elected position?

All I’ll say is temper your expectations. He will be a minority voice and challenging the status quo the incumbents can make life difficult.

Boards who have built an ivory tower dont relinquish them easily.
listening to the w*nkfest that is Koch, Richardson, Davies and Hinkley tonight, they just cover each other's a*ses. The tower will be tough to topple. One at a time.

Yes she signed on in September and sat next to Warren on his left hand side, the crowds right hand side.

If anyone doesn't know who she is

I don't necessarily care about the gender balance either but if the board is hell bent on that, why have we not heard Erin's name is my question, she would be an excellent candidate, does she have to wait for a member elected position?
Has she learned about the club yet?

Has she learned about the club yet?
nup you're right, she hasn't got a clue, she needs to earn her dues. Apologies, but I do think that life long supporters and players that have played at the top of their game that are also loyal club people, intelligent, worldy and know the game and the industry like the back of their hand would contribute positively, silly me.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back