Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 18: Insert your ideas here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Typical Trumpie mental gymnastics.

It's really simple. Trump has a very limited vocabulary (because he's a moron) and his go-to insults are "nasty" and "not too bright". There is zero chance that he knows any of Rudd's history - he admitted so himself - so it was just pure co-incidence that 'nasty' fit with some of what we all know about Rudd.
Mental gymnastics? Some people on here waffle on without a balancing bar. Trump has very little concern about "the Milky Bar Kid" from down under, he has his own problems. Albo would be in contact with Mr Nasty this week asking him to calm down and please behave like a diplomat! Trump often blabbers out things without really thinking, my bet is Albo had a good laugh about it all.

Just LOL. I am no Rudd lover you can be sure of that but my point stands, he described Trump perfectly and Trump as usual is a snowflake who can’t cope with criticism. Of course he is happy to demean everyone else, can give but can’t take.
Trademark " conservative glass-jaw "

Mental gymnastics? Some people on here waffle on without a balancing bar. Trump has very little concern about "the Milky Bar Kid" from down under, he has his own problems. Albo would be in contact with Mr Nasty this week asking him to calm down and please behave like a diplomat! Trump often blabbers out things without really thinking, my bet is Albo had a good laugh about it all.

Um, that's the point I was making - Trump doesn't know or care, so you were disingenuous to go through the mental gymnastics of asserting Trump "nailed" an aspect of Rudd's personality. He didn't.

Um, that's the point I was making - Trump doesn't know or care, so you were disingenuous to go through the mental gymnastics of asserting Trump "nailed" an aspect of Rudd's personality. He didn't.

It was like the defense of Kyle Rittenhouse, “he shot a pedo who deserved it.”

1. It’s worth noting (as though it’s not clear from their tweets generally) that these tweeters are partisan players, akin to a liberal Fox News, and their posts should be taken within that context or whoever else the right have on their payroll. They’re helpful in that they sit all day watching media and post clips of highlights online, but they’re selective in what they post (sometimes dishonestly so) and have the same brain rot as you would expect anyone who spends their waking hours watching American political media to have.

2. Yes, I think pretty much self-evidently. I said previously that Trump says and does so much psychotic s**t that I don’t think it’s helpful to, at best, construe the worst possible meaning from an offhand comment he made in a different context. It gives credence to his and his followers whining about fake news media, and it’s unnecessary.
So that's literally it.

You're attacking the people for bringing it to our attention.
While bending over backwards to explain away what happened.

It's you, Republicans, MAGA and that newly founded website you somehow found the blog post from, who repeatedly grow the narrative of 'fake news', by calling something fake when it isn't.
How many times have we seen that line used now, in reference to Trump. Only to later find out it wasn't fake news.

Here's more of the context, if you haven't actually seen it.

He's just finished threatening 100% tariffs on every single car IF HE GETS ELECTED.
THEN...
He states if he DOESN'T get elected, it will be a bloodbath for the country.
This auto-industry stuff will be the least of it.
He then moves on to multiple other brain farts as he ALWAYS does during his monologues. ~His friend can't cross the road, Biden~ etc.

But to YOU, he definitely didn't stray this ONE time, and he was purely talking about the auto-industry economy.
And the REAL problem is the people who shared footage of what he is actually saying to his radicalised audience in his rally.

In his rally, where he opened by honouring the people who attacked the capital with the intention of killing for Trump, or as he put it "tried to save our country".
His rally where he talked about taking back Washington, fighting against the 'animals' to avoid another Laken.
His rally where he talks about the rigged election, before getting into the 'metaphor' about "The Snake" and the poisonous bite.
His rally where he says 'we won' WW1 and WW2 out of the Forts such as named after Robert E Lee, but (((they))) changed the name.

For some reason, you haven't mentioned ANY of that.
You think the problem is the people who brought it to our attention.

And in fact, we should resent them as part of the "fake news media" for trying to manipulate us. We can't trust any thing they post, they're the enemy.

The REAL issue, is that they posted a clip on Twitter, that wasn't as concrete as other things.
Trump on the other hand... well... that's just an "offhand comment".

How can you justify saying that Trump "says and does so much psychotic s**t", but then force this into isolation for consideration, ignoring all of the things he says and does???
Why would you want to make the 'fake news' narrative the main story?

Looking back through the thread, you've actually repeatedly tried to defend Trump on this, and you haven't had any issue on any other aspect from that rally.
Why do you think that is? Seriously, why?

Auto Industry workers went on strike for over a month for better pay and conditions - no blood bath.

How anyone can twist what Trump said as anything but a call to arms if he doesn't win is kidding themselves.

Auto Industry workers went on strike for over a month for better pay and conditions - no blood bath.

How anyone can twist what Trump said as anything but a call to arms if he doesn't win is kidding themselves.
It's beyond ridiculous.
If he WINS here is the threat and how it will impact them.
But if he LOSES, here's also a threat.
Sure, it's just contradicting his position.
And it happens to line up completely with his messaging for years.

But nah, makes more sense that

If you do this, this is my threat if I get into power.
But also, you better hope I get into power to see out my threat, or it will be really bad for you!!

How do you see what's happening, and take issue with the people posting the clips?

Trump has his faults, people just hate Trump no matter what he says, but he nailed one of Rudd's personality traits perfectly, he was nasty as the PM
Let me clarify it for you

Trump felt Rudd was nasty to him - not a nasty person he just happened to accidentaly nail it - Trump couldnt pick Rudd out of a lineup with only he and Paul Rudd in the line

It's beyond ridiculous.
If he WINS here is the threat and how it will impact them.
But if he LOSES, here's also a threat.
Sure, it's just contradicting his position.
And it happens to line up completely with his messaging for years.

But nah, makes more sense that

If you do this, this is my threat if I get into power.
But also, you better hope I get into power to see out my threat, or it will be really bad for you!!

How do you see what's happening, and take issue with the people posting the clips?
The "Tariffs on everything" is just a replacement mantra for "build a wall". From keeping foreign people out to keeping foreign manufactured goods out.

Worth pointing out that he didn't build much wall and what was built has proven to be useless

It was like the defense of Kyle Rittenhouse, “he shot a pedo who deserved it.”
reminds me of that golden line from the Naked Gun:

“- Commissioner Brumford: Ladies and gentlemen, I would now like to introduce a most special American. Tonight, he is being honoured for his 1000th drug-dealer killed.
- Lt. Frank Drebin: Thank you. But, in all honesty, the last three I backed over with my car. Luckily, they turned out to be drug-dealers.”

The "Tariffs on everything" is just a replacement mantra for "build a wall". From keeping foreign people out to keeping foreign manufactured goods out.
Yep.
He doesn't know or care about the auto-industry.
He wants power, and a radicalised base who are willing to do anything to get him that power.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep.
He doesn't know or care about the auto-industry.
He wants power, and a radicalised base who are willing to do anything to get him that power.
Yep - what Donald doesn't quite grasp is the number of components used in US auto manufacturing are foreign sourced, meaning a 100% tariff will result in US vehicles costing a huge amount.

It is the classic oversimplification for his base and disregard reality for a populist view.

Worth pointing out that he didn't build much wall and what was built has proven to be useless
And the mexicans didnt pay for it

Yep - what Donald doesn't quite grasp is the number of components used in US auto manufacturing are foreign sourced, meaning a 100% tariff will result in US vehicles costing a huge amount.

It is the classic oversimplification for his base and disregard reality for a populist view.
And going back last time he was president and put tariffs on Chinese goods telling his cult followers china would pay which they didnt , going the same line saying mexican govt will pay

So that's literally it.

You're attacking the people for bringing it to our attention.
While bending over backwards to explain away what happened.

It's you, Republicans, MAGA and that newly founded website you somehow found the blog post from, who repeatedly grow the narrative of 'fake news', by calling something fake when it isn't.
How many times have we seen that line used now, in reference to Trump. Only to later find out it wasn't fake news.

I found the blog post because I occasionally read Dave Weigel, who I think is an interesting voice (albeit one that's evolved a lot over the years).

Here's more of the context, if you haven't actually seen it.

He's just finished threatening 100% tariffs on every single car IF HE GETS ELECTED.
THEN...
He states if he DOESN'T get elected, it will be a bloodbath for the country.
This auto-industry stuff will be the least of it.
He then moves on to multiple other brain farts as he ALWAYS does during his monologues. ~His friend can't cross the road, Biden~ etc.

But to YOU, he definitely didn't stray this ONE time, and he was purely talking about the auto-industry economy.
And the REAL problem is the people who shared footage of what he is actually saying to his radicalised audience in his rally.

In his rally, where he opened by honouring the people who attacked the capital with the intention of killing for Trump, or as he put it "tried to save our country".
His rally where he talked about taking back Washington, fighting against the 'animals' to avoid another Laken.
His rally where he talks about the rigged election, before getting into the 'metaphor' about "The Snake" and the poisonous bite.
His rally where he says 'we won' WW1 and WW2 out of the Forts such as named after Robert E Lee, but (((they))) changed the name.

For some reason, you haven't mentioned ANY of that.
You think the problem is the people who brought it to our attention.

And in fact, we should resent them as part of the "fake news media" for trying to manipulate us. We can't trust any thing they post, they're the enemy.

The REAL issue, is that they posted a clip on Twitter, that wasn't as concrete as other things.
Trump on the other hand... well... that's just an "offhand comment".

I mean, Rupar is an establishment hack who has given specious nothing responses for his view on Biden's greatest liability and who had previously shown his hand in being critical of Sanders and the left in the 2020 primary.

Unfortunately, many of the things you've listed haven't been picked up on because of the focus on the "bloodbath" reach.

It's been noted before that, to Biden's detractors, he's both a dribbling senile fool but also a Machiavellian schemer wielding power to oppress the poor suffering Right. But we can also see that Trump's an idiotic blowhard who regularly rambles (increasingly so, as he also loses his faculties) and goes off on tangents, but also every word is specifically chosen to have layers to ferment violence.

How can you justify saying that Trump "says and does so much psychotic s**t", but then force this into isolation for consideration, ignoring all of the things he says and does???
Why would you want to make the 'fake news' narrative the main story?

Looking back through the thread, you've actually repeatedly tried to defend Trump on this, and you haven't had any issue on any other aspect from that rally.
Why do you think that is? Seriously, why?

Um, I have? Is this not from that rally? (Or if not the same one then an aspect of it that's the same.)

Honestly, it’s very weird.

I’ve read that the polling data shows that the most anti-Trump voters are also the most engaged. Good chance he keeps doing weird and creepy s**t like this and destroys his chance of winning.

And going back last time he was president and put tariffs on Chinese goods telling his cult followers china would pay which they didnt , going the same line saying mexican govt will pay
and those promises of manufacturing jobs and no closures...you'd those blue collar guys would remember stuff like that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back