AFL Toast Win Against Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Regardless of what the Saints were doing that last 10 minutes before half time was the best I’ve seen us play in years. Second half I have never seen a Ross Lyon coached team put under pressure so much in my memory especially from us. We all know our weaknesses but this extra pressure that we have put around the ball is super noticeable. It has Brads Scott’s DNA all over it as a player. Even though we were trailing for most of the game I felt like the game was played on our terms.
I respectfully disagree. I thought we made fundamental errors throughout and our pressure has exceeded this many times over recent years. Our problem has been bringing it week upon week. Off the top of my head the games against Melbourne, Port and Anzac Day last year were all vastly superior performances. We hung in there today and showed some character but we were seriously putrid for large parts of today’s game and it was the Saints performance as much as ours that kept us in the hunt.

Less coast to coast scores conceded. Pressure good around the ball. Some double grabs in defense were very costly. Saints are well drilled but gee they can butcher the ball

Less coast to coast scores conceded. Pressure good around the ball. Some double grabs in defense were very costly. Saints are well drilled but gee they can butcher the ball
Which is funny because with Hill and NWM they should be able to move the pill with ease

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I respectfully disagree. I thought we made fundamental errors throughout and our pressure has exceeded this many times over recent years. Our problem has been bringing it week upon week. Off the top of my head the games against Melbourne, Port and Anzac Day last year were all vastly superior performances. We hung in there today and showed some character but we were seriously putrid for large parts of today’s game and it was the Saints performance as much as ours that kept us in the hunt.
Fair enough. What I saw at the sports bar I was at was just previous to that block of time a few goals were kicked against us but then it was like we knuckled down. It wasn’t the best I seen us play on a polished level but from a pressure perspective it was immense imo.

Our defensive plan is…..awful.
We cannot expect to win games regularly with defensive efforts like that.
That said overall I was pleased.

The big man Draper was great.
Duursma was excellent.
Heppell was outstanding.
Seeing Hind play forward as a sub, I think that’s his best position.
And Harry Jones….what a game.

Lots to like.

If Drapes could mark over his head on a consistent basis he would be the best ruck in the league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back