AFL Toast Win Against Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the coolest thing was just after the stringer 50 and goal and then the Durham injury that is the time when the club has previously packed it in. All momentum was sapped.

But they didn't this time. That was cool to see.

I've potted him enough so McGrath, well done. Really good game offensively.

People can knock Hep, I do, and a lot of the criticism is warranted, but one thing he can still do is judge the ball in the air. Well done.

Duursma had some good moments.

Darcy, great tackling.

Happy Jones could have the game he did.
Now put the pressure on him to back it up, string a couple of them together. Can't afford to now go missing for a month. Coach him hard.

Fair enough. What I saw at the sports bar I was at was just previous to that block of time a few goals were kicked against us but then it was like we knuckled down. It wasn’t the best I seen us play on a polished level but from a pressure perspective it was immense imo.
It was a meritorious victory in many ways but I rate performances largely on the frustration level or lack-of that I experience during a game and my frustration level was very very high today.

All those that were saying we are completely s**t in the game day thread, come over here and enjoy win! :D
Umm we were completely s**t in the first 15 minutes.

Awesome win, but we still have some issues.
I respectfully disagree. I thought we made fundamental errors throughout and our pressure has exceeded this many times over recent years. Our problem has been bringing it week upon week. Off the top of my head the games against Melbourne, Port and Anzac Day last year were all vastly superior performances. We hung in there today and showed some character but we were seriously putrid for large parts of today’s game and it was the Saints performance as much as ours that kept us in the hunt.
we should enjoy the win. But it certainly papers over some massive cracks.

It was a meritorious victory in many ways but I rate performances largely on the frustration level or lack-of that I experience during a game and my frustration level was very very high today.
I understand that sentiment. I just feel in my bones we have flipped a switch on our attitude I guess. That time block I was talking about set us up for the win imo. I’m am loving these bigger bodies in the midfield. Durham was very good at times too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely he(?) simply excels in satire and it is appreciated by the masses.
Dr Spaceman (pronounced Spar-chem-min) is one of my favourite side characters on 30Rock (playing the quack doctor)so I assume he/she is likes a bit of satire/taking the piss.

chris parnell dr spaceman GIF

You work in the medical field don’t you??
Is this true??

I understand that sentiment. I just feel in my bones we have flipped a switch on our attitude I guess. That time block I was talking about set us up for the win imo. I’m am loving these bigger bodies in the midfield. Durham was very good at times too.
There’s definitely something in our performance to be excited by for sure.

Dr Spaceman (pronounced Spar-chem-min) is one of my favourite side characters on 30Rock (playing the quack doctor)so I assume he/she is likes a bit of satire/taking the piss.

chris parnell dr spaceman GIF

You work in the medical field don’t you??
Is this true??
Yes, my whole career has been satirical up to this point. Unfortunately it seems to have gone over everyone’s head.

Must say, the best thing was the next gen guys stepping up. Cox looks like he will settle into a role we want him to do by years end. Kept Membrey goal - less, did well himself.

Jones had himself a day, hopefully its the first steps for the baby giraffe to actually build into something. We kicked to space and allowed him to run and jump at the footy.

Caldwell had a sneaky 20, 5 marks, 6 tackles, ditto Perkins (20 possessions).

Duursma showed why he was a first rounder back in his draft year, will be called upon with Durham out injured

McGrath one of our best in an under rated game

Heppell can tell all his haters to stfu

Must say, the best thing was the next gen guys stepping up. Cox looks like he will settle into a role we want him to do by years end. Kept Membrey goal - less, did well himself.

Jones had himself a day, hopefully its the first steps for the baby giraffe to actually build into something. We kicked to space and allowed him to run and jump at the footy.

Caldwell had a sneaky 20, 5 marks, 6 tackles, ditto Perkins (20 possessions).

Duursma showed why he was a first rounder back in his draft year, will be called upon with Durham out injured

McGrath one of our best in an under rated game

Heppell can tell all his haters to stfu
Thought cox read the game well.and squeezed some good handballs out in tight traffic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back