Autopsy The not even The Bont, Libbas and Jones' heroics can drag us over the line against the cats thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If you cannot read what that result means you have rocks in your head.

A putrid but well coached Geelong team with a handfull of decent players. We ain't going nowhere this year. We are done. We will become the new Richmond stuck in the middle.

Pathetic result if you want to expect us to contend this year. Obviously we won't

Also the commentators are a joke too
FFS.
People and commentators.
People on here commentate, and only wish they could be paid to do so.
Some people say decent things, others absolute vile.
Some people even post long essays like they’re submitting something for a News Paper.

The joke is people who can’t use the remote control volume feature, on their remote controls.

Frustrating that we lost. Geelong are a very good team. Great efforts by libba and the bont. Jones and buka great down back. We will make the finals this year no doubt. BOG goes to the umpy who thinks marks over the boundary line are legit. In the end was the difference in the game.

Not a lot in that.

Cats a bit cleaner generally and Cameron's work rate/coverge plus Myers field kicking gets them over the line.

I’m normally more than happy to bag Beveridge.

He coached pretty well tonight I reckon.

Losing isn’t always down to the coach - granted it often is with us, but tonight I think Beveridge did ok.

Please enlighten us on what he did well strategically tonight?

We want to be a top 4 side, those are the type of games we need to win.

None of us here are satisfied with mid table finishes. Gets us nowhere

We were on top for most of the game against a team that is now 4-0. If a dodgy review decision doesn’t go against us we win.

That was a good performance from us, Geelong have often showed how they’re much better than us, tonight was a lot closer and much more hard fought.

Should be able to take positives out of the performance even if the result wasn’t there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong don’t have anywhere near the level of top end talent we have but their floor is lower because somehow their players aren’t constantly showing us their enormous flaws. That’s coaching.
Huh?
I'd put Hawkins and Cameron ahead of McKay and Curnow as the best KPF duo in the comp and they have the best defender in the game right now too, and the best HF in the comp.
They're stacked and they're undefeated for a reason.

Not happy. Nothing to be happy about.

We lost to Geelong. Again. Rinse and repeat for the past 30+ years.

Some where we get hammered, some where we lose after the siren, some where we lose by a few points. All entirely predictable.

At some point you have to draw a line. Like the Hawks did against the Bombers in that infamous match, it's at that point for me. We just p*** our pants when it comes to those p***** and we just never have the mental fortitude to change it. Doubt we ever will.

You can chose to be down on that performance all you want.

What I saw was us fighting back hard, playing hard and almost beating a team that was 3-0 to start the season.

We’ve been pumped by Geelong for far too long in terms of skill and pressure, tonight was such an improvement. I’m choosing to be positive but if you want to be negative that’s more than fair after a loss

Some supporters have a particular context for being fed up and not wanting to laud an honourable loss to Geelong. Here's mine:

I grew up in a Geelong supporting household as a Bulldogs supporter. It was Geelong-this and Geelong-that. Constantly. The first Bulldogs game I ever attended was an elimination final versus Geelong nearly fifty years ago. We went down by seven points in an honourable loss. Cue the next five decades of honourable losses and spankings at the hands of the Cats, including every final we have played against them. Couple this with being constantly reminded of this by my Cats supporting family.

Yeah, I can't see past that. We should have won tonight. We didn't. I'm pretty angry.

Please enlighten us on what he did well strategically tonight?

Had a plan (for once) for Tom Stewart - put West on him and he did well.

Match ups were good.

Jones killed Hawkins.

Cameron killed us, but not sure who we had that could’ve made a difference on him.

We were a kick away from a great win.

Again, I’m not a huge fan of Beveridge - he quite often drives me as crazy as any other Dogs fan.

But thought overall he was ok tonight.

Positives:
  • Gallagher continuing to improve. He was outmarked by Holmes late and will learn from the 50 but think he’s showing great signs
  • Sanders looks really settled. Confidence is growing and looks locked in to play 200+ games
  • Khamis held up well despite being undersized against one of the best forwards in the competition. Cameron only threatened when transitioned onto others
  • Thought West had a few great moments and if he can keep that up should be in our Best 22 with Weightman for a long time
  • Darcy looked our most threatening forward at times and kicked 3 despite spending a large amount of time in the ruck
  • Showed resilience and didn’t quit, even when we went down by 5 goals. Effort can’t be questioned tonight

I didn't realise how good a ruckman Rhys Stanley was until he dominated English..

Seriously, he is not $1Mil per year..
It took until the 70th post of the thread for someone to nail it. Stanley was just about the most influential player on the ground.

English is holding out for a contract that will be a few hundred thousand dollars per season more than Libba. Let that sink in for a bit.

We are on top of most of the game against a team that is now 4-0. If a dodgy review decision doesn’t go against us we win.

That was a good performance from us, Geelong have often showed how they’re much better than us, tonight was a lot closer and much more hard fought.

Should be able to take positives out of the performance even if the result wasn’t there.

We were playing catchup for most of the game. Had the lead for about 3 minutes in the first quarter, thats it.

Not sure how anyone can be happy about this. My expectations are that we are top 4 with this list and time and time again we lose games that some slight adjustments in structure and personel would win us the game. Yet they are never implemented.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back