All Elite Wrestling (On Triller TV and ESPN)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok folks. This thread has seen some heated and divisive chat that is taking discussion away from the week to week product. Going forward any WWE vs AEW related discussion should take place here. Examples of this are obviously the CM Punk, Ospreay and Triple H type stuff.

While constructive critisism is fine, repetitive opionions that have no intention of producing good faith discussion will be deleted. Repeat offenders will end up with thread bans. You're all clever enough to know the difference.

Also, those with any issues with posts, don't engage and further flame the unnecessary back and forth. Please use the report button.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WWE spent most of WrestleMania week bringing up AEW.

They took two shots at Ospreay, FFS.

The whole thing is ridiculously toxic and petty. It's pathetic on both sides.

I have no idea why WWE is doing it, considering their current success. They seem offended that AEE even exists.

They were asked in interviews, they answered honestly,

Tony go on a podcast, show, etc, I'm sure he will be asked the questions and for once he could answer instead of having the talent use TV time to fight a war that is only on one side.

Lets not forget the Elite were shown on that Cody promo piece, so much for a war.

Last edited:
WWE spent most of WrestleMania week bringing up AEW.

They took two shots at Ospreay, FFS.

The whole thing is ridiculously toxic and petty. It's pathetic on both sides.

I have no idea why WWE is doing it, considering their current success. They seem offended that AEE even exists.
Did WWE bring up AEW at all during the actual Wrestlemania?

They actually did. They showed pictures of Kenny and the Elite during Cody montage into the main event. They acknowledged Cody time away from the company. I believe that was the only time during the programming of 8 hours that they cared for AEW

Podcasts...kick off shows(ala Punk running his mouth), it is small fry. Its minor. It is Easter Eggs sort of stuff

I will mention what Triple H said about the grind was not bad. How Will made that so personal shows his arrogance and lack of maturity. You took the better offer for yourself, move on. That is all you have to say, if you say anything at all. Triple H is also right when he said that his company would like talent to commit, and a lack of willingness showed that it might not be the best fit.

Bringing the oldest, outdated, sexist and personal sledge in the book makes Ospreay look bad.

Interviews? It was on their own shows and pre-shows
Tony go on a podcast, show, etc, I'm sure he will be asked the questions and for once he could answer instead of having the talent use TV time to fight a war that is only on one side.
lol the backflips you have to do for this are hilarious
Let’s not forget the Elite were shown on that Cody promo piece, so much for a war.
Shows AEW are willing to help out.

Last edited:

Still don’t really like All In and All Out being a week apart. Other then that looks like a schedule that should help give the shows a pretty good rhythm.
Put ALL OUT in late September, and WrestleDream in late October so there is a bit of spacing. To be honest, I think it's all too much.

Revolution, Double or Nothing, Forbidden Door, ALL IN and WrestleDream is enough for me, with more focus/build on the quarterly Battle of the Belts shows.

Looks like the video game has been a complete flop commercially.

Might have to bring out AEW Backstage Assault since they have some massive WCW vibes of late anyway.

Osprey v Claudio is going to be off the charts. 2 of the very best going at it.
What WCW vibes?

I hear this bad faith complaint but I have no idea what it's referring to?

Is it s**t gimmicks, like Maestro and Kwee Wee?

Is it backstage talent being unhappy and wanting to leave, because folks just seem to be signing and being happy.

Is it terrible wrestlers like Nash and Sid? Don't see much of that.

Haha you can’t seriously think this is what people wanted? Long after Punk is now in another promotion!?
If you cannot see the stupidity in what they have done, then just… wow.
I always giggle when people like this use the term ‘mark’ as well.
Stupid was WWE talking constant s**t about AEW during WrestleMania week.

Why they needed their paid shill Helwani to constantly mention AEW is crazy.

Pity Cody was above slamming AEW.

Lets not forget the Elite were shown on that Cody promo piece, so much for a war.
Helwani was briefed to attack AEW, Punk made a series of shots, HHH made shots.

Pathetic. It's their number one week, and they're obsessed with a much smaller competitor.

He wanted a schedule where he could do good work and be with his family, instead of doing house shows in Empty Gulch, Ohio.
The house shows draw bigger crowds then AEW Dynamite?

He has earnt the right to not be part of the grind in my opinion and HHH is in the wrong on this, but its also wrong to say he is grnding hard too from Will.

The house shows draw bigger crowds then AEW Dynamite?

He has earnt the right to not be part of the grind in my opinion and HHH is in the wrong on this, but its also wrong to say he is grnding hard too from Will.

No one is questioning the current commercial strength of WWE.

Ospreay has done an extraordinary number of Indy events over the last few years, in multiple countries.

HHH has no right to disrespect him.

Did WWE bring up AEW at all during the actual Wrestlemania?

They actually did. They showed pictures of Kenny and the Elite during Cody montage into the main event. They acknowledged Cody time away from the company. I believe that was the only time during the programming of 8 hours that they cared for AEW.

That's your line? Bringing up a much smaller competitor during WrestleMania itself??

They mentioned them consistently through the week, especially Punk, who's become an absolute bitch about things.

I will mention what Triple H said about the grind was not bad. How Will made that so personal shows his arrogance and lack of maturity. You took the better offer for yourself, move on. That is all you have to say, if you say anything at all. Triple H is also right when he said that his company would like talent to commit, and a lack of willingness showed that it might not be the best fit.

The worst part of internet wrestling discourse is those people who cheer for profits, not quality.

Why the hell should anyone work more hours away from their family, grinding for less money - just to put more profits into the hands of the super rich?

Triple H wants people to grind because it suits his self interest. Talent have been historically underpaid to a ridiculous degree in pro wrestling, and Triple H wants that to continue so there's more profits in executive share holder hands, such as his.

That Punk now speaks out against worker rights and for the corporate mindset speaks volumes of his hypocrisy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stupid was WWE talking constant s**t about AEW during WrestleMania week.

Why they needed their paid shill Helwani to constantly mention AEW is crazy.

I’m not sure a 3rd party podcast or answering a question on another similar show would be classed as ‘constant’. I also can’t recall AEW being mentioned on offical WWE TV at all this past week, other than a photo montage that was mostly viewed positively. I’m unsure why this has got a few people so emotionally hot under the collar, especially when shots at WWE has been such a prominent fixture of AEW television since its inception.

anyone saying this never saw WCW back then. It was way worse, by a long shot.
I was talking about the failed game in that instance but I watched WCW and WWF /WWE weekly. WCW was entertaining as it was very different it was also a lot more successful than AEW has ever been so far BUT there is zero doubt that AEW's in ring stuff is far greater, I mean the talent these days are mind blowing. Way worse or not they still managed to be in a position they were the best in the world for a period of time in the "Wars" which is something AEW even got remotely close to.

I am saying there are a lot of WCW vibes as in a boss who's a bit out of his depth, its all well and good to fork out $$$ like Eric did and both had active talent in management/booking roles. Am I saying its going to blow up and die like WCW did NO but just saying there is are some major WCW vibes with some of the decisions made/allowed in the past 6 months.

The worst part of internet wrestling discourse is those people who cheer for profits, not quality.

Why the hell should anyone work more hours away from their family, grinding for less money - just to put more profits into the hands of the super rich?
Yet in AFL terms if a player states they want to go home to be closer to family and be traded supporters are the first to whinge or you know your team loses someone to free agency for more money and supporters complain.

There is nothing wrong with Osprey deciding on going with AEW and there is nothing wrong with Triple H saying he wants commited people to work for him, its weekly TV , live events and majority of PLE's this year seem to be overseas I think he was merely stating if you can't commit to that workload I am glad I don't have you which is like anything in business.

Interviews? It was on their own shows and pre-shows

lol the backflips you have to do for this are hilarious

Shows AEW are willing to help out.

MMA Hour
Pat Mcafee show

When did WWE take over these shows?

How's that a back flip? No doubt people have asked Tony to be on similar shows and let's not forget he went on the MMA hour and was asked questions and didn't answer one of them.

MMA Hour
Pat Mcafee show

When did WWE take over these shows?

How's that a back flip? No doubt people have asked Tony to be on similar shows and let's not forget he went on the MMA hour and was asked questions and didn't answer one of them.

Both are paid employees of WWE.

They're mouthpieces for the Fed - as they should be, since they're very well paid. There's nothing wrong with that, as long as you take what they say with a grain of salt.

I was talking about the failed game in that instance but I watched WCW and WWF /WWE weekly. WCW was entertaining as it was very different it was also a lot more successful than AEW has ever been so far BUT there is zero doubt that AEW's in ring stuff is far greater, I mean the talent these days are mind blowing. Way worse or not they still managed to be in a position they were the best in the world for a period of time in the "Wars" which is something AEW even got remotely close to.

I am saying there are a lot of WCW vibes as in a boss who's a bit out of his depth, its all well and good to fork out $$$ like Eric did and both had active talent in management/booking roles. Am I saying its going to blow up and die like WCW did NO but just saying there is are some major WCW vibes with some of the decisions made/allowed in the past 6 months.
I couldn't disagree more.

Dynamite is a smaller, boutique product - it's cost to the broadcasters is a fraction of what WWE costs, and yet it still delivers top three results in all of cable in its timeslot.

It's ratings have shrunk in the past year - but Raw's rating have fallen at almost exactly the same rate. That is modern tv, as habits change.

WCW offered a TERRIBLE product near the end, as much as I wanted it to succeed. Most of those at the top of the card couldn't work at all, and it was just a worse version of WWE.

AEW is very different to WWE and frankly for those who are fans - the quality of the TV recently has been really high. We're getting a lot of what we want.

AEW is much closer to early 2000s ROH than it ever is to WCW, which shouldn't be surprising.

WCW might have had Ferraro and Russo, but that's nothing like AEW. Here, there's the EVPs but there's also Jerry Lynn and Chris Hero and Rocky Romero and Danielson and the EVPs. Wrestling lifers who love the sport.

I think a few of my posts may have been moderated out, which is probably fair enough. I was maybe too personal.

My frustration comes from the fact that there's probably exactly the same percentage of AEW fans who are jerks as there are WWE fans who are jerks. But there's LOTS more WWE fans.

So many places on the internet are almost unvisitable if you're an AEW fan.

I don't go to WWE boards with my opinions. They don't need to hear them - it's a product I really don't like but why should I be a buzzkill?

But there's not many places you can go without a WWE fan coming in and shitting on things.

I'm interested to hear from AEW fans about things they're maybe not liking - pushes being interrupted or the wrong things getting attention. But I don't want to hear the views of those who don't even like AEW - especially those WWE fans who seem offended it even exists.

I think a few of my posts may have been moderated out, which is probably fair enough. I was maybe too personal.

My frustration comes from the fact that there's probably exactly the same percentage of AEW fans who are jerks as there are WWE fans who are jerks. But there's LOTS more WWE fans.

So many places on the internet are almost unvisitable if you're an AEW fan.

I don't go to WWE boards with my opinions. They don't need to hear them - it's a product I really don't like but why should I be a buzzkill?

But there's not many places you can go without a WWE fan coming in and shitting on things.

I'm interested to hear from AEW fans about things they're maybe not liking - pushes being interrupted or the wrong things getting attention. But I don't want to hear the views of those who don't even like AEW - especially those WWE fans who seem offended it even exists.
Just because you’re a fan of WWE doesn’t mean you can’t be a fan of AEW.

If you think my posts are negative about AEW then you should have seen my thoughts and feelings on the WWE Cena McMahon Era it was more scathing than what I think of some of the AEW stuff.

Just because you’re a fan of WWE doesn’t mean you can’t be a fan of AEW.

If you think my posts are negative about AEW then you should have seen my thoughts and feelings on the WWE Cena McMahon Era it was more scathing than what I think of some of the AEW stuff.
I'm not targeting my post at anyone in particular - I'm just expressing what my experience of fandom is currently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back