2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see Fritsch getting a mention. Not sure he'll stay in, but he's been incredibly consistent over the last 3 or 4 years now. Probably doesn't quite get enough possessions and quite enough goals to warrant getting selected, but he's consistently next bracket below. He's arguably the second best mid sized forward in the comp behind Toby.
Fritsch is one who would be rewarded more if the policy wasn't 11-12 midfielders and 3 key forwards in the AA side (most years). Mid sized forwards, crumbing forward pockets and link man forward flankers are almost always ignored - you might get one, or maximum two, combined in the team each season. So you basically have to be the best non KPF or two to have a chance.

Midfielders you have to be in the top 12.

Good to see Fritsch getting a mention. Not sure he'll stay in, but he's been incredibly consistent over the last 3 or 4 years now. Probably doesn't quite get enough possessions and quite enough goals to warrant getting selected, but he's consistently next bracket below. He's arguably the second best mid sized forward in the comp behind Toby.
Yes great player would love to see him get the opportunity to play for a side with great key forwards and him as the 3rd tall he could be as good as it gets.

B. Vlastuin Pearce McGovern
HB. NWM Taylor Whitfield
C. Gulden Rozee Merrett
HF. Heeney McKay Miers
F. Fritsch Hogan Bolton
Foll. Gawn Green Petracca
Inter. Rowell Steele Clark Serong

Stiff - Stewart, Blakey, Worpel, Weightman, Coniglio, Sheezel, Ryan, Curnow, Warner, Jackson, Bontempelli.

He probably won’t make the team (as the hawks aren’t great) but I would be chuffed if Worpel could make the AA squad this year.

He really is having a great year smashing in at the packs, been our only midfielder that has turned up to every game so far (and his disposal whilst still not elite is a lot better than in previous years).

B. Vlastuin Pearce McGovern
HB. NWM Taylor Whitfield
C. Gulden Rozee Merrett
HF. Heeney McKay Miers
F. Fritsch Hogan Bolton
Foll. Gawn Green Petracca
Inter. Rowell Steele Clark Serong

Stiff - Stewart, Blakey, Worpel, Weightman, Coniglio, Sheezel, Ryan, Curnow, Warner, Jackson, Bontempelli.
Stiff not to even be stiff - Butters

Assuming no injury here are my current best guesses for seasons end.

Locks for me by are Taylor, Stewart, The Bont, Rozee, Gawn, Greene.

Probables. Nick Daicos, Maynard, Curnow, J Cameron, Petracca, Heeney, Gulden, Serong.

Distinctly possible. JHF, Butters, Jackson, Neale, McCluggage, Rowell, Andrews, Blakey

Assuming no injury here are my current best guesses for seasons end.

Locks for me by are Taylor, Stewart, The Bont, Rozee, Gawn, Greene.

Probables. Nick Daicos, Maynard, Curnow, J Cameron, Petracca, Heeney, Gulden, Serong.

Distinctly possible. JHF, Butters, Jackson, Neale, McCluggage, Rowell, Andrews, Blakey
No room for Vlastuin?

Just listening to Champion Data guy (I think) talking about Vlastuin.
Over the last 7 years:
  • he is 4th most intercept mark player in the comp. (not bad for a 187cm player)
  • the 2nd most points in the league off intercepts.
  • by stats and effectiveness (Champion Data's method), he is rated the 25th best player in the comp. Tom Stewart is in the 50's.

Now I am not stating he is a better player than Stewart, but he is not far behind and continues to be under rated.
In my eyes is the best half back I have seen at Richmond since Francis Bourke.

No room for Vlastuin?

Just listening to Champion Data guy (I think) talking about Vlastuin.
Over the last 7 years:
  • he is 4th most intercept mark player in the comp. (not bad for a 187cm player)
  • the 2nd most points in the league off intercepts.
  • by stats and effectiveness (Champion Data's method), he is rated the 25th best player in the comp. Tom Stewart is in the 50's.

Now I am not stating he is a better player than Stewart, but he is not far behind and continues to be under rated.
In my eyes is the best half back I have seen at Richmond since Francis Bourke.
Problem for him will be the fact Richmond are likely a bottom 6 side. Bottom 6 players, especially defenders, usually struggle to make the side.

He's one of my favourite players to watch though. Very unlucky not to have a jacket yet

L. Ryan......A. Pearce...J. McGovern
N. Blakey....S. Taylor....D. Houston
Z. Merrett...T. Green....C. Serong
C. Rozee....J. Hogan....C. Petracca
B. Fritsch...C. Curnow...S. Bolton

M.Gawn, M.Bontempelli(c), I.Heeney

J.Steele (vc), L.Whitfield, M. Rowell, Z. Butters

Emerg: R. Marshall, J. Worpel, H. Sheezel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crap players are still crap even after you beat a crap team ..... The fact that you are talking about them in the AA shows how deluded efc supporters have become
Oh that's hilarious. Keep doubling down

Oh that's hilarious. Keep doubling down

A middle-of-the-table side beat a middle-of-the-table side. Both sides have lost to teams ABOVE them (aka those expected to play finals) and only beaten sides BELOW them (those expected to be outside of the finals or bottom 4). Not exactly sure why it is hard to comprehend ......

A middle-of-the-table side beat a middle-of-the-table side. Both sides have lost to teams ABOVE them (aka those expected to play finals) and only beaten sides BELOW them (those expected to be outside of the finals or bottom 4). Not exactly sure why it is hard to comprehend ......
Not sure what that has to do with Stringer having a very good start to the season and being one of the form forwards of the competition. But sure, a guy who will probably end up kicking over 400 goals in the AFL is crap.

W
Fully expecting Carlton carry on to be amped up 3 fold tonight despite beating what many expect to be a bottom 6 team today..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back