Preview Preview and Changes: Round 6 - Port v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cox - 211cm
Cameron - 204cm

SPP - 187cm
Wines - 187cm

Dixon has glass ankles and McEntee offers exactly nothing. If Lord was ready to go, I would be saying Lord, but he isn’t.
Soldo will ruck 90% of the game. So you are effectively saying 10% of sweet in the ruck and doing heck all else is more valuable than having an extra runner for the entire game.

Really we should be laying down the challenge to Collingwood to say can you match us on the ground for 4 quarters.

Soldo will ruck 90% of the game. So you are effectively saying 10% of sweet in the ruck and doing * all else is more valuable than having an extra runner for the entire game.

Really we should be laying down the challenge to Collingwood to say can you match us on the ground for 4 quarters.
I’d be inclined to bring in another mid for McEntee and play an extra around the stoppage to do just what you’ve said.

We cannot bomb the ball forward against Collingwood, need link up run and swarming the forward 50 from our mids.

Out: McEntee
In: Boak

David King doing everything he can to get the Butters decision overturned. His hatred and envy for Port has no bounds...

Why the talk of Sweet? Is soldo injured or something?
Same thing as the last two weeks.

1 ruck v 2 rucks… And Port don’t have a viable 2nd ruck option.

Cox and Cameron are a different beast, but Collingwood only really play Mihocek and McInnes as tall forwards, plus the resting ruck. It’s Collingwood’s small forwards and goal kicking mids that are of more concern.

So I can see selection going 1 ruck, but with McEntee offering nothing, a second ruck option is only an improvement. Actually, anyone is an improvement.

If Kenny Donuts was telling the truth in his presser about Dixon only having limited minutes this season surely this is a game you give him a week off? Tweaked an ankle late, will have similar issues with Moore as he did with Pearce when the ball hits the deck, hobbling around on the big giant Gee etc.

Soldo will ruck 90% of the game. So you are effectively saying 10% of sweet in the ruck and doing * all else is more valuable than having an extra runner for the entire game.

Collingwood actually have a shorter forward line. So one of their rucks rests forward as the “3rd tall” option. Port have 3 tall defenders now who should be able to cover off well.

If McEntee was actually offering something, I wouldn’t support a second ruck as I’m not sure how you get them into the team. But McEntee doesn’t offer anything, so 10% of Sweet is much more valuable….

For the record, I don’t think 2 rucks will get selected. It’s likely Boak for Mead or McEntee. Which is harsh on Mead, but he isn’t a sub-impact type player.

David King doing everything he can to get the Butters decision overturned. His hatred and envy for Port has no bounds...

I must be watching different vision to King. I can hardly make out any contact with the head in the Butters incident. How is that even looked at, let alone suspension worthy?

Yeah, if you've ingested any Kingy content over the last few years you'd know he is extremely strong on concussion. Butters could be playing for Norf and I'd reckon he'd have the same reaction.

It's one thing to be strong on concussion, it's another to be strong on whatever you'd describe this as. The slightest head contact, if any at all, that didn't even cause Banfield a momentary issue. Playing the ball at all times.

I was all for the SPP suspension but if you want a suspension for this then you've lost the plot.

It's one thing to be strong on concussion, it's another to be strong on whatever you'd describe this as. The slightest head contact, if any at all, that didn't even cause Banfield a momentary issue. Playing the ball at all times.

I was all for the SPP suspension but if you want a suspension for this then you've lost the plot.
I don't agree with Kingy here at all but he's not speaking from some sort of Port bias.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heading over for this game. Question, do any of you guys know what sections open up to GA public later in the week? Currently us only level 3 available.
Fairly confident that the bays behind the goals at the Punt Road end (near our CS) will be GA.

This can't even be graded anyway. It's not reasonable to assume that Butters knew that Banfield's head was down and decided to crack in at all costs. At the time that Butters decided to go for the ball and lower and turn his body, Banfield's head was still up.

1713141403795.png
1713141519562.png

Big test this saturday, this is the game we need to make a statement in. We haven't passed a genuine test yet, we had one against Melbourne and we blew it, all the other games we've won games we've been heavily favoured to win and just did what we needed to.

This game against Collingwood is a genuine 50/50.

Hopefully it is not like the week after we got out of jail against St Kilda in 2017. Felt like a similar type of game on saturday night, and the next week we put up the most insipid performance in showdown history.

It was a good win, but it wasn't the sort of win where you sit back and admire your work, it was a game where they should be thinking they were lucky to get way with the win for that and need to be preparing to be much better against Collingwood.

I must be watching different vision to King. I can hardly make out any contact with the head in the Butters incident. How is that even looked at, let alone suspension worthy?

Zak played the ball, he didn't choose to bump and he went as low as possible to minimise contact.

If that had been one of the Victorian golden boys they would be banging on about how great it is to see such a fierce and fair attack on the ball. YoU cAn'T tAkE cOnTaCt OuT oF fOoTbAlL!

Michael christian the MRO bloke on SEN with Whatley basically said that butters had a genuine attempt to get the ball and his left hand touched the ball and did not chose to bump so this meant the impact (low or medium) wouldnt matter.

Michael christian said:

“Zak Butters came in to contest the ball, he had both hands down, had his eyes on the ball and in fact touched the ball with his left hand. In our judgement, he was contesting the ball in a genuine manner,” Christian added.

“I think we’ve got to be very careful that we allow players the opportunity to contest the ball, it’s an integral part of the way the game is played and we felt Zak Butters did that.”

It’s not 100 per cent clear if the bump was high, says Christian. But since he didn’t deem it careless conduct, impact wasn’t considered.

Gerard Whateley asked Christian if Banfield been knocked out by the incident, would Butters have been suspened?

The MRO’s answer suggested not, given Butters was reasonably contesting the footy.

“I don’t want to necessarily get into hypotheticals, but if a player is generally contesting the ball, impact is not a consideration,” Christian replied.

I'm not so worried about peripheral selection issues, but if we lose this game Hinkley should step down.

Honestly who really expects us to win this game? It's like playing Brisbane in Brisbane, or any final. Nobody expects us to stand up for the occasion.

There's no reason we can't beat Collingwood if we go into this game fully committed and not awed by the occasion (which Hinkley has already set up in his presser, oooh Collingwood at the MCG in front of 70,000 Collingwood fans).

We get let down so often (and barely got out of jail on Saturday) and it's time this stopped.

We have tall defenders, a more than competent ruck, a killer midfield and a forward line that can kick goals. There is no reason to fear this game. And yet ...

Michael christian the MRO bloke on SEN with Whatley basically said that butters had a genuine attempt to get the ball and his left hand touched the ball and did not chose to bump so this meant the impact (low or medium) wouldnt matter.

Michael christian said:

“Zak Butters came in to contest the ball, he had both hands down, had his eyes on the ball and in fact touched the ball with his left hand. In our judgement, he was contesting the ball in a genuine manner,” Christian added.

“I think we’ve got to be very careful that we allow players the opportunity to contest the ball, it’s an integral part of the way the game is played and we felt Zak Butters did that.”

It’s not 100 per cent clear if the bump was high, says Christian. But since he didn’t deem it careless conduct, impact wasn’t considered.

Gerard Whateley asked Christian if Banfield been knocked out by the incident, would Butters have been suspened?

The MRO’s answer suggested not, given Butters was reasonably contesting the footy.

“I don’t want to necessarily get into hypotheticals, but if a player is generally contesting the ball, impact is not a consideration,” Christian replied.

Common sense from Michael Christian. I am without words.

Cox - 211cm
Cameron - 204cm

SPP - 187cm
Wines - 187cm

Dixon has glass ankles and McEntee offers exactly nothing. If Lord was ready to go, I would be saying Lord, but he isn’t.
Wines also mentioned Drew to ruck in the paper this morning.

Hes an extra cm at 188!

This would he the perfect week to rest Dixon, play Soldo deep and get Marshall and Georgie to give Moore the run around.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back