Player Watch Nathan Murphy (Retired 2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be forever remembered as a player for picking the exact moment to leave his man and impact the next contest. The ultimate team man who suddenly without warning in 2022, went from always injured "bit" player to indispensable member of our backline.

Seemingly cracking bloke and will always have that premiership medallion.

Thank you Murph you magnificent bastard.

d0491d3d235d3c6770014825af0d2961.gif

We will miss Nathan very much, his total commitment to attacking the footy and his team work with Darcy.
He made the right decision as his long term health is more important than playing footy

In fairness, Pucovski has genuinely terrible technique on short balls that it's almost guaranteed that he'll get concussed when facing that kind of delivery. It seems as if the fear of concussive hits feeds into a self-fulfilling prophecy and makes him freeze whenever faced with them

agree. its baffling a gun bat can be like a deer in the headlights if it short.

Obviously made the right decision for his health. Thanks for the great games, the premiership and your incredible courage under fire. Will forever be remembered as our premiership player and a very, very good Collingwood defender. Good on you champ, now go and a have a great and healthy post football career.

Murph is a good bloke. A comedian too lol Lovely speech

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was choking up a bit along with him.
He mentioned Langers - another wonderful player whose career was cut short by injury.
None of us will ever forget the courage he showed on field.
He'll always be a Collingwood Premiership player.
All the best for the future, Murph!

I want to give a big shout out to the club for giving Murph the extra year on his contract at the start of the year. They knew it was very likely he’d have to retire and they did that to look after him financially. It’s very rare in today’s society where business/sport is cut throat with little regard for the people. It shows how much the club has changed since we got rid of Bucks and Eddie. Compare the treatment of Trealor to Murphy, yes different situations but the care for the person is totally different.

I’ve never hid my hatred of Bucks but seeing how Fly and the club are now makes me happy to say I’m a pies supporter.

I sincerely hope Murph finds his niche in the world and if he does put on the whites and plays cricket perhaps we can pack out the MCG when he makes his shield debut for the Vics.

This sucks. I was waiting for his return to fix up our backline.
Even though he didn't have much impact on GF day, He was instrumental in getting us there. He was arguably our most reliable defender last year. We wouldn't have got there without him.
Nathan Murphy, we salute you.

I will definitely miss the mischievous way he goes about things. Hilarious off-field, always riling up the opposition on-field.

If you look up the definition of courage, there should be a picture of Nathan Murphy.
He was absolutely fearless and he did everything well. Exemplary defender. He will be sorely missed.
Thank you for everything Murph.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back