Votes: 156 67.2%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 6 2.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Two firsts for Warner?
Yes, if there is any inclination Warner is heading home this year or next, you get the deal done with Sydney. Richmond can take the last 1st for Baker, that's reasonable for an uncontracted player but you dont take the risk of Warner choosing WC next year and we just get it done. The price isnt going to be that much different anyway.

Having a top 10 pick this year (whoevers it is) also becomes a big deal, it becomes a lot more palatable to Sydney if they get a guaranteed (ie not future) top pick

Morris is all over everything at the moment, ignore his opinions but that dude seems to have taken his sabbatical and just built more contacts everywhere. WC will buy Graham who provides the 80% of Baker onfield with all the intangibles they are after and not lose a draft pick.
To this, WC's offseason is actually shaping up annoyingly perfect for a rebuilding team
  • Graham for free for the right age bracket
  • Busslinger for a 2nd round pick to replace Fatty soon
  • High draft pick to do whatever

It's very good list management if it comes through

A few things. (conspiracy time)

JUH was meant to be signing, yet to see an announcement.
Dogs reportedly upping their offer to keep Smith.

JUH decided to leave?

(you watch, the extension will be announced now)
Yeah, you get the feeling there is a lot of bad juju behind the scenes there and odd he hasnt formally signed yet

West Coast improve their metrics from worst team of the 21st century to regular bottom 4 and some people are talking finals? That's Eagle eyed fan talk.

Check out the absolute spuds in the their near full strength line up on the weekend sandwiched between such young talent as they have and a bunch of old men:
1714527584905.png
People remember Freo 2016 to 2018 right? Having pretty much the best midfield in the comp didn't stop us finishing bottom 6 all three years because the 22 was trash.

Yes, if there is any inclination Warner is heading home this year or next, you get the deal done with Sydney. Richmond can take the last 1st for Baker, that's reasonable for an uncontracted player but you dont take the risk of Warner choosing WC next year and we just get it done. The price isnt going to be that much different anyway.
Why not go for him next year? Eagles will outbid us no matter what. We can make our offer but it is out of our hands. In the meantime if we don't land a small forward to replace Walters we are ****ed.

Why not go for him next year? Eagles will outbid us no matter what. We can make our offer but it is out of our hands. In the meantime if we don't land a small forward to replace Walters we are ****ed.

Because we currently have 4 first round draft picks to play with.
There are no realistic small forwards on the horizon. We have Delean.
We need goal kicking mids as much as we do small forwards tbh.

So one thing to cover off.

Snake Waterman.
Let's remember that he's now 25/26 and in his prime.

Our key forwards are still 3-5 years away from that.

Juicy
He's not a genuine key forward. Players like him need the third defender: In hot games where the pressure is there all day he'll get eaten up by the best key backs. Just like I'm not declaring Tracey a win yet (who is much younger); I want to see sustained performance over months and different match outcomes. If I were a WC fan I wouldn't be popping the champers yet after a 3 or 4 game purple patch that has a lot of mean behind it to revert to.

Last edited:
He's not a genuine key forward. Players like him need the third defender: In hot games where the pressure is there all day he'll get eaten up by the best key backs. Just like I'm not declaring Tracey a win yet (who is much younger); I want to see sustained performance over months and different match outcomes. If I were a WC fan I wouldn't be popping the champers yet after a 3 or 4 game purple patch that has a lot of mean behind it to revert to.
My point was more, he's able to do what he's doing due to his age/experience. If our boys are close to that already (minus consistency), it's exciting to think what they could be doing in a few more years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caleb Daniel looking like he's off to the Crom.

Would the Dogs be looking to replace his speed?

A few things. (conspiracy time)

JUH was meant to be signing, yet to see an announcement.
Dogs reportedly upping their offer to keep Smith.

JUH decided to leave?

(you watch, the extension will be announced now)

JUH being left out for "personal reasons" after avoiding training last Monday is a red flag.

Sam Draper on a podcast today said that he knows from people at the Bulldogs that if Beveridge isn't sacked, several players will request trades at the end of the year. We assume he's talking about Daniel and/or Macrae, but would JUH be a possibility too?

JUH being left out for "personal reasons" after avoiding training last Monday is a red flag.

Sam Draper on a podcast today said that he knows from people at the Bulldogs that if Beveridge isn't sacked, several players will request trades at the end of the year. We assume he's talking about Daniel and/or Macrae, but would JUH be a possibility too?
He had a death in the family, I'd say that's reasonable before jumping to shadows elsewhere. Just surprised that the talk was the extension was done, and this was about 6 weeks ago and still no announcement.

Nor surprised about the second part, just surprised that someone within the industry has said it out loud.

Yeah that's a massive issue with the smoke and mirrors AFL drug policy in the social media age. Whenever anyone's out without an obvious injury or for personal reasons people just assume there's something nefarious going on.

Because we currently have 4 first round draft picks to play with.
There are no realistic small forwards on the horizon. We have Delean.
We need goal kicking mids as much as we do small forwards tbh.

But Sydney won't trade Warner under contract (ignoring anything stupid like offering all 4 first rounders). They will hold him to his contract as per Papley.

But Sydney won't trade Warner under contract (ignoring anything stupid like offering all 4 first rounders). They will hold him to his contract as per Papley.

Not if they can't afford him and will lose him for next to nothing, Dawson style, the year after to WC.

Back