Half-backs:Alex CincottaJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Centreline:David CuninghamPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Matthew CottrellHarry McKayElijah Hollands
Forwards:Matthew OwiesCharlie CurnowTom De Koning
Followers:Marc PittonetSam WalshGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Jordan BoydAdam CerraCorey Durdin
Orazio FantasiaMatthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Jack CarrollOllie HollandsBrodie Kemp

He is player with X factor that has been doing his job (and others jobs) this year.

Coaches love him and has the ability to do freakish things. If he’s fit, he plays. Full Stop…

Why are soooo many people hung up on the Kemp call??? If we just look at the old ‘horses for courses’ line, the Pies have deadly smalls so why would you play him?? He is also prone to huge brain lapses which always turn into goals against.

Kemp is a depth player until he sorts out the above.

No passengers this year thank you very much…
👏👏

See the thing is, they know. And it hurts so bad. The pain is coming and it just ain’t going to end for years. To every Collingwood supporter reading this page: keep telling yourself “but we won the flag”. You hope that works. Don’t you? You hope we get jealous.

But footy is about hope. And we are full of hope. For wonderful reasons named Patrick, Sam, Jacob, Tom, Charlie, Harry, Adam and many more.

And you’re out of hope. And out of time. And misery awaits. And last year is a distant memory. And will be cold comfort when the inevitable happens tonight and we show you up for the frauds you are.

Now * off.
Wwe Mind Blown GIF by Caged Steel

Apparently according to the H/S Jacob Weitering has that horrible moment in 2022 against the Pies permanently on his phone to spur him on to be better (although it had nothing to do with him).

This tells me 2 things 1) We will win tonight and 2) He is never playing anywhere apart from with us.

Just how I read it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is player with X factor that has been doing his job (and others jobs) this year.

Coaches love him and has the ability to do freakish things. If he’s fit, he plays. Full Stop…

Why are soooo many people hung up on the Kemp call??? If we just look at the old ‘horses for courses’ line, the Pies have deadly smalls so why would you play him?? He is also prone to huge brain lapses which always turn into goals against.

You can't be serious, if you had left your argument "horses for courses' I would agree, but brain lapses is harsh, too harsh.

Yes he is young and has made mistakes which have cost us goals, what about the basic kicking errors some of our senior players have made out of defence and turned attack into a goal? Or our forwards who have trouble kicking a basic set shot from 30-40 out? Or our small forwards playing at the moment that average half of what DC and Fog do and the later 2 have been injured.

We have a few passengers every week and probably always will, hopefully this will change. If Kemp goes back to the VFL to work on his deficiencies, you know he will bust a nut doing it.

Pretty sure Cowan & Williams and Young were not great last week.
We also have some ageing defenders, Kemp whilst he has some areas to work on, he was excellent the week prior and has upside & talent.
Personally would have ahead of Cowan who also has some areas to work on.

You can't be serious, if you had left your argument "horses for courses' I would agree, but brain lapses is harsh, too harsh.

Yes he is young and has made mistakes which have cost us goals, what about the basic kicking errors some of our senior players have made out of defence and turned attack into a goal? Or our forwards who have trouble kicking a basic set shot from 30-40 out? Or our small forwards playing at the moment that average half of what DC and Fog do and the later 2 have been injured.

We have a few passengers every week and probably always will, hopefully this will change. If Kemp goes back to the VFL to work on his deficiencies, you know he will bust a nut doing it.
Re: Kemp - this is spot on IMO.

He's a high impact player. Has confidence and takes risks. Often these pay off in terms of intercept marks and attacking ball movement.

Much rather this than he become overly conservative and unsure of himself like Young tends to be.

I heard Hoyne go on about our defensive problems last three weeks -- personally I thought Nth was our worst defensive game we give up a lot of easy goals against them even with saad McGovern weitering in side only really missing Walsh ..

We still need to sort out our press as we did after Ed's camp last year -- proved we can do it last year but still very clunky this season.. we had kept Richmond Brisbane score low even though didn't dominate contest pointing to me we not set up properly behind unless we on the back foot already ..

Pretty sure Cowan & Williams and Young were not great last week.
We also have some ageing defenders, Kemp whilst he has some areas to work on, he was excellent the week prior and has upside & talent.
Personally would have ahead of Cowan who also has some areas to work on.
I don't think it was between Kemp and Cowan seems matchups had a big say in why Kemp was dropped, also need Youngs height against Cox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back