Portfolio Nitpicking Club Logos

Remove this Banner Ad

screenshot-2023-09-03-at-10-15-43-pm-png.1793367

Doing a thing
These look like they are simplified versions of photos from the 1970s footy cards

View attachment 1484450
Heeeeaaavily inspired by Eastleigh FC. Seems odd that the Bombers haven't had a logo of a bomber actually flying up..
I hate Essendon, but even I like them a little more with this logo. It's different from all the other AFL logos, it's fresh and it pops. It dives headfirst into the aesthetic of military hardware, perfect for a bomber.

I loved your Bulldogs logo too, great simplification of illustration and excellent font.

Your work on this thread is so good.

When looking at changing the AFL logo we should look at the changes in International Competitions Logos and see how much they change.
Here is a comparison of the AFL logo with that of the NFL, the NBA and Major League Baseball.

The NFL logo has changed 6 times since 1930, but the same items can still be found except for the stripes.
The NBA logo changed in 1969 to the logo we know today except for a change in 2017.
The Major League Baseball logo was introduced in 1969. Two changes have occured with the colours going darker and the words disappearing.

The AFL logo changed in 2000 because it didn't say AFL. Before that we had the two shield logos back to 1977. The best thing for the AFL logo to do is to make minor changes to the present logo. These three competitions have shown that keeping the same style of logo for the competition is the way to go.

Here are some club logos that I have changed.
Adelaide

Brisbane

Essendon

Gold Coast

North Melbourne

Port Adelaide

SAFL South Australian Football League (now SANFL)

Here is a Collingwood logo that someone designed last year.
Carn the Port Adelaide Light houses!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back