• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 9, 2015
South Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls,
Who do you think will have the better career and who would you take out of these two young 200cm KPF's?
They were taken at picks 8 and 9 in the draft and in my opinion they will be 2 of the best key forwards for years to come.
Darcy Moore- Moore has kicked 33 goals in 26 games, while averaging 9 disposals, 4.5 score involvements, 4 marks and 2 tackles.
Peter Wright- Wright has kicked 28 goals in 20 games, while averaging 10 disposals , 4.5 score involvements, 4.5 marks and 1.5 tackles.

I like 2 metre peter but in saying that i missed moores most dominant game this year.

Would be stoked with either and there is peanuts between them.

Moore will probably kick more goals though as he will be the focal point for collingwood, whereas tom lynch will get most of the delivery in the suns forward line and id expect wright to do some part time ruckwork.

Peter Wright is a machine but I think Moore has more fire power and will be a bigger game changer. Great comparison as their careers have been basically identical thus far.
Fair enough, yeah I thought they would be good in a poll, they're very hard to split but you would take either on any given day.

I'm not a big fan of 200cm forwards, don't get me wrong both these kids and Daniher look the goods, but they don't tend to be durable.

Has a 200cm player ever kicked 100 goals? I can't think of any, but I know Salman was well on his way so doing so.

I'm not a big fan of 200cm forwards, don't get me wrong both these kids and Daniher look the goods, but they don't tend to be durable.

Has a 200cm player ever kicked 100 goals? I can't think of any, but I know Salman was well on his way so doing so.
I understand what you mean, but the only reason I could think why one hasn't kicked 100 is because they were quite rare up until recent years, i cant see anyone besides Franklin, Kennedy or Tom Lynch kicking 100 anytime soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just IMO but you don't pick a KF of this calibre based on their ruck ability, and even if you did Moore can ruck, his dad won 2 Brownlow's in the role.
When there looks to be so little between them one having an extra string to his bow could be what gets him the nod and I just see Wright having more ruck potential, in particular due to his stronger and bigger frame and elite endurance.

Again that's just for us, as per the question in the OP, given we already have McCartin, Bruce and Membrey, but could do with someone with Wright's ability to play both forward and ruck.

Last edited:
That is why it's a prediction :)
Sure and sometimes you can feel there is too little evidence to make any sort of prediction yet. That's where my opinion stands currently.

I'm a fan of Moore. Like what I've seen of his career thus far. Looks a superior athlete to Wright as his vertical leap and lateral mobility is sublime for a player of his height. You expect 20yr old's like that to be slightly uncoordinated but he's ready-made and it will only be desire that holds him back.
Big futures for both guys but Moore will turn out to be the more decorated player in my opinion.

Back