Marcus Bontempelli vs. Christian Petracca

Bont or Trac

• Bont

Votes: 118 79.7%
  • Trac

Votes: 30 20.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You're so obsessed with Oliver over Petracca it's unhealthy.

And talk about repetitive. You never stop.

They've very different players and there are valid arguments for either.

As for Bontempelli v Petracca ? I'm biased but prefer Petracca.

Bontempelli is the better clearance player, tackler and contested mark, but Petracca averages more disposals, more goals, more goal assists and more score involvements and they're metrics I value highly.

Bontempelli is smoother and Petracca more explosive. Head to head Petracca has a better record also.

Bontempelli would be my favourite non Demon, so I get why neutrals rate him so highly.
So true

yeah I think its perplexing that people never stop saying petracca is our best player. The coaching staff at the dees have spoken too.

He's more versatile.
You saw what he did in the 2021 grand final and that was all down to his ability to hit the scoreboard.

Going to be fun watching De Goey and Petracca go at it on Thursday night. Two big time players at the absolute peak of their powers.

He's more versatile.
You saw what he did in the 2021 grand final and that was all down to his ability to hit the scoreboard.

Going to be fun watching De Goey and Petracca go at it on Thursday night. Two big time players at the absolute peak of their powers.
is he though? he's a considerably worse midfielder and as a forward he's the most inaccurate shot at goal in the entire afl over a 3 year period.

I'm terms of the granny, Oliver had 30+ touches, plus the sealer, plus slowed down bontempelli.

there's a reason Oliver has 4 bnf's to petraccas 1

is he though? he's a considerably worse midfielder and as a forward he's the most inaccurate shot at goal in the entire afl over a 3 year period.

I'm terms of the granny, Oliver had 30+ touches, plus the sealer, plus slowed down bontempelli.

there's a reason Oliver has 4 bnf's to petraccas 1

Many great players should have probably won more than 1, 2 or 3 best and fairest awards throughout their career.
I have no idea who has won Melbourne's over the years but I would suspect he has been runner-up on numerous occasions as well as top three for a lot of those years.

Many great players should have probably won more than 1, 2 or 3 best and fairest awards throughout their career.
I have no idea who has won Melbourne's over the years but I would suspect he has been runner-up on numerous occasions as well as top three for a lot of those years.
I agree with that. The difference is that Oliver and Petracca have both played at their peak, alongside each other for their careers and Oliver comes out on top. Internally, he's rated higher and that's just a fact. The BnF's speak for themselves.

You are right, Petracca has finished 2nd three times. always behind Oliver.

On the field, I'm always more scared to play Petracca.

In supercoach, I'm always more scared to play someone who has Oliver.
That sums it up then, i use to feel the same with Bont and Macrae with supercoach, and I'm sure other teams fans would be more worried about Bont playing against them then Macrae.

If either one of these guys win tonight (Bont would be more likely out of the two) then this poll could get flipped on its head. I still can't pick between either of them.

If either one of these guys win tonight (Bont would be more likely out of the two) then this poll could get flipped on its head. I still can't pick between either of them.

I don't really think an award would affect the poll results too much. Wines won a brownlow and he's clearly not on the same level as these two

I agree with that. The difference is that Oliver and Petracca have both played at their peak, alongside each other for their careers and Oliver comes out on top. Internally, he's rated higher and that's just a fact. The BnF's speak for themselves.

You are right, Petracca has finished 2nd three times. always behind Oliver.

You aren't worried about Oliver's longevity in the game?
He could be another Cripps wherein his peak was only for a fleeting period of 2-3 years. Will still put up ridiculously large numbers on a weekly basis but that overall spark and first step quickly evaporated in his late 20's.

Petracca looks like he will always hold on to that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You aren't worried about Oliver's longevity in the game?
He could be another Cripps wherein his peak was only for a fleeting period of 2-3 years. Will still put up ridiculously large numbers on a weekly basis but that overall spark and first step quickly evaporated in his late 20's.

Petracca looks like he will always hold on to that.
Oliver is quicker than Petracca currently. Oliver is lightning fast. People just love to label an accumulator as lacking hurt factor but the reality is over 100m, I'm backing Oliver over most fast players in the comp. And cripps has never been the best mid in the game, let alone for 2 years straight.

Oliver's consistency is almost unmatched across the entire competition, which plays heavily in his favour. Ability to change a game though? That's Petracca easily. Saying Oliver is quicker than Petracca is hilarious.
The coaches votes is voting on influence on a game. Oliver has won the award twice which means his influence on a game was voted the highest. This 'turning the game' gymnastics is nonsense. When petracca is quiet, that's also changing the game in a negative way or is changing the game only when you're doing well? It's got to be both ways.

Oliver is quicker. there's a reason why Oliver has won 4 bnF's and Trac only 1. think about that. The coaches rate Oliver higher internally.

The coaches votes is voting on influence on a game. Oliver has won the award twice which means his influence on a game was voted the highest. This 'turning the game' gymnastics is nonsense. When petracca is quiet, that's also changing the game in a negative way or is changing the game only when you're doing well? It's got to be both ways.

Oliver is quicker. there's a reason why Oliver has won 4 bnF's and Trac only 1. think about that. The coaches rate Oliver higher internally.

It's the 30 & 3 factor 😂😂

Back