Play Nice Dustin Martin to North | 31/8: DM signed at RFC for 1.3m/7yrs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just swapped my overtime tomorrow night so I can kit the kids up in their North gear, and get them to Southland to pre-welcome Dusty to our great club. A cheeky photo of Dusty signing the North Melbourne jumper will be the goal. Should be a laugh to see the Tigs fans melting when we get to the front of the line.

Attachments

• IMG_3033.PNG
    IMG_3033.PNG
    124.7 KB · Views: 6

F***ing LOL!

My bloody alarm goes off in 3 hours and now I'll be laughing instead of sleeping in the dark until it does.

Well played! :D:thumbsu:

Meanwhile............over at ockers place...........

AT631VU1Fw208.webp

Chances you won't get both but just for the fun of it, how do you do it?

In order to not have Richmond match, you have to offer way overs or else make a deal with Richmond.
In order to get Kelly, you're going to have to pay heavily by way of trade.

All fine just saying let's do it but the 'how' has to come into account at some point in time..........so How?

Get Swan on the rookie list and offer Dustin's dad a job! :)

Last edited:
He is close with his dad. Sounds like the biggest $$$ will win as he would want to make sure he gets a place for his dad to live comfortably too if he isn't already.

Wouldn't surprise me that the next contract will allow him to train a bit in NZ over the summer too and have clauses built in over the breaks

He is close with his dad. Sounds like the biggest $$$ will win as he would want to make sure he gets a place for his dad to live comfortably too if he isn't already.

Wouldn't surprise me that the next contract will allow him to train a bit in NZ over the summer too and have clauses built in over the breaks

Dustys old man owns a transport company in Sydney and has plenty.

We'll see about that...

Dusty's not going anywhere.

And Kelly....watch this space.

Idiots.
Your opinion

https://redracer.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/richmond-s**t.jpg

Just swapped my overtime tomorrow night so I can kit the kids up in their North gear, and get them to Southland to pre-welcome Dusty to our great club. A cheeky photo of Dusty signing the North Melbourne jumper will be the goal. Should be a laugh to see the Tigs fans melting when we get to the front of the line.
Holy s**t. If you got his sig. on a North jumper...

I might burst a lung. Even funnier if you get a washable marker worst-case scenario. The cheer squad should definitely do some welcome dusty signs.

W

That's good to know, I suspect tgat any clauses allowing him to visit his dad would be greatly welcomed in any contract he receives. Within reason of course
Any time we play a bottom 8 team he can have the week off. By next year we will be an AFL powerhouse so letting 1 player rest will be fine.

Holy s**t. If you got his sig. on a North jumper...

I might burst a lung. Even funnier if you get a washable marker worst-case scenario. The cheer squad should definitely do some welcome dusty signs.
Haha imagine if we just took over the joint with a huge Blue and White contingent. Baked him a cake, present him with gifts, and tokens of our appreciation.

We went through something like that (albeit lesser numbers) with Greenwood.

Our initial offer was quite low.
We got to an offer he'd have taken but in that time the pies had come in and offered more for longer than we were willing.

Levi no longer plays at North.

Lowball is fine and legitimate negotiation tool, however it has the potential to open the door to offers you simply cannot match.
Agreed. Lowball is a poor strategy when the person is in demand. All it does is give others the opportunity to put in a better offer.

I've been on the end of it in the corporate world. If your employer tries to lowball you it makes you feel undervalued. Then when a good offer is put in front of you from elsewhere you think "yes, I'll take that, thanks very much". When your employer then comes back saying they'll match that offer you're like, "yeah, nah, I would've signed for a bit less than this originally, but burnt bridges and all that".

Come on down Dusty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was thinking the same thing. Take a copy of the Film Marley and me and see if he will sign that,

So does Swanny wanna play North 2's next year? :thumbsu:;)
Hell, if he's good enough, I'm sure we can find him a place in the seniors.

Imagine the unadulterated joy of Collingwood fans.

If we got Dane and Dusty, think of the opportunities we'd create for Collingwood and Richmond fans to bond :)

It's been mentioned before but I think the cheer squad has to do something with the banner re dusty. Also possibly a couple of 'welcome dusty' flags in the crowd. Of course a rousing applause when he kicks a goal in the final term to reduce our lead to 10 goals.

So does Swanny wanna play North 2's next year? :thumbsu:;)
If Swan was serious, I wonder what he would cost us, both in terms of salary, or whether we would have to negotiate a trade with Collingwood - is he still contracted to the Woods? Would our salary cap be able to bear the extra strain?

Make him the captain of the Reserves team, and if his form is good enough, a place in the seniors is there for the taking.

If Swan was serious, I wonder what he would cost us, both in terms of salary, or whether we would have to negotiate a trade with Collingwood - is he still contracted to the Woods? Would our salary cap be able to bear the extra strain?

Make him the captain of the Reserves team, and if his form is good enough, a place in the seniors is there for the taking.

I'm more concerned that you might be serious.

Do I miss another podcast and head over too? o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back