Draft Watcher D_P_S Draft Watch 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't get to see any TAC games apart from the game on YouTube between Dandy and Gippy. Johnston continues to kick bags of goals, i really don't care for the excuses people make for him not getting drafted I still think he is worth a shot late at least
I believe you learn much more watching players live tbh
I agree Clark is in good form

Jaidyn Stephenson was the clear standout today playing as a pure midfielder. Ryley Stoddart was brilliant in defence taking some great intercept marks before being swung forward in the 2nd half and he did very well kicking a goal and missing a couple. Sam Hayes kicked 2 goals and edged out Joel Amartey in the ruck. Cricketer Ed Newman was good in his TAC debut showing his clean hands and skills although he trailed of in the 2nd half. Will Walker was their best although his kicking was shaky at times and looked abit laconic at times almost getting run down on a few occasions. Quintin Montanaro had a solid game and he still looks a nice pickup late in the draft. Tom North was busy in the middle and Hayden McLean had a dirty day ending the game on the bench after a late injury.

Not one for the highlight reels yesterday but an intriguing see saw-ing encounter all the same. For me Riley Stoddart was the BOG for Eastern as he played a genuine four quarter game at both ends of the ground and provided headaches for the Dragons all day. Stephenson's burst from halfway through the third term dragged Eastern back into the game and eventually into the lead. Agreed he turned the match back in their favour, but he was quiet for a long period of the game. Hayes is a funny one as he should dominate the ruck a bit more but he did accumulate kicks around the ground which I hadn't seen him do so well before. Also his intercept marking from the Dragons kick ins was important.

For the Dragons, hard to find any standouts which is odd given they had more than enough chances to grab the lead in the last term. Yep - Walker did some exciting things but Montonaro's reliability by foot has gone missing. Newman was definitely a positive and will improve week to week, especially with the full squads returning for the next month and finals. Apparently Eastern have roughly 10 to return, Dragons around 15. Will make any final between these two teams an exciting proposition for sure.

Not one for the highlight reels yesterday but an intriguing see saw-ing encounter all the same. For me Riley Stoddart was the BOG for Eastern as he played a genuine four quarter game at both ends of the ground and provided headaches for the Dragons all day. Stephenson's burst from halfway through the third term dragged Eastern back into the game and eventually into the lead. Agreed he turned the match back in their favour, but he was quiet for a long period of the game. Hayes is a funny one as he should dominate the ruck a bit more but he did accumulate kicks around the ground which I hadn't seen him do so well before. Also his intercept marking from the Dragons kick ins was important.

For the Dragons, hard to find any standouts which is odd given they had more than enough chances to grab the lead in the last term. Yep - Walker did some exciting things but Montonaro's reliability by foot has gone missing. Newman was definitely a positive and will improve week to week, especially with the full squads returning for the next month and finals. Apparently Eastern have roughly 10 to return, Dragons around 15. Will make any final between these two teams an exciting proposition for sure.
I was doing quarter by quarter notes and I though Stephenson was the most consistent player over he whole game. Ross had a very quiet 2nd quarter and then had an influence when sent forward in the 2nd half. I counted atleast 5 noteworthy things for Stephenson in every quarter which is better than anyone on the day. If the play eachother in the finals and it's anything like last year we are in for a belter

Jackson Ross finished his fine school form with 6 goals for Haileybury to bring his total to 29 from 9 games. Extremely stiff to miss out on Metro selection but his invite to the combine shows his efforts aren't going unnoticed.

This kid could be anything he is 192cm but still very skinny, awesome hands at ground level and he has brilliant agility and he can turn players around with ease. If he goes past the 2nd round he could end up a real steal. I'm expecting him to have a good showing in the lead up to finals with School footy finished.

Jackson Ross finished his fine school form with 6 goals for Haileybury to bring his total to 29 from 9 games. Extremely stiff to miss out on Metro selection but his invite to the combine shows his efforts aren't going unnoticed.

This kid could be anything he is 192cm but still very skinny, awesome hands at ground level and he has brilliant agility and he can turn players around with ease. If he goes past the 2nd round he could end up a real steal. I'm expecting him to have a good showing in the lead up to finals with School footy finished.

Had him in my top 25 prior to the season - hasn't slipped outside my top 40 all year. Got the traits - clubs know he can play school footy, but needs to do it at Eastern. Was promising in the school holidays.

Had him in my top 25 prior to the season - hasn't slipped outside my top 40 all year. Got the traits - clubs know he can play school footy, but needs to do it at Eastern. Was promising in the school holidays.
Id like them to play him up forward and keep Stephenson in the middle. Early on in the year Eastern played him on the wing and I don't think that's his best spot. Definitely more dangerous when forward imo

After a hard drive issue with my laptop I've lost all my data so all my draft notes from this year are gone just like that

Moral of the story always back up your data regularly. It's a shame that I've lost all the stuff I've done but either way I was going to go over footage and I can remember alot of things really well so in terms of my profiles and analysis of the draft for the end of the year I should still be fine.

After a hard drive issue with my laptop I've lost all my data so all my draft notes from this year are gone just like that

Moral of the story always back up your data regularly. It's a shame that I've lost all the stuff I've done but either way I was going to go over footage and I can remember alot of things really well so in terms of my profiles and analysis of the draft for the end of the year I should still be fine.

Surely they could've found a different way of saving your stuff on something.

Man, that is THE worst way to learn to always backup :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive been doing this on the Essendon board because its only for fun and its not a very serious opinion on where these players will go and to what clubs. I thought i may aswell put it here for people to see just as something to discuss, its a rolling mock draft that i will update every week as the ladder changes using the draft pick calculator done by Lore

Academy and F/S bidding isnt included ive just put players like Naish and Ballenden at the clubs picks that look around their value. Like i said its not a serious attempt just for a but of fun.

Rolling Mock Draft   15th Aug Edition.PNG

Hey D_P_S hope you don't some comments.

I'm cool with LDU at 1, even though belief on the Lions board is that we won't finish with the spoon. I believe GC will go best available inside mid at 4, I could see Paddy Dow being picked by GC.

Really not sure Bulldogs would go for another Ruck/KPF.

Lochie O'Brien or Nick Coffield at 13 for Brisbane is real coin flip. Who is the better ball user between the two?

Ive been doing this on the Essendon board because its only for fun and its not a very serious opinion on where these players will go and to what clubs. I thought i may aswell put it here for people to see just as something to discuss, its a rolling mock draft that i will update every week as the ladder changes using the draft pick calculator done by Lore

Academy and F/S bidding isnt included ive just put players like Naish and Ballenden at the clubs picks that look around their value. Like i said its not a serious attempt just for a but of fun.

View attachment 404091
Respect for the amount of work in there mate, but zero chance we invest our first pick in a ruck prospect, we have Matt Flynn in that role already

Respect for the amount of work in there mate, but zero chance we invest our first pick in a ruck prospect, we have Matt Flynn in that role already
I really can't find an end of the ground that you guys need covering, perhaps more small forward depth and Key forward but I'd still say after Mumford the ruck stocks in terms of quality aren't as high as other positions. The thing CCJ also has is he can play forward aswell and for when the time comes that Mumford is finished he could make a good tandem with Rory Lobb.

I havnt seen enough of Flynn to suspect he will be a star Ruckman but if your so confident on your ruck stocks what other types do you need?
Hey D_P_S hope you don't some comments.

I'm cool with LDU at 1, even though belief on the Lions board is that we won't finish with the spoon. I believe GC will go best available inside mid at 4, I could see Paddy Dow being picked by GC.

Really not sure Bulldogs would go for another Ruck/KPF.

Lochie O'Brien or Nick Coffield at 13 for Brisbane is real coin flip. Who is the better ball user between the two?
I still rate Fogarty as a mid so what's why I have him going to the suns

They don't really have anyone else apart from English coming through and Hayes is a top line ruck. I've always thought English would make a great tall defender which is another position Dogs could use. They may not go Hayes but it's hard to pick which clubs will go a ruck and if English could go at 18 last year then Hayes should go around the 8-12 mark.

I really can't find an end of the ground that you guys need covering, perhaps more small forward depth and Key forward but I'd still say after Mumford the ruck stocks in terms of quality aren't as high as other positions. The thing CCJ also has is he can play forward aswell and for when the time comes that Mumford is finished he could make a good tandem with Rory Lobb.

I havnt seen enough of Flynn to suspect he will be a star Ruckman but if your so confident on your ruck stocks what other types do you need?

Flynn is developing very well.

Most apparent needs are a small forward who can apply consistent defensive pressure with good usage skills, and another one of them.

Our biggest issue all year has been forward defensive pressure, we can't keep the ball in.

respect for putting the time and effort into this draft thread, and mock draft. Can't help but feel North will look to select Paddy Doaw at pick 2/3.

respect for putting the time and effort into this draft thread, and mock draft. Can't help but feel North will look to select Paddy Doaw at pick 2/3.
They very well could, like I said this isn't a fully serious attempt, I thought with getting Brayshaw later you could get Stephenson early with not many players in this draft having the attributes he does

With school footy finished I may be tempted to make the long trip up to Mars stadium to watch the triple header this sunday.

Geelong vs Murray
Gippsland vs Bendigo
GWV vs Dandenong

Hoping Bonar plays for Dandenong since i havnt seen him yet this year.

Some school footy representatives that should play

Geelong
Oscar Brownless
Ned McHenry
Jack Henderson

Murray
Laitham Vandermeer

Gippsland
Changkuoth Jiath

Bendigo
Paddy Dow
Lochie O'Brien
Jarrod Brander
Brent Daniels

Dandenong
Luke Davies-Uniacke
Oscar Clavarino
Aidan Bonar
Mitch Riordan

View attachment 404091

If Carlton finished bottom do you still have them taking Rayner still

If Carlton finished bottom do you still have them taking Rayner still
Maybe, it's really tough between him and LDU for pick 1 atm. Rayner will take longer to impact in the midfield but he may start forward for blues and Charlie Curnow pushes into the midfield on a more regular basis.

If Blues want a more readymade midfielder i think they will go LDU. Wouldn't rule out Cerra and Dow aswell and if the Blues are thinking a little outside the box they could go Stephenson for more speed through the middle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back