The on topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it is ******* riduclous. From what I can tell, in Australia a 'regular person' could face up to 10 years imprisonment for something similar.

I'm not sure if it's true but I read that he also paid a total of 500k Euros to the family of the victim which also mitigated the punishment. But what's that to him? **** all.

That payment might have been from a civil court case payout, or Spanish equivalent. Still, it's nothing much really. Like in many of these situations, the victim's family would probably trade back every last cent just to have their loved one back.

That payment might have been from a civil court case payout, or Spanish equivalent. Still, it's nothing much really. Like in many of these situations, the victim's family would probably trade back every last cent just to have their loved one back.
In all cases i would think.

A few things on the Marcos Alonso thing:

1) He wasn't earning big bucks at RM when he was there, he was a reserve LB. He was a backup LB for Paul Robinson at Bolton when this happened. By the time he was found guilty and paid the fine he was playing for Fiorentina who aren't known for big wages are they? Put that into perspective in terms of financial logistics and then remember that he paid 500,000 Euros if not more to the family.

2) The girl who passed away in the accident wasn't wearing a seat belt. Marcos did a very shitty thing and will have it over his head for the rest of his life but the girl should've just worn the ******* seat belt. I knew about this ages ago and had Marcos in Adam Johnson territory until I read that she didn't have her seat belt on. They have seat belts for a ******* reason and yes Marcos was a giant ******* for speeding and drink driving but JUST WEAR THE ******* SEAT BELT.

3) He got the sentence he did for a few reasons which range from him paying an absolute s**t load to the family voluntarily, he was 100% forthright and honest with what he did and never hid from it and the longevity of the case was an issue as well.

You can read about it more here:

http://www.larazon.es/deportes/futb...icidio-imprudente-KK11829120#.Ttt1tx736HpW7Jm

It really is staggering when you look at what happened. Driving at over twice the speed limit, with a blood alcohol reading of 0.93.

He kills his friend due to his stupidity and recklessness, yet walks away from it with just a €60k fine. What price on a life hey? Incredible.

What the hell?! That's messed up.

I am also reminded that in many countries, 0.08 is the limit, although in some other countries, it's 0.1... madness.

I know the thing about irresponsible teenagers and all that, but this just takes the cake on this.

Now that is one of those wouldn't have believed it if I didn't look at the stats type thing.

Could have sworn Lucas got as many assists last season as the "World class" Paul Pogba.

It's easy to see why when as a unit United scored 54 goals in the league last season and 5 of them came from Pogba. It's not like Pogba wasn't dishing out chances, he was, his teammates were missing them. A lot of missed chances last season via Pogba. You simply cannot go off last season when the team were off-point in front of goal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that is one of those wouldn't have believed it if I didn't look at the stats type thing.

It's easy to see why when as a unit United scored 54 goals in the league last season and 5 of them came from Pogba. It's not like Pogba wasn't dishing out chances, he was, his teammates were missing them. A lot of missed chances last season via Pogba. You simply cannot go off last season when the team were off-point in front of goal.

So it's Pogba's teammates to blame when Lucas, who spent much of the season as a fill in CB, matches him in assists last season.

But when Coutinho's assists get matched by another player it isn't the fault of his teammates missing chances at all.

We get it.

What do Lucas or Pogba have to do with Coutinho not being world class? I haven't seen any set of posters here trying to claim that either of them are coming off world class seasons.

Your post suggested Coutinho wasn't world class because of assist stats and I pointed out Pogba, who many United fans claim as world class, was matched by Lucas in assists last season, a player who spent much of the season as a fill in CB. Stats can sometimes be very misleading.

So it's Pogba's teammates to blame when Lucas, who spent much of the season as a fill in CB, matches him in assists last season.

But when Coutinho's assists get matched by another player it isn't the fault of his teammates missing chances at all.

We get it.

No, you actually don't get it. Did you expect Pogba to get 15 assists when as a unit United scored 54 goals? Last season Chelsea scored 85 goals and the highest assist makers in the team as regular starters were Hazard with 5, Costa with 7 and Pedro with 9. Fabregas had 12 assists combining between starting and coming off the bench.

Yet, here you are going on about Pogba getting 4 assists in a team that scored 54 goals. As for your "So it's Pogba's teammates to blame", Pogba's teammates are the ones who have to score from his assists. That is what an assist is.

No, you actually don't get it. Did you expect Pogba to get 15 assists when as a unit United scored 54 goals? Last season Chelsea scored 85 goals and the highest assist makers in the team as regular starters were Hazard with 5, Costa with 7 and Pedro with 9. Fabregas had 12 assists combining between starting and coming off the bench.

Yet, here you are going on about Pogba getting 4 assists in a team that scored 54 goals. As for your "So it's Pogba's teammates to blame", Pogba's teammates are the ones who have to score from his assists. That is what an assist is.

I was just responding to a post going on about Mhkyotaryan being 3 assists off Coutinho. You are the one going on about it!!

Your post suggested Coutinho wasn't world class because of assist stats and I pointed out Pogba, who many United fans claim as world class, was matched by Lucas in assists last season, a player who spent much of the season as a fill in CB.

The difference is that United fans expected more from Pogba and were frustrated at the restricted role he played at times last season. No one is under the delusion that he was a world class performer last season.

Stats can sometimes be very misleading.

That we can agree on. I'd rather use my eyes to judge a players quality rather than draw conclusions from a list of numbers. Despite possessing plenty of ability on the ball I just don't think Coutinho is anywhere near consistent or productive enough in his role to be considered world class.

Your post suggested Coutinho wasn't world class because of assist stats and I pointed out Pogba, who many United fans claim as world class, was matched by Lucas in assists last season, a player who spent much of the season as a fill in CB. Stats can sometimes be very misleading.
False equivalence mate.

If you had have said that last season Lucas got more assists than Pogba ever had in a league season then you might have a point.

A few things on the Marcos Alonso thing:

1) He wasn't earning big bucks at RM when he was there, he was a reserve LB. He was a backup LB for Paul Robinson at Bolton when this happened. By the time he was found guilty and paid the fine he was playing for Fiorentina who aren't known for big wages are they? Put that into perspective in terms of financial logistics and then remember that he paid 500,000 Euros if not more to the family.

2) The girl who passed away in the accident wasn't wearing a seat belt. Marcos did a very shitty thing and will have it over his head for the rest of his life but the girl should've just worn the ******* seat belt. I knew about this ages ago and had Marcos in Adam Johnson territory until I read that she didn't have her seat belt on. They have seat belts for a ******* reason and yes Marcos was a giant ******* for speeding and drink driving but JUST WEAR THE ******* SEAT BELT.

3) He got the sentence he did for a few reasons which range from him paying an absolute s**t load to the family voluntarily, he was 100% forthright and honest with what he did and never hid from it and the longevity of the case was an issue as well.

You can read about it more here:

http://www.larazon.es/deportes/futb...icidio-imprudente-KK11829120#.Ttt1tx736HpW7Jm
So it's the girls fault even though the campaigner was drink driving and speeding. Ffs he's a criminal don't be shifting blame

She also committed a crime.
A far, far lesser one. You are only dangering yourself by not belting up (front seat passengers anyway). Silly comparison to make between her "crime" and his

A far, far lesser one. You are only dangering yourself by not belting up (front seat passengers anyway). Silly comparison to make between her "crime" and his

No one is comparing them, just pointing out that she didn't wear a seatbelt, and as you say, she endangered herself. Doesn't alleviate him of the crime he committed and no one has suggested that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back