What are your Top 3 most liked and Top 3 least liked teams?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah I looked, only people wearing the merchandise were the players. What an insipid club honestly. Can't even travel an hour to support their club.

Insipid club? Nah that will only happen if one of our supporters spits on the coach as he walks down the race or if someone dumps chicken s**t at Kardina park. Honestly.

Im surprised by the hate for Geelong from nearly everyone
Also surprised by the respect for the Swans and that "they are always in finals"
Its called salary cap cheating and draft tampering in real life and Cola,secret ambassadorial payments and cheap academy picks in the AFL.
Not to mention soft draws, that also guarantee tough opposition gets multiple 6 day breaks or a hard run just before they face them.
Then theres the MRP
Makes you wonder how they make the finals but dont usually win it ??

I dont mind quite a few clubs
Changes depending on who has a good game style to watch
Tiges Crows and GWS are good to watch this year

Cant stand
The Bombers salary cap and drug cheats being fed the Timmy Watson BS bad governance, "supplement saga", fairy tale, so brave line shits me to tears
The AFL Swans soulless franchise AFL sanctioned salary cap cheats and draft manipulating cheats
The Cats all the key players at the Dons were at the Cats first, they got bigger and yet still had stamina and won premierships ??????????
The Blues just a pathetic organisation who hasnt adapted well to the post salary cap period

Like:
Adelaide - Entertaining side at the moment, particularly the Eddie Betts show. Wouldn't mind seeing them win it this season.
GWS - Not sure that I like their concessions but entertaining side and a club that is an important addition to the competition, market-wise.
Gold Coast - Saw them live as a neutral a few years back, which was a new footy experience for me (rocking up in shorts and t-shirt!)

Dislike:
Carlton - Not even a dislike, unexplainable hatred. The worst.
Hawthorn - flog supporters, flog players (smug prick Mitchell, part time drink driver/part time good bloke Hodgey), flog midget coach.
Sydney - used to be a respected side and then ruined it by signing the superflog Franklin.

Richmond - great when they are up and about.
Freo - put up with a truckload of crap from media over here.
Geelong - games with the cats are typically epic and outside of bigfooty, their fans are good to watch the game with and a beer with after the game.

Dislike
West Coast - not so much the players - their fans and the media over here are ******* unbearable.
Essendon - worst Victorian team - delusional flogs everywhere.
Puffers - go the power! Bunch of ferals - but great they have helped the Hawks over the years.

Im surprised by the hate for Geelong from nearly everyone
Also surprised by the respect for the Swans and that "they are always in finals"
Its called salary cap cheating and draft tampering in real life and Cola,secret ambassadorial payments and cheap academy picks in the AFL.
Not to mention soft draws, that also guarantee tough opposition gets multiple 6 day breaks or a hard run just before they face them.
Then theres the MRP
Makes you wonder how they make the finals but dont usually win it ??

I dont mind quite a few clubs
Changes depending on who has a good game style to watch
Tiges Crows and GWS are good to watch this year

Cant stand
The Bombers salary cap and drug cheats being fed the Timmy Watson BS bad governance, "supplement saga", fairy tale, so brave line shits me to tears
The AFL Swans soulless franchise AFL sanctioned salary cap cheats and draft manipulating cheats
The Cats all the key players at the Dons were at the Cats first, they got bigger and yet still had stamina and won premierships ??????????
The Blues just a pathetic organisation who hasnt adapted well to the post salary cap period
go watch a video of the 2007 gf champ. the team that won that year is one of the skinniest teams to win the flag since it became pro sport. the likes of ablett, bartel, johnson, kelly, corey, scarlett, mackie, milburn etc all look like teens wearing their dads jumpers. next time before you start accusing teams of drug cheating make sure you actually have something to back it up instead of made up rubbish.

Like:
Carlton - Soft spot for the Blues due to the SA connection pre Crows days.
Brisbane - Loved watching their glory days. Have been irrelevant for a while but am looking forward to watching their young team build (if they can keep hold of them)
West Coast - Should be on the dislike due to our on-field history, but feel some affinity to the big brothers of the west.

Dislike:
Port Power - It's in the blood.
Geelong - Never really had an issue with Geelong until Danger decided to go home. A bigger bunch of self entitled flog supporters you will never meet (unless you head to Port)
Collingwood - Just an unlikable organisation. Although I do enjoy Bucks in the media.

Insipid club? Nah that will only happen if one of our supporters spits on the coach as he walks down the race or if someone dumps chicken s**t at Kardina park. Honestly.
It's probably happened, but because no one gives a shot about your club it never was spoken about. Must have hurt your egos how irrelevant you were at that qualifying final, it was Richmond vs. random team

It's probably happened, but because no one gives a shot about your club it never was spoken about. Must have hurt your egos how irrelevant you were at that qualifying final, it was Richmond vs. random team

Lolololol Geelong irrelevant from a Richmond supporter.
Check out the dislike we have here, it's awesome. Why? Because we have been very good for over a decade now and in another preliminary final. That's relevancy.
Hope we never go back to being liked, the 90s were bad for that reason. Fun side to watch but never bothered the best side Grand Final Day so everyone felt sorry for us and hoped we won just like we all feel sorry for Richmond now!
The only thing Richmond has is loud fans. Not even top 2 in Victoria for support but it's what you hang your hat on. Lol how embarrassing.
I think I'll take the on field success thanks rather than being Victoria's 3rd most supported side. 3rd woop woop goooo tigers!
You know who else had lots of fans? Hitler. Means nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Check out the dislike we have here, it's awesome. Why? Because we have been very good for over a decade now and in another preliminary final. That's relevancy.
Hope we never go back to being liked, the 90s were bad for that reason. Fun side to watch but never bothered the best side Grand Final Day so everyone felt sorry for us and hoped we won just like we all feel sorry for Richmond now!
The only thing Richmond has is loud fans. Not even top 2 in Victoria for support but it's what you hang your hat on. Lol how embarrassing.
I think I'll take the on field success thanks rather than being Victoria's 3rd most supported side. 3rd woop woop goooo tigers!
So you're comparing being a Richmond supporter to being a nazi?

Essendon: Always played a good brand of attacking football, thought they were dragged through too much with the doping scandal.
St Kilda: Just feel sorry for them to be frank, their best shot at winning a flag would have won a flag on a lot of other years but they ran into a Geelong side seeking redemption for the choke the year before and a very strong Collingwood side the year after where the bounce of the ball ultimately cost them a flag.
Port: Like the way they play the game, they've given us some exciting finals over the past few years.

Dislike
Hawthorn: Ok I hate Hawthorn but do still respect them. Obvious reasons to most but if you asked me this question in 2007 I still would have given the same answer.
Adelaide: I don't like putting them in this group because I really like their team, would love to see Betts with a premiership medallion but their fans have been extremely obnoxious since the whole Dangerfield thing. To Geelong at least until this Friday night they have remained largely irrelevant but their fans have been obsessed with us.
Richmond: Ok if you asked me in 2 months time this slot would probably change but I'm still dirty that they got gifted a home QF when they didn't deserve one, added to that the amount of booing we copped that whole game just rubbed salt in the wounds. In hindsight I wish we tanked that game against GWS the week before so they had to travel to Spotless on week 1.
At least you're honest.

Still pretty sad that you people think finals should be about locking out 65,000 people.

Liked:
• Collingwood - partner goes for them and I genuinely think Pendlebury is a great guy
• Adelaide - love watching them play and wish Eddie all the success in the world
• Geelong - the colours get me

Hated:
• Hawthorn - my best friends are all unbearable Hawthorn supporters
• Essendon - hate the media narrative around them
• Melbourne - annoy me with how entitled some of their fans get when something doesn’t go their way

So you're comparing being a Richmond supporter to being a nazi?

Ha, didn't think of it like that but ok whatever floats your boat.
I'm pointing out having lots of support isn't something to hang your hat on if you're rubbish.
I can compare Richmond to anything popular.
Do you think everything that is popular or has more fans should mean anything?
Soccer has more fans than Aussie Rules, do you care?
How do you feel about Collingwood and Essendon being bigger and more passionate than you? Do you care? I think West Coast and Adelaide are also bigger than Richmond and every home game of theirs is loud with passionate fans. Not just when they are performing well. Do you care, should you care? Sydney has the most fans Australia wide, more than Richmond. Do you care?

Other sporting codes around the world get louder and more passionate crowds than Richmond. Do you care? Do you follow only well supported sides?

Should I care Geelong has less fans than Richmond?
You see it means nothing and it's what Richmond hang their hat on. You ain't even top 4 of your own sport when it comes to support no matter what the media try to convince us of.

Richmond isn't special, you've just sucked for 4 decades and been our bunnies for the majority of that time.

Also stuff Richmond and locking out your fans, it really shouldn't matter or we should go back to the VFL where you can see your team every week and play at the G as a sole venue.
You can't see your side when you play finals at small interstate boutique stadiums. So why should you all get to see games against Geelong at our home game?
I know the state final rule (I like it) doesn't make it right though. The rule used to be 1 Victorian final, so what? Was wrong also but I liked it.

Last edited:
I'm pointing out having lots of support isn't something to hang your hat on if you're rubbish.
How do you feel about Collingwood and Essendon being bigger and more passionate than you? Do you care? I think West Coast and Adelaide are also bigger than Richmond and every home game of theirs is loud with passionate fans. Not just when they are performing well. Do you care, should you care? Sydney has the most fans Australia wide, more than Richmond. Do you care?

Other sporting codes around the world get louder and more passionate crowds than Richmond. Do you care? Do you follow only well supported sides?

You see it means nothing and it's what Richmond hang their hat on. You ain't even top 4 of your own sport when it comes to support no matter what the media try to convince us of.

Richmond isn't special, you've just sucked for 4 decades and been our bunnies for the majority of that time.

Also stuff Richmond and locking out your fans, it really shouldn't matter or we should go back to the VFL where you can see your team every week and play at the G as a sole venue.
You can't see your side when you play finals at small interstate boutique stadiums. So why should you all get to see games against Geelong at our home game?
I know the state final rule (I like it) doesn't make it right though. The rule used to be 1 Victorian final, so what? Was wrong also but I liked it.
"I dont care about RFC" ...
in 300 words!

Like:

West coast - 2nd team, always liked them since they entered the comp when I was a kid and associated them with WA state of origin, who I weirdly liked. Perhaps because we beat them a lot and they weren't smug campaigners. Recent events have solidified my like for them, especially that game after losing Walshy and how their crowd was.

Hawks - respect where it's due. Their players are campaigners but I can't help but like them. Fans weren't smug campaigners when they poached Gunston. Clarkson is an entertaining prick.

Brisbane - must be an underdog thing. Fans also not smug campaigners.

Don't mind North either. Knowledgeable fans sans shoulder chip.

Dislike:

Geelong - Used to be my favorite Victorian team. Had a lot of SA guns during their period of dominance. But fans post-Diverfield have been smug campaigners. Entitled. Turned Danger into a diving flog.

Sydney - Fans were smug campaigners after poaching Tippet. Suck eggs ya campaigners he's gone to s**t. 800k lol. COLA. Entitled.

Essendon - Can't really forgive the drug thing. Also then getting a #1 pick. We got harsher penalties for some dodgy book keeping. #sobrave narrative makes me vomit.

Don't hate port as much as I'm supposed to. However, am fond of Hinkley being Pyke's bitch and overtaking port in the showdown ledger. Something I never thought would happen in my lifetime. Some of their fans are insufferable buffoons.

Do you find Ben Brown bland? 63 goals in a bottom side.
Proven finals performer.

Ben Cunnington is probably one of the most underrated mids

As for our young players

Jy Simpkin
Declan Mountford
Ryan Clarke

Are showing promise.

People may think we are bland because the media largely ignore us.
Also continually write us off.
When we won 4 finals between 2014-2015.
The media said we were no chance in any of those games.
Apparently the other sides had "class" and we lacked it.

I love North because we always stick it up the pundits and so called experts.
Yet despite playing finals for most of the past decade it took one off season for re-location to rear its head. Your club is in deep trouble if you don't pull out of this quickly

At least you're honest.

Still pretty sad that you people think finals should be about locking out 65,000 people.

From a Geelong prospective it would have locked 65k Richmond fans out, maybe then our players could hear themselves think over all the booing :D

You seem to think that supporters are somehow responsible for the on-field success (or otherwise) of the club they follow.

I know where Richmond is at in terms of support. Well behind the Collingwoods and the Essendons of the world. And I'm old enough to know how big Carlton is when they're firing on-field. Our great crime appears to be that we turned up in too many numbers and booed your mob. I love the moral outrage of Geelong supporters, who then turned around and booed the hell out of Buddy Franklin all night the very next week. How does that work?

And to stick to the argument that the game should have been played at your suburban football ground, instead of the MCG is just child-like in its naivety.

No complaints with MCG in 2007 v.'s North (an MCG tenant) in the QF
No complaints with MCG in 2007 v.'s Collingwood (an MCG tenant) in the PF
No complaints with MCG in 2008 v.'s Saints in QF
No complaints with MCG in 2008 v.'s Dogs in PF
No complaints with MCG in 2009 v.'s Dogs in QF
No complaints with MCG in 2009 v.'s Collingwood in PF
No complaints with MCG in 2010 v.'s Saints in QF
No complaints with MCG in 2010 v.'s Freo in SF
No complaints with MCG in 2011 v.'s Hawthorn (an MCG tenant) in QF
No complaints with MCG in 2011 v.'s WC in PF
No complaints with MCG in 2012 v.'s Freo in EF
No complaints with MCG in 2013 v.'s Port in SF
No complaints with MCG in 2014 v.'s North in SF
No complaints with MCG in 2016 v.'s Hawthorn in QF
No complaints with MCG in 2016 v.'s Sydney in PF

But when you come up against Richmond (an MCG tenant), big whingefest because Richmond supporters were too loud? Give it a spell

Disturbing post catfood.

And to stick to the argument that the game should have been played at your suburban football ground, instead of the MCG is just child-like in its naivety.

No complaints with MCG in 2007 v.'s North (an MCG tenant) in the QF
No complaints with MCG in 2007 v.'s Collingwood (an MCG tenant) in the PF
No complaints with MCG in 2008 v.'s Saints in QF
No complaints with MCG in 2008 v.'s Dogs in PF
No complaints with MCG in 2009 v.'s Dogs in QF
No complaints with MCG in 2009 v.'s Collingwood in PF
No complaints with MCG in 2010 v.'s Saints in QF
No complaints with MCG in 2010 v.'s Freo in SF
No complaints with MCG in 2011 v.'s Hawthorn (an MCG tenant) in QF
No complaints with MCG in 2011 v.'s WC in PF
No complaints with MCG in 2012 v.'s Freo in EF
No complaints with MCG in 2013 v.'s Port in SF
No complaints with MCG in 2014 v.'s North in SF
No complaints with MCG in 2016 v.'s Hawthorn in QF
No complaints with MCG in 2016 v.'s Sydney in PF

But when you come up against Richmond (an MCG tenant), big whingefest because Richmond supporters were too loud? Give it a spell

Just a few points on this because you have done your homework. The PF's are irrelevant because the AFL has a contract to hold all Victorian preliminary finals at the MCG, so even a Geelong vs GWS prelim would be at the G.

Most the teams you mention being Sydney, Freo, Dogs, Saints, North, WC, Port don't use the MCG as a home ground. So whilst Geelong don't have an advantage of playing at home they aren't disadvantaged by the game being hosted at a neutral venue. This is completely different to when we played Richmond where we were actually disadvantaged by playing our home game at your home ground. To put this in perspective Geelong would have been less disadvantaged if the game was held at the Gabba than at the G because at least Richmond don't gain an advantage.

Rightly or wrongly the AFL gave us a taste in 2013 by giving us a home final so naturally fans are a bit more vocal about hosting finals down there. As Richmond played a H&A game down at Skilled weeks earlier it made them more of a candidate than Hawthorn last year. I don't think any Geelong fans thought it was a chance to be hosted at KP but if we don't complain then it will never change.

You guys were 10 wins 1 loss at the G this year (now 11-1) during H&A, you are 6 wins 5 losses away from the G, of course we didn't want to play you at the G. If I were a Richmond fan I would want the game held at the G, if you were a Geelong fan you would want the game held at KP where your team as an increased chance of winning.

Yet despite playing finals for most of the past decade it took one off season for re-location to rear its head. Your club is in deep trouble if you don't pull out of this quickly

From who?
Who seriously spoke about relocation?

Don't tell me you are talking about Craig Hutchinson...
The man is a serial North troll who craves attention.

We have basically no debt to speak of.
Alot more members than we ever used to.
Relocation/folding isn't even a thing for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back