Photo with the cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Why should anyone be able t touch it?
Somethings should be reserved for the playing group and coaches and officials, who did the actual hard yards.
F*** me, next half you will want an AFL grand final participation certificate to - as we feel need to do these days - make everyone feel equal.
Some bozo would likely drop it if left to handle it!
Next!
f*** me...i did the hard yards over 23 years of support and memberships...and i'm sure their are more of us out there too..
Want to hold the cup and wear a shite eating grin!

f*** me...i did the hard yards over 23 years of support and memberships...and i'm sure their are more of us out there too..
Want to hold the cup and wear a shite eating grin!

Out of all the merch etc on sale getting a photo with the cup was what I was looking forward to most . Anyways guess that’s not happening now just haveto super impose my body next to the cup in the photo I took lol

Merchandise was priced over the moon, but no holding the cup was a little bit disappointing considering people have posted on here photos of them holding it.
People need to remember the fans money kept this club afloat during the 37 year drought.The supporters faith resilience and money invested to stick by them during the hard years should be rewarded. I'm not complaining bc i took great photos with Bro, Old Tiger Mick(6th flag) and Tiger_4_Life .
WE WILL ALL CHERISH THESE FOREVER AS IT WAS LIKE A MIRACLE TO US ALL.

Logistics and security would be massive factors here

People here bitch about 2-3 hour queues during family day for player signatures. If you want to hold the cup, that will be roughly one minute per person as they go up, grab, pose, get photo, place back, move on.

That rate doesnt even get you through 500 people in a single day.

It could be worse too. Off memory the dogs were charging $20 last year just to get a photo (i dont think you could grab, but happy to be corrected)

People here bitch about 2-3 hour queues during family day for player signatures. If you want to hold the cup, that will be roughly one minute per person as they go up, grab, pose, get photo, place back, move on.

It could be worse too. Off memory the dogs were charging $20 last year just to get a photo (i dont think you could grab, but happy to be corrected)
I think more about queuing up time as people were already getting irritable. I wasn't concerned about it,but there appears to be double standards.

Unfortunately you’ve missed the point as actual non club people have already been seen photographed holding it. Double standards there already.

Yep disappointing to see random cricket clubs holding the cup as a fundraiser and sponsors having the cup at events but apparently the members cant hold it. Sponsors come and go without the members there wouldn't be a club

I disagree, yesterday they could've still let you stand next to it on the podium, they could've easily told everyone you can't pick it up (secure it to the table temporarily) but you can put a hand on the handle. To have it roped off was a mistake. They wouldve been lucky to have 500 people there yesterday anyway across 6 hours.

People here will say we're having a whige blah blah blah but this is the same club that calls me and my family to buy a $500 raffle ticket and then questions one of my family members why they don't want to or why they can't afford it. True story.

I think more about queuing up time as people were already getting irritable. I wasn't concerned about it,but there appears to be double standards.

again, its logistics - you have to find a way to limit numbers.

60 an hour, at best 120 means the following:

1) open invite
thousands arrive, most wait all day to be rejected at days end, or rejected after arriving (told queue is at its peak)

thousands of angry punters at being jerked around

2) pay per view
whack it in a tent and charge $20-50 for a pic. still wont get the queue below 500 a day. Bottle shops are charging $90 for a slab of carlton draft with a tigs logo on it. even at $50 a head people will over subscribe, which means rejections, over runs, and 5-6 hour waits in the queue. and this also allows the accusation of elitism because only punters who pay get access to the cup

3) stripper rules
look, no touch. thats what we have, and its not perfect. makes it piss easy to manage numbers, because multiple people can get their pics taken at the same time. problem is those who want access will be disappointed

To make any free option work, you need to budget for 2,000 punters a day. find a way to make that work with only one cup available that makes everyone happy, and you're doing better than me

I disagree, yesterday they could've still let you stand next to it on the podium, they could've easily told everyone you can't pick it up (secure it to the table temporarily) but you can put a hand on the handle. To have it roped off was a mistake. They wouldve been lucky to have 500 people there yesterday anyway across 6 hours.

People here will say we're having a whige blah blah blah but this is the same club that calls me and my family to buy a $500 raffle ticket and then questions one of my family members why they don't want to or why they can't afford it. True story.

1) if people touch it people will lift it, even if its only 30% it slows things down. also people will wait to take a picture with them just touching it, slows it down again

2) 60 an hour - thats 480 people over an 8 hour day. you only need 500 over 6 hours to make it impossible to manage with people in a queue for less than 30 minutes.

3) the raffle aint run by us, it was run by an afl owned company that ran the same raffle for most clubs. all punters across all boards complained about their aggressive call tactics, and clubs weren't exactly sad to see it end (and most clubs - including ours - lost money they were owed when they went under)

1) if people touch it people will lift it, even if its only 30% it slows things down. also people will wait to take a picture with them just touching it, slows it down again

2) 60 an hour - thats 480 people over an 8 hour day. you only need 500 over 6 hours to make it impossible to manage with people in a queue for less than 30 minutes.

3) the raffle aint run by us, it was run by an afl owned company that ran the same raffle for most clubs. all punters across all boards complained about their aggressive call tactics, and clubs weren't exactly sad to see it end (and most clubs - including ours - lost money they were owed when they went under)

Still disagree with your summary of the whole situation, it was very doable yesterday. Not sure if you were there?

there was literally 4 people there when I got there , all they had to do is have one of the staff members unlock the rope as each person come up to trophy , could have been easily managed

Still disagree with your summary of the whole situation, it was very doable yesterday. Not sure if you were there?

wasnt, was working, but it was based upon the parameter advertised - stripper rules

make it "come grab the cup and take your photo with it" and the attendance numbers change

there was literally 4 people there when I got there , all they had to do is have one of the staff members unlock the rope as each person come up to trophy , could have been easily managed
change the rules mid stream, and those who didnt come because they hate stripper rules would be pissed

FFS it was ugly with the dogs at their photo day last year, and that was with them charging $20 for a pic AND having half the members we do. why do you think we would have less people wanting access to the cup than they did?

wheres the photo you campaigner? you promised pictures

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have close friends who were allowed to hold the cup at a staff members house, I think prior to it going to the the Tommy Hafey Club function. Even their kids held it.
no problem about tom hafey club, but some random c grade cricket club? fmd

wasnt, was working, but it was based upon the parameter advertised - stripper rules

make it "come grab the cup and take your photo with it" and the attendance numbers change

change the rules mid stream, and those who didnt come because they hate stripper rules would be pissed

FFS it was ugly with the dogs at their photo day last year, and that was with them charging $20 for a pic AND having half the members we do. why do you think we would have less people wanting access to the cup than they did?

I suspect before the end of the cup tour, that the club will have changed its approach and have people at the very least stand next to the thing based on the feedback from yesterday.

I suspect before the end of the cup tour, that the club will have changed its approach and have people at the very least stand next to the thing based on the feedback from yesterday.

time will change that, not people having a cry

time will see the eagerness and demand drop, as it always does

FWIW i was wrong on the dogs, they charged $150 to have a chance to grab the cup

everyone else got to take a photo for free, no touch though

Somethings should be reserved for the playing group and coaches and officials, who did the actual hard yards.
Hard Yards?
Coach/Players are there for a short time.
We have waited and suffered for 37yrs.
Thats hard yards.

time will change that, not people having a cry

time will see the eagerness and demand drop, as it always does

FWIW i was wrong on the dogs, they charged $150 to have a chance to grab the cup

everyone else got to take a photo for free, no touch though

Shame on the dogs, that's irrelevant to us tho, dogs need the cash. People complaining will make it change. t's not having a cry either, it's calling bullshit on it. It's fine if you have a different opinion but I'm sticking by mine and the general consensus of people who were there yesterday. It stunk.

Last edited:

1) open invite
thousands arrive, most wait all day to be rejected at days end, or rejected after arriving (told queue is at its peak)

2) pay per view
whack it in a tent and charge $20-50 for a pic. still wont get the queue below 500 a day. Bottle shops are charging $90 for a slab of carlton draft with a tigs logo on it. even at $50 a head people will over subscribe, which means rejections, over runs, and 5-6 hour waits in the queue. and this also allows the accusation of elitism because only punters who pay get access to the cup

3) stripper rules
look, no touch. thats what we have, and its not perfect. makes it piss easy to manage numbers, because multiple people can get their pics taken at the same time. problem is those who want access will be disappointed

To make any free option work, you need to budget for 2,000 punters a day. find a way to make that work with only one cup available that makes everyone happy, and you're doing better than me

DON'T bring logic here mate, we all know everything to do with Richmond is a conspiracy or at minimum a reason to screw us fans.
The club has said enough's enough and wants in on the screwing!
As you correctly point out, some decisions are made quite simply and sensibly .... but let the conspiracy theorists have their fun.

1) open invite

2) pay per view

3) stripper rules

Simple solution sell tickets online and allocate times to people what are they doing over summer are we in a rush to lock the cup away in the trophy cabinet?

No reason everyone who wants a go can't get a go doing it that way

Yep disappointing to see random cricket clubs holding the cup as a fundraiser and sponsors having the cup at events but apparently the members cant hold it. Sponsors come and go without the members there wouldn't be a club
I don't recall too many sponsors rattling tins

1) open invite

2) pay per view

3) stripper rules

This still doesn't explain the testimonies of people on here saying some outsiders have been handling it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back