Kurt Tippett retires due to injury and fitness concerns.

Remove this Banner Ad

In 2013 he was 3rd in the league for goals per game. In 2014 he was 9th for goals per game, alongside Franklin.

His per-game output in those 2 seasons was unquestionably elite.
I reckon there are plenty who would question 2014 as being "elite".
zPBui8V.png

The criticism for that period was he missed half the year, that’s it.
The justifiable knock on him is that he got paid $1 million for the above numbers.

feel real bad for the swans that they are now stuck with one less player for 2018 which also is holding onto a huge amount of the cap. will be better for them in the long run.

good news though one less mercenary in the game. im absolutely impressed in how the gold coast grew so quickly that it became part of the sydney metro area.

congrats to a somewhat average career.

(urge to call him turdpit rising)

His 2012 season was excellent and that can't be forgotten, he fell off an extremely steep cliff from there.

One thing I will say is that last year I briefly met him after the Sydney Reserves game in Canberra, he was very approachable and was taking time to talk to everyone, take photos with everyone, especially the kids, so the "s**t bloke" comments are not entirely accurate, everything is relative and if put in his shoes a lot of people would have made similar decisions money-wise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His 2012 season was excellent and that can't be forgotten, he fell off an extremely steep cliff from there.

One thing I will say is that last year I briefly met him after the Sydney Reserves game in Canberra, he was very approachable and was taking time to talk to everyone, take photos with everyone, especially the kids, so the "s**t bloke" comments are not entirely accurate, everything is relative and if put in his shoes a lot of people would have made similar decisions money-wise.

People are kidding themselves if they think they wouldn't. I mean, if a rival company to the one you are currently working for offered you almost twice the money to work for them, most people would take that in a heartbeat.

I reckon there are plenty who would question 2014 as being "elite".
zPBui8V.png

The justifiable knock on him is that he got paid $1 million for the above numbers.

A key forward who’s top 10 for goals per game, alongside another Coleman winning key forward, is performing very well. And good key forwards get good money.

Would he have been on that contract if Franklin was already at the club? No, of course not. But his first two seasons were very good, when he was on the park.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back