Song Contest Part XI, Host: Loonerty, Theme: 2010s Hip-Hop, Votes Due: Sunday: 9:00pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
#HostUpdate

There are still 29 couples on the Dance floor. 1 couple have been disqualified under the Fine Cotton rule

2 couples have impressed the Judges and are already into double figures.

15 other couples have caught the judges eyes.

#YourBestHostEver and 16 other couples are enjoying some fresh donuts at the refreshment stand.

giphy.gif

With the selection on offer, I fully expect to be eating dougnuts come the reading of the results

I'd rather be at the refreshment stand eating donuts than being in a dance competition.

Surprised no Cash.

He's been nommed enough already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe I missed this round..... kicking myself.

Going back a few pages, 'whores' got pilloried a bit because the contest at that point was mature with people who had been playing for ages so a lot of those choices had come up and already been voted for, new players now so they haven't had the chance and are happy to vote/nom them again.

image.jpeg
Boted. Too old school Gold FM for my liking. Votes to musicians and those who put an effort into thinking outside of the commercial radio box. The most familiar songs will fill the podium as is usually the case. Meh.

I had a discussion with someone who wanted to nom a song where the artist wrote the song in 1963 but chose not to sing/release it till 1966. It was covered by another person in the 'release ' time period and I would have accepted that version.

Either a cover or original : if it is released by the artist nommed in the time period then it is in.
Brutal but fair

#HostUpdate

Just under 24 hours of this Danceathon to go and the couples are dropping out rapidly.

2 couples continue to catch the eyes of the Judges and sit on 17 votes and another is on 14. 24 other couples have spun some fine moves

ConcreteUnluckyAnnashummingbird-size_restricted.gif

4 couples have been stuffing themselves with donuts I cant see them getting on the dancefloor. The House Band Billy and the Madisons are playing some terrible tunes and the Lead Singer has caught they eye of quite a few
CapitalThreadbareHusky-size_restricted.gif

And your host is sitting in a corner waiting patiently

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back