What was daily life like in the 80s/90s/00s?

Remove this Banner Ad

No one wears helmets these days.

I've seem so many guys with baseball caps and helmet hanging on the handlebars.

They're life I guess.

Is it an actual law to wear one??

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes it is. My son got chased home by the police once, when he was about 14, for not wearing a helmet. Stern warning. They were having a crackdown, but that seems long gone now. You see many without helmets, on bikes and scooters.

Those big USA ones would be insane for sure.

Wet n Wild was fun but I like a good coaster

As horrible as it was I feel really bad for Dream-world

Wonder how it's going now? Loved that rapid ride, would go on it time after time actually trying to get the seat where you get drenched on a hot day

Oh yeah I wanna go to OS ones too but seems unlikely.

GC is still a good day out.

Used to plan trips around (go to parks on a Tuesday/Wednesday, no school holidays/ get there as it opens/stay til close/make the most of entry ticket)

Yeah i went to Dreamworld years before that occured, so idk.

Been to Movieworld several times and Wet n Wild twice.

Only one i havent been to is Sea World.

AFAIK Wet n Wild is the only theme park that stays open late.

Was brilliant being there all day + night, till 9pm iirc.

i some 5 days ago was at dreamworld. so many rides were closed and i felt like i walked around and through the park dozens of times in a few hours. To quote Thor:

The place didnt grab and shake me unfortunately for me, but i can see it provides excellent value for everyone. Also many food establishments were closed. wtf.

Anyway, all the parks on GC closed at 5pm. Probably so locals who worked there can get home before it gets fully dark. And its off peak season which is undertstandable

According to the internet (thanks aussie broadband), Movieworld closes at 6 over the summer. And wait for it....wet and wild closes at 730 over the summer!!!!!

white water world at dreamword was ok.

Anyone ever go to GRUNDYS at Surfers Paradise?

Was probably my sisters and I favourite place when we were little.

Was up on top of/inside a shopping precinct thing

We liked it more than the theme parks View attachment 1849663

If I've got the right place, it had a legendary video game arcade - heard about it from school friends who went there (early 80's) and finally visited a few years later on a family holiday to the GC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes it is. My son got chased home by the police once, when he was about 14, for not wearing a helmet. Stern warning. They were having a crackdown, but that seems long gone now. You see many without helmets, on bikes and scooters.

Sometimes you see two on a elc scooter ...no helmet no shoes ...shorts and tee shirt ...

Event tickets.

These days it's all about waiting online, overloaded websites, etc.

'Camping' in line overnight with other die-hard fans at your local Ticketmaster or Bass outlet is a pleasure the young-uns of today will never experience.
Well that's not true. There were a tonne of them lining up for Taylor Swift tickets just a few days ago.

Some ppl were even paying ppl thru idk some site to sit in the queue for them. Paid from $50-$250 for it :tearsofjoy:
there's a video of a woman who paid the guy who was first in line for a new iphone 1k for his spot and she was going to buy a tonne of iphones. she gets in and was only allowed one, and this guy went to the back of the line and still got his iphone :)

there's a video of a woman who paid the guy who was first in line for a new iphone 1k for his spot and she was going to buy a tonne of iphones. she gets in and was only allowed one, and this guy went to the back of the line and still got his iphone :)
There should be a picture of those ppl in the dictionary under "imbecile"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back