Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
night show host obama didn’t have to

It's true that Obama promised much but delivered on little....And the little he did do of any consequence, by way of banking regulations & the Iran nuke treaty, have since been eviscerated by Trump....And all for his banking buddies & his Israeli PACS.

The regression of the U.S into oblivion continues on at a pace.

Christian baker exercising their belief?
Different outcomes. She respected the decision of a private business and left politely, instead of dragging the issue, kicking and screaming, right up to the Supreme Court.

You're ok with children being irrefutably damaged physiologically, your judgment is clearly worthless.
Been away for a bit and trying to navigate my way through this. What responsibility does the parent have for taking the action to illegally enter a country and creating this harm for their children?
I am assuming they are coming from Mexico. Is Mexico in that bad a state that this many people are needing to seek asylum from it, or are these people being opportunistic looking for greener pastures. These are genuine questions and happy to read linked articles on Mexico.

Been away for a bit and trying to navigate my way through this. What responsibility does the parent have for taking the action to illegally enter a country and creating this harm for their children?
They aren't entering illegally. They are seeking asylum.

They are also doing it minimise harm for their children. That's sort of the point of the asylum thingy.

I am assuming they are coming from Mexico.
You would be assuming wrong.

I suppose that's foundational to your politics so we shouldn't be surprised on that point.

Is Mexico in that bad a state that this many people are needing to seek asylum from it, or are these people being opportunistic looking for greener pastures.
They aren't seeking asylum from Mexico.

These are genuine questions and happy to read linked articles on Mexico.
Google would be your friend.

They aren't entering illegally. They are seeking asylum.

They are also doing it minimise harm for their children. That's sort of the point of the asylum thingy.

You would be assuming wrong.

I suppose that's foundational to your politics so we shouldn't be surprised on that point.

They aren't seeking asylum from Mexico.

Google would be your friend.
Not sure why you are assuming my foundation, I’m asking a few questions as I’m behind on this. Unfortunately googling these days has a lot of partisan tripe and I respect Mofra on here so was asking for links.
Asylum, illegal entry how do you know which one it is until a review of individual circumstances is undertaken.
Anyways it’s a nice day here today in Sydney and I’m off shopping, enjoy your day ;)

Different outcomes. She respected the decision of a private business and left politely, instead of dragging the issue, kicking and screaming, right up to the Supreme Court.
Kicking and screaming?? Link please, thanks.

I am assuming they are coming from Mexico. Is Mexico in that bad a state that this many people are needing to seek asylum from it, or are these people being opportunistic looking for greener pastures. These are genuine questions and happy to read linked articles on Mexico.
Think you may get a better understanding of what is happening from news/media rather than BF as there is a fair bit of 'partisan views' on here too.

Remember at the White House correspondent dinner when the comedian called sanders a liar and everyone got upset. Those were innocent times
The latest is the meltdown over Seth Rogan refusing to have his picture taken with Paul Ryan.

Pity the interesting observations made in that interview would be lost on Trumpians whipping up their latest faux outrage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because there are no US consulates/embassies in Mexico that they could seek asylum at, rather than the border?
I think you know the answer to that (or I hope you do).

That's the sort of talking point that resonates with people whose knowledge of the world comes from watching TV dramas.

It's true that Obama promised much but delivered on little....And the little he did do of any consequence, by way of banking regulations & the Iran nuke treaty, have since been eviscerated by Trump....And all for his banking buddies & his Israeli PACS.

The regression of

Obama in the midst of GFC also opted on the side of the bankers - saving the bankers at the cost of the most vulnerable.

After 8 years in office he did two things I respect

Admitted the USA had tortured
And in the dieing embers of his administration tried to stick it up Israel and bibby

Yet they are still free to make up anything to brand Trump a fascist,nazi, has alzheimers,is the most evil man to ever live etc

But they're right ;)

Obama in the midst of GFC also opted on the side of the bankers - saving the bankers at the cost of the most vulnerable.

After 8 years in office he did two things I respect

Admitted the USA had tortured
And in the dieing embers of his administration tried to stick it up Israel and bibby
Considering you think trump is maga I'm not surprised at all that you don't think obama was great. But excuse us if we don't give two shits on your thoughts about obama.

I was aware of the case. Didn't see 'kicking and screaming' anywhere in that link.

Why use such emotive language when not true?

Doesn't make your case any stronger, just using words that I presume was one of many reasons why she was refused service. Lies and exaggeration. Not dissimilar to NFL players being banned for 'taking a knee'.
The bigotted couple kept a close eye on the case as it made its way up to the SC, where it failed. Did you want evidence of literal "kicking and screaming"?
I think you know the answer to that (or I hope you do).

That's the sort of talking point that resonates with people whose knowledge of the world comes from watching TV dramas.
The answer is yes, there are plenty of places one can seek asylum in the US that aren't at the border.

The reason they go to the border is that they hope there are enough bleeding hearts like yourself in politics that they will get whisked in. Feelings over facts eh, even if it leads to endless rapes and murders of border crossers.

even if it leads to endless rapes and murders of border crossers.
I'm curious to know if you have any stats on this, or is it another case of feelings over facts.

If the solution to reducing illegal immigrant crime is to reduce illegal immigrants, remind me again why Gun Control is such an absurd idea ?

I'm curious to know if you have any stats on this, or is it another case of feelings over facts.

If the solution to reducing illegal immigrant crime is to reduce illegal immigrants, remind me again why Gun Control is such an absurd idea ?
It has been posted more than once here already, but here you go:
https://m.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/central-america-migrants-rape_n_5806972

I agree with implementing gun control in the US, but the people there will never agree to it. Including both sides of politics, no one genuinely wants to touch the 2A. It has been debated to death in this thread and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back