Mitch McGovern 2: As The Worm Turns (read the OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

My money is on Hawks. Shiel is too competitive you can see it in the way he plays to tolerate playing for a cellar dweller like Ablett did.
Omeara + Mitchell + Shiel + Smith = almost worth considering taking up being a Hawks supporter at this rate of all the good players are going to choose Hawks every year.
Red card.

Gov's trade will likely be done in the last hour, and it wont happen until many other trades occur. Reid was smart to push that the way he did because demanding pick 1 for him would most likely make him look silly in the end!

My money is on Hawks. Shiel is too competitive you can see it in the way he plays to tolerate playing for a cellar dweller like Ablett did.
Omeara + Mitchell + Shiel + Smith = almost worth considering taking up being a Hawks supporter at this rate of all the good players are going to choose Hawks every year.
Doubt hawks have enough to get the deal done, doubt blues do either though

carlton supporter 1 said:
It literally started with Kornes reading out a quote from SOS in response to the Gibbs trade being sprung in 2017, saying something to the effect of "he's a required player and a contracted player, so overs will need to be paid", followed by the question "Has this quote come back to haunt Carlton!?".

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

carlton supporter 2 said:
McGovern is not a required player for adelaide though.

Fek me all I want to know is what the fek did we do so wrong as a club and city to make him want to leave. Something serious must have transpired as I don’t buy this Gibbs gets more money than me rubbish.
Sorry, just angry that he’s leaving as he’s a bloody gun. Simple as that.

Do you need to ask, look who we have to support our players in the fitness/conditioning/assistant coaches.

It's very easy to see why some players would say "enoughs enough" and want out.

I've mentioned it before just become some players aren't worried about the off field personel "helping" them there would be others appalled by them. Different strokes for different folks.

How any player could take Burton seriusly as GM of footy - c'mon the man is so far out of his depth it is laughable.

Do you need to ask, look who we have to support our players in the fitness/conditioning/assistant coaches.

I've mentioned it before just become some players aren't worried about the off field personel "helping" them there would be others appalled by them. Different strokes for different folks.

How any player could take Burton seriusly as GM of footy - c'mon the man is so far out of his depth it is laughable.
It has very little to do with that and more to do with greed.

i been listening this morning assuming he hasnt been on yet since they haven't spoken 1 word about anything from his interview.
Did he say things that didnt fit their narrative?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im going to have a crack at a way to get in the top 4.
It assumes that Hannerbery gets to saints and Sydney want points.
Also assumes Rd 1 compo for lynch, Gaff, and to be safe end of 1st round for Lycett as the only relevant compo picks changing draft order.

Steak knives could be used here and there to balance anywhere seen as necessary, but it works in the ballpark IMO.

Pick 13 (1212) + Hannerbery to saints for Pick 4 (2034) (Values Hannerbery about pick 23)

Syd trade 4 (2034) for 27 (703), 28 (677) from Carlton and 22 (845) from us (total 2225)
Carlton get Gov
We get 4

Total:
Syd: Hannerbery + 13 for 22, 27, 28 (or Hannerbery for 1013 point upgrade which is equal to pick 17/18)
Adel: Gov + 22 for 4
Carl: 27, 28 for Gov
Saints: 4 for Hannerbery + 13 (points equivalent to pick 22/23 for Hanners)

How does that look?
There are alternatives that could be worked using our pick 16 instead of 23 or by us throwing in pick 40 if bias has it in our favour? I reckon all clubs are happy with that though.

A new rumour doing the rounds...
Carlton are now looking at trading their first next year and Levi Casboult to gold coast for pick 3 (Tom Lynch compo).
Apparently Reid has told Carlton he wants a top 10 pick for Gov.
If that kind of trade gets done, it’d make us a shoe in of Rankine/Rozee/Smith

Are they not confident of getting Shiel?

Im going to have a crack at a way to get in the top 4.
It assumes that Hannerbery gets to saints and Sydney want points.
Also assumes Rd 1 compo for lynch, Gaff, and to be safe end of 1st round for Lycett as the only relevant compo picks changing draft order.

Steak knives could be used here and there to balance anywhere seen as necessary, but it works in the ballpark IMO.

Pick 13 (1212) + Hannerbery to saints for Pick 4 (2034) (Values Hannerbery about pick 23)

Syd trade 4 (2034) for 27 (703), 28 (677) from Carlton and 22 (845) from us (total 2225)
Carlton get Gov
We get 4

Total:
Syd: Hannerbery + 13 for 22, 27, 28 (or Hannerbery for 1013 point upgrade which is equal to pick 17/18)
Adel: Gov + 22 for 4
Carl: 27, 28 for Gov
Saints: 4 for Hannerbery + 13 (points equivalent to pick 22/23 for Hanners)

How does that look?
There are alternatives that could be worked using our pick 16 instead of 23 or by us throwing in pick 40 if bias has it in our favour? I reckon all clubs are happy with that though.

I don't see what's in that for Sydney? If they get pick 4 from the Hanneberry trade, why wouldn't they just stop there? Why would they trade that for 3 picks in the 20s? If Reid got pick 4 for McGovern then traded it for 3 picks in the 20s, we'd all go down to West Lakes, break down the door and wheel in the guillotine.

I don't see what's in that for Sydney? If they get pick 4 from the Hanneberry trade, why wouldn't they just stop there? Why would they trade that for 3 picks in the 20s? If Reid got pick 4 for McGovern then traded it for 3 picks in the 20s, we'd all go down to West Lakes, break down the door and wheel in the guillotine.
they need points for Blakey so the trade is an upgrade in points of 1013 from their start position, or about 200 after holding pick 4. Thats also where steak knives such as pick 40, carlton trading mature players for draft picks to add to the deal could add more points incentive to the deal if needed

So why didn't he take the big dollars on offer last year to go to WA?

If it is all about money this year why wasn't it last year?

Gibbs is in about 150 grand more
Polek over 200 more at norf
And his brother more again.

Not yet worth his brother but no way worth less than polek

The sooner he gets out the better for him.

Mattners work at sturt perfect for Burton's role

Give it one or two years

they need points for Blakey so the trade is an upgrade in points of 1013 from their start position, or about 200 after holding pick 4. Thats also where steak knives such as pick 40, carlton trading mature players for draft picks to add to the deal could add more points incentive to the deal if needed
Swans have two second rounders already which gives us points for Blakey. If we happened to get pick 4 out of St Kilda for Hannebery + 12, I'd be 99.99% sure we'd take that pick to the draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back