Mitch McGovern 2: As The Worm Turns (read the OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Your not getting pick 3-5. No ones paying that ever.

Then McGovern doesn't leave. Simples.

I hope the next team you try to cheapskate with after offering a massive contract to a contracted player is much more pliable/stupid.

MOD NOTE: trolls will be pinged, keep it clean, if you were blocked from the other thread and continue to be an arse you'll be pinged, play nicely

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to those who had a reasonable discussion about this. I’ll leave you all to it. It’s remarks like this that gives the Adelaide board a bad name. Enjoy your night and gd luck in getting what he’s worth. May the best man win.
Thats your opinion, but there are no facts to disagree with this, just look at the GWS players collingwood has poached vs yours, your win loss has gone south each year under bolton.

Thanks to those who had a reasonable discussion about this. I’ll leave you all to it. It’s remarks like this that gives the Adelaide board a bad name. Enjoy your night and gd luck in getting what he’s worth. May the best man win.
Youre only saying that because youre not getting the Carlton board circle jerk treatment agreeing with nonsensical trade proposals (Shiel, Setterfield, McGovern in and still keep pick 1 etc).

Wait, Adelaide Board has a bad name becuase Carlton fans come here and talk s**t?

Bizzare.

Carlton fans - prefer Oliver to Cripps . Both guns but Oliver’s possessions have a bit more impact in midfield

Cripps better forward granted

Oliver is a better player than Cripps from next year onward

Guys - we are not getting a top 5 pick for Gov

You can spew at the club when it happens if you want but I’m just warning you

20% chance to stay at best
top 5 pick no, but i dont see how mid to low teens should be out of the question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Except the car wasn’t for sale, but they offered the car a good home and washes everyday, showing they really do want the car. Now they know the price of the car they’ve s**t their pants, which has put them in an awkward position because the car wants to go home with them.
Then they should do what the rest of us do ......stand outside the showroom window & admire the car from afar

You shouldn't chase, what you can't afford

plus, while i rate lukosius extremely highly and will be a star, we're looking to get back into the top 4 (hopefully) next season. mcgovern would be better placed to help ahead of an 18 year old who needs years of development. we've already got to put time and effort into fogarty.

I don’t think Carlton will have a problem with SOS walking out the door on the deal. I know it’s unfair on McGovern if we’ve been chasing him. We did try in year 1 of the Gibbs situation but he said no. So he can take part of the blame. McClure tonight had stated McGovern will be playing for Carlton next year along with a Fasolo so I wonder what’s gonna happen. Interesting times ahead. SOS will get the pick Adelaide want. I just don’t want him to give up too much to do so.
Sam Manure really?

Understandable. Age demographic has a lot to do with our current state plus losing key players in a team lacking mature player lineup. Adding just docherty in 2019 is huge. I wonder what another pick 1 MM and a possible Shiel will do. Cripps IS the best player in the afl right now. He will win a Brownlow very shortly with more wins.
Cripps is a very good footballer but unless his kicking improves miraculously he'll never be the best footballer in the AFL, you cannot have that game flaw and be the best.

I’ve heard that rumour from a few places now. It has merit but it might take a third club to get involved to pay for a mature player they truly rate (Corbett, McAdam, Nelson, Schloithe, Grigg, etc.).

In all seriousness you should consider moving one of your KPD's on as it's the one position you are heavily stocked in (Weitering, Marchbank, Macreadie, Jones, Rowe plus Plowman and Silvagni as third talls).

You'd get decent draft currency moving on either Weitering or Marchbank as well as giving Macreadie more opportunity.

In all seriousness you should consider moving one of your KPD's on as it's the one position you are heavily stocked in (Weitering, Marchbank, Macreadie, Jones, Rowe plus Plowman and Silvagni as third talls).

You'd get decent draft currency moving on either Weitering or Marchbank as well as giving Macreadie more opportunity.
I totally agree. Jones and Casboult (yeah I know, who’d want him? But GC and rich surprisingly came knocking as second ruck). March and weits are our key pillars in backline they’ll be staying a long time. Something has to give though as Macreadie can’t fit in if we play them all and once his body gets right he could be the best of them all. There’s value but probably more next year when the side comes on more.

We can allocate what we feel is a fair value. Of course so can you. But there will need to be middle ground. I doubt you’ll be getting what you all on here believe to fair coz no club is paying a top 10 pick for him. And I doubt he will be playing with you guys in 2019. Look at the Jake stringer deal for comparison. And he’s no name atringer either. So expect an early second or maybe 2 mid seconds at best.
Why?

Stringer was a fire-sale .....McGovern is not ....albeit that his Manager is trying to paint a public picture that the bridges have been burned :p

You have to realize that history is not an indication of the future ......the landscape is changing, clubs are fed up with prima-donna players ....don't believe me, fine, but I'm telling you that your beliefs will not be close to the deal ...if there is a deal

You may be correct when you say "in relation to the SA boys". You may also be correct that the media has taken that as targetting Luk. So in my brain I have been thinking the club is targeting Luk. I believe that that is the case anyway but you may be right when you say that the club has never mentioned one individual player.
Jade robran alluded to the crows being right into luko on radio a couple of days back.

In the last 10 years, Richmond has won 112 games vs the Blues 86, played 5 finals series vs 4, played 8 finals vs 5, won 4 finals vs 2, 1 premiership vs 0, and 0 wooden spoons vs 2.

Since 2001 you have managed to win 12 games twice, the Tigers have managed it 5 times.

Other than a brief period of competence in the early noughties you have been helpless for nearly 20 years.

Wait, are you trying to tell us that Carltons 10 year dominance of all things Tigerland was just another lie from Carlton supporters?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back