2018/19 Melbourne Victory Thread - The Four Time Honda Driven Champions!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muscat got his bench and the subs wrong again. Subs where made way to late and the only attacking option off the bench was Ingham and he was only subbed on in the last 10mins. To many midfielders and defenders we need more attack depth for situations like last night.

Last edited:
That is great from Bozza to follow up his commentary with Twitter. It was an appalling decision. Fallnrolli needs to be on notice with the refs he is a serial offender yet they give him the benefit of the doubt.
If they had any sort of brains he gets a nice fine. Do it again there's a 3 game ban.

If they had any sort of brains he gets a nice fine. Do it again there's a 3 game ban.

But according to the A-League above even a slight touch is deemed a freekick (or a Penalty in this case). Imagine if all matches are reffed like that? there would be a foul at every contest the game will never finish!

It’s a joke! What hope do we have when the league doesn’t even know it’s own rules.

But according to the A-League above even a slight touch is deemed a freekick (or a Penalty in this case). Imagine if all matches are reffed like that? there would be a foul at every contest the game will never finish!

It’s a joke! What hope do we have when the league doesn’t even know it’s own rules.
The first question they should ask when looking at it:
"Is the contact forceful enough to equal the reaction of the player receiving the contact?"

It's what happens when as a sport allow players to get away with diving.

Still pissed off with that result and moreso with the VAR. I can handle decisions going against you but when they review them and then overturn them with little to no reason it's bad. Pretty sure the rule was brought into get rid of the clear and obvious errors but just like cricket it's going to review everything but only when it suits.

The City player looked to enter the box before the penalty was taken so why wasn't that reviewed?

BUT, I am still damn confident in this season. Georg lad looked solid and I loved he was so pissed to be subbed, Frangers (Ansell) looked good and it'll be interesting to see where Deng fits in.

Troisi and Honda were sensational and once we get a recognised striker in the team are going to be real creative I imagine.

Hahahaha you guys whinging about refs/var after last seasons GF...

Everyone agreed that the lack of VAR cost the runners up in that the goal stoood. But as you know everyone here acknowledged the goal should not have stood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
VAR aside- the diamond midfield from Muscy was deplorable.

Doesn't give us enough options to attack with and defensively exposes us with holes everywhere.
He has signed to many central based players-----surelt this was evident looking at the bench when we had Broxham and Valeri among them?

We need another final third player to team Barbarouses and Toivonen with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back