2019 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 606328

Someone mentioned the other day that Sturt had a decent frame. Could be a beast in a few years time. Certainly nails the skinnies
LOl
Looks like nobody wnts to be near the newbie
Maybe he is too white & has learnt pointing from MJ, so he's a "white pointer"
Sorry drunk dad joke

It’s good to get some realism.
Geez. People wonder why so many people drop out from writing reports here. If you write something predominately positive its not real apparently.You can add me to the list of people who use to write reports.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez. People wonder why so many people drop out from writing reports here. If you write something predominately positive its not real apparently.You can add me to the list of people who use to write reports.
It is a slightly weird thing that positive reports are bit mistrusted. Especially pre-season which should be an optimistic time.

Sensitive much? I was literally sticking up for someone who wrote a report and got criticised. All reports welcome, including ones with some negativity. The guy who wrote the small paragraph with a negative got pulled up. And I suggested it’s fine to display some realism. It wasn’t a veiled swipe at all other positive reports. Stop reading into it.

Sensitive much? I was literally sticking up for someone who wrote a report and got criticised. All reports welcome, including ones with some negativity. The guy who wrote the small paragraph with a negative got pulled up. And I suggested it’s fine to display some realism. It wasn’t a veiled swipe at all other positive reports. Stop reading into it.
Too righ....wait, what, hang on...are you saying that stating up and down skills in January is a pretty common phenomenon is not realistic...not only that it's a negative? :think:

Training report are just one person’s opinion. Some days are good training days and some are not so it depends on what they see or focus on. Let’s not start critiquing any of the people posting reports. I for one like them all. They help paint an overall picture for the of us who can’t be there. Good, bad, whatever.

Please don’t stop posting those reports everyone!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Training report are just one person’s opinion. Some days are good training days and some are not so it depends on what they see or focus on. Let’s not start critiquing any of the people posting reports. I for one like them all. They help paint an overall picture for the of us who can’t be there. Good, bad, whatever.

I think we may need to order, how do you people say, the bex.

In this instance noone's training report was critiqued. If anything it was just added context to one bit. And for my part it wasn't even directed at the report, but at a comment where someone said their heart sank re the bit about skills needing improving.

Anyways, it's all just grist for the mill.

I wasn’t having a go about the negative comment at all, I appreciated the observation and insight. I just wanted to hear Jerms thoughts on whether it was the group as a whole or a select few. If it was the fringe players or new guys impeding flow or a symptom of us learning the new game plan.

I know it’s January and we won’t be at our best for a while but didn’t think it would hurt to ask a few questions

Tbh pre season training reports are pretty positive every day, when I attended. Never really noticed glaring holes in the plan, as it’s pretty impossible to have an intraclub match that’s A grade v A grade. That’s all indoors tbh. Analyzing and what works.
There’s no official games to gauge it on, what’s improving and what not. Even pre season games is bs. All I noticed is that every fit player is in contention for round 1 and that the fitness is amazing. The negative part you can only take is injuries at this point in time. That’s it.
Players are upbeat, loud and trying their hardest. So yeah it’s definitely hard to be nitpicking this early. Once round 1 comes around then the training watchers can contrast and compare.
Each club is probably the same. Upbeat about the new season. Once injuries and games occurs that’s the real change.

Jesus Christ.

Training reports are overwhelmingly recieved positively, just look at the amount of likes the posts get. If they get one or two negative comments / questions, who cares?

If you are that sensitive when posting a training report maybe the internet isn't for you.

Every poster on BF loves a training report, for those of us based in the East they are better than anything the clubs put out.

One or two negative comments (or even questions) don't outweigh the 70+ likes a training report gets.

Last year sucked when training reports stopped but if people don't want their information questioned maybe we need a locked thread the mods can edit with training reports.

I attend training from time to time and always write a report as I know how much I love seeing the reports of others.

I find it strange that the reports are often interpreted by others as positive, or even too positive. I think most reports are largely facts, such as who was doing all running, who was with the
rehab group, what drills were performed etc. I usually include a mention of 2 or 3 players who stood out to me, if anyone did, and sometimes anyone or anything that seemed not good in my eyes.

I will continue to write reports when I attend training, and hope others do too. I look forward to them.

If you are that sensitive when posting a training report maybe the internet isn't for you.

Last year sucked when training reports stopped but if people don't want their information questioned maybe we need a locked thread the mods can edit with training reports.

Nah. The people who reply should think about what they say. Because I would rather read posts from people at training than dickheads who criticise, or scapegoat.

I stoppped posting last year for a while because of personal abuse on this site. Another poster deleted his account. It wasn’t worth me wasting my time getting upset at the comments by people who I wouldn’t piss on if they were on fire.

The internet isn’t for me? No, it’s not for people who can’t stay civil and diminish the site for everybody. They can eff off, not me.

Last edited:
I can’t believe there has been two pages of discussion that stemmed from a throw away comment of mine which was “a bit of realism is good”. It was never meant to be a sly dig at any other training reports. I love the positive reports. Some people are scarred from old bickering. I don’t even remember the positive negative debate before. But obviously it’s been hashed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back