Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it rains it pours. Aurier arrested on the weekend for domestic violence. Hope the club deal with this properly unlike the drink driving Lloris incident.

Unfortunately that'll mean more Trippier

I do like that we seem to be reverting to the UK lower league transfer policy which worked with Dele Alli. We tried for Brooks & Maddison who have both also shown to be capable PL talents

FB: Max Aarons (Norwich - max 10m)
CB: Lloyd Kelly (Bristol City - 10-15m)
CM: Grealish (wont happen)
AM/ST: Bowens (Hull - 18m), Jack Clarke (Leeds - no chance unless involves a loan back)
ST: Josh Maja (Sunderland - 3m now or free in 6 months)

With our current situation I think we should have a real crack at Maja & Bowens. Bowens would allow Dele/Eriksen to cover the CM void we have until we sign a genuine top CM from abroad. Maja to come in and get games while Kane is out. If we could tie up 1-2 others with loans back to their current club that'd be good too.

Would much rather spend in the 5-20m range in the english lower leagues + promote our own youth + sign world-class (or likely to become like Eriksen was) from abroad

FB: Max Aarons (Norwich - max 10m)
CB: Lloyd Kelly (Bristol City - 10-15m)
CM: Grealish (wont happen)
AM/ST: Bowens (Hull - 18m), Jack Clarke (Leeds - no chance unless involves a loan back)
ST: Josh Maja (Sunderland - 3m now or free in 6 months)
Pass. Poundland signings are for Spam.
When it rains it pours. Aurier arrested on the weekend for domestic violence. Hope the club deal with this properly unlike the drink driving Lloris incident.

Unfortunately that'll mean more Trippier
Alleged. Refuted and released without charge.

I don’t know, just seems like you’ve got your head in the sand at the moment regarding our current situation. Just attacking other teams (like the wet spam comment regarding transfers) ain’t going to help. Maybe I’m overreacting, but I see storm clouds gathering. Just too many shitty things happening at once for my liking

I'll always insult that shite. They're a division too high as it is.
I'm just calm is all. We do have some reasonably winnable games coming up.

If we don't advance to the cup final it won't be because we don't have Kane. We'll have conceded 1-2 goals minimum and that'll be on the defence.
By rights we should not conceded more than one to them with their attack and our defence. So Kane being out doesn't concern me for that fixture, as we'll bow out for other reasons or succeed because we defended well. Just need not lose.

Slightly concerning for the Dortmund tie I guess but Son should be back and he has a damn good record against them.
We'll manage I think, would still like one of a CM and ST bought though.

I'll always insult that shite. They're a division too high as it is.
I'm just calm is all. We do have some reasonably winnable games coming up.

If we don't advance to the cup final it won't be because we don't have Kane. We'll have conceded 1-2 goals minimum and that'll be on the defence.
By rights we should not conceded more than one to them with their attack and our defence. So Kane being out doesn't concern me for that fixture, as we'll bow out for other reasons or succeed because we defended well. Just need not lose.

Slightly concerning for the Dortmund tie I guess but Son should be back and he has a damn good record against them.
We'll manage I think, would still like one of a CM and ST bought though.
Who do we play in midfield? Sissoko has been our best central midfielder and without him there’s a serious lack of bite in there now. The sensible thing would have been to cancel the Dembele move but we don’t do sensible.

If the season does go ****-up (I’m not saying it will but I’m a lot less confident then I was a few days ago) then the ramifications could be significant. Every day now there’s an article about Eriksen going and that would be the first major player to depart from this team - not sure if walker counts. No use pretending this is all plain sailing because we’ve all seen this before, and unfortunately we are not a Man Utd who can afford a crap season

Dier is back, and unlike others here I don't see him as being crap.

Wanyama not too far from memory either. We should buy someone but as long as we move to 3-4-3 in the interim we can cover the lack of CM's with an extra defender, get more out of Trippier who is a wingback let's be honest, and can still field an ok front 3 that should be good enough against a few of the sides we face in the next month.

Buying young English talents is what works best for us. Arrogant/ignorant to think we are too good for that. Many good signings come from young players in the lower divisions.

Michael Dawson
Huddlestone
Aaron Lennon
Dele Alli

Off the top of my head thats a few that have worked for us. There’s been many around the league this past season. That brooks lad from Bournemouth is quality and will go for 30m or more when they go to sell

3 of those was when we were s**t and the 4th was when we were still weeding out AVB’s duds. It’s not arrogance it’s simple logic, we need guys who can alleviate our injury woes now, not lower league gambles that Poch will need 6 months to bed in.

We either buy quality this window or we save our cash. Foolish to want lower league gambles.

We can't buy quality because we don't spend the money to get it in. Quality nowadays is minimum 40-50m

We can't buy cheap young English players because we are above that.

Looks like we'll have the same group until they all run down their contracts like Eriksen, Dembele and Toby. And then when they go promote them with just academy players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can't buy quality because we don't spend the money to get it in. Quality nowadays is minimum 40-50m

We can't buy cheap young English players because we are above that.

Looks like we'll have the same group until they all run down their contracts like Eriksen, Dembele and Toby. And then when they go promote them with just academy players
Sanchez was £40m. We’ll break the £50m barrier this summer imo. Got a feeling Levy felt the market was overpriced last season and that’s why he didn’t enter it. He’s probably waiting to see if it came back down to something nearer the 2016/17 values and felt it was worth the risk not signing anyone. It obviously won’t though so he has to open the chequebook this time

Sanchez was £40m. We’ll break the £50m barrier this summer imo. Got a feeling Levy felt the market was overpriced last season and that’s why he didn’t enter it. He’s probably waiting to see if it came back down to something nearer the 2016/17 values and felt it was worth the risk not signing anyone. It obviously won’t though so he has to open the chequebook this time
With full time scouts and analysts there's no reason last summer was more of a risk to spend 40m or more than the summer before that. I think the chequebook is gone and Poch and his team have been told the young English cheap signings will make up the majority of our business. I'd much rather 2x young Championship guys than 1 of these 23 year old mid-table Bundesliga types for 20m

It's crazy to think that we aren't even considering moves for Isco or James Rodriguez allowing free paths to teams we've either always been ahead of (Bournemouth lol BBC) or gone past (Arsenal).

The only excuse for not putting time and effort into the squad is the stadium hassles are taking up too much of Levy's time that he doesn't feel comfortable doing anything in the transfer market. He cant devote the hours he usually does to the transfer market because of the stuff arounds with the ground. It's the only logical reason we're allowing ourselves to do nothing with squad improvement/re-generation (something Poch is a massive believer in)

With full time scouts and analysts there's no reason last summer was more of a risk to spend 40m or more than the summer before that. I think the chequebook is gone and Poch and his team have been told the young English cheap signings will make up the majority of our business. I'd much rather 2x young Championship guys than 1 of these 23 year old mid-table Bundesliga types for 20m

It's crazy to think that we aren't even considering moves for Isco or James Rodriguez allowing free paths to teams we've either always been ahead of (Bournemouth lol BBC) or gone past (Arsenal).

The only excuse for not putting time and effort into the squad is the stadium hassles are taking up too much of Levy's time that he doesn't feel comfortable doing anything in the transfer market. He cant devote the hours he usually does to the transfer market because of the stuff arounds with the ground. It's the only logical reason we're allowing ourselves to do nothing with squad improvement/re-generation (something Poch is a massive believer in)
Well we’ll have to wait and see but personally don’t see a model where we don’t go out and spend at least relatively big. We are never going to match City or Uniteds spending and probably Liverpool or Chelsea’s either, but Levy will know if he doesn’t at least show Poch some form of backing then he will be off and the fans will turn on the board. It’s important to remember he’s stated the stadium will not affect transfer funds, and I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t state that if it were not true - even if it may only be partially true

Interesting presser.

No Kane, Son or Lucas. Dier may only make the bench also. No Wanyama and Sissoko is out for two weeks.

Imo we can’t go 4 at the back, if we go 4 at the back AND do not use Llorente then we’ll need to use Eriksen, Lamela and Alli in a front 3 and that’d leave Winks and Skipp and ??? in midfield. Use Llorente and we could play a diamond and have Lamela up next to him with Alli, Eriksen, Winks and Skipp in midfield.

3-4-3 based on availability would be my preference. Winks and Eriksen with two wingbacks lobbing crosses into Llorente with Lamela and Alli up with him.

Thank god it’s only Fulham with Llorente leading the line. I wouldn’t be against young sterling starting and seeing if he is up to it against the bottom sides. You’ll be able to tell pretty quickly if he isn’t and then resort to long ball Llorente for 30-40 mins at the end.

Great result in a pretty poor performance.

Think a few people who expected us to just cover the loss of Kane, Son & Sissoko with guys like Lamela & Llorente play a bit too much FIFA and see the difference between the players as a FIFA overall stat drop from mid 80s to low 80s high 70s. In reality on a football pitch it's a huge drop off as we saw today and it's not entirely the players fault themselves.

Lamela: he is a playmaker and is playing behind the striker with 2 playmaking CMs in Winks & Eriksen behind him which made him redundant.
Llorente: he is past his best and plays best in a team who plays with a target man up top and regularly play crosses. We don't play crosses normally, today we put in 30+ into the box and only 1/3 were effective with 2 scored by players who move into the box rather than an actual target man. Rusty as all * as shown with 2 poor conversions of chances at our end, while being stationery and the ball cannoning in off him at their end.

Trippier poor again which is surprising since all you hear about him is how great he is as a wing-back. Played as a wing-back today and his delivery was worse than both Rose & Vertonghen on the other side.

Winks was superb, Toby and Lloris very good. So too was Dele before injury. Looks like we might be seeing more of GKN & Llorente until Son gets back!

We’ve got Watford, Leicester and Newcastle all at home in our next three league games when our injuries will be at their worst. At least they are games we can still win with a depleted team. I’d be content if we can win two of them to be honest. Even though Chelsea are going through their own problems I think it’s likely we’ll crash out in the league cup (even if we win beating city without Kane is a big ask). I don’t hold much hope for the palace cup game either unless they rest players seeing as they are still somewhat in a relegation fight. Testing weeks ahead but at least we got the win today thank god

I do get tired of the thin squad line we constantly get. Here we are with comfortably the most injuries to key personal in the premier league, yet we sit 3rd in the table, alive in all domestic cups and into the round of 16 in the champs league.

You take similar quality out of all other premier league teams and outside of City, none of them would be performing as well as we have (none of them are anyway except for Liverpool in the league)

I do get tired of the thin squad line we constantly get. Here we are with comfortably the most injuries to key personal in the premier league, yet we sit 3rd in the table, alive in all domestic cups and into the round of 16 in the champs league.

You take similar quality out of all other premier league teams and outside of City, none of them would be performing as well as we have (none of them are anyway except for Liverpool in the league)
Difference is the drop off in quality between the squads. All squads are the same size

Our 1-14 of the 25 matches with both. But our 15-25th man are well behind theirs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back