Draft Watcher Davo-27's 2019 Draft Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emerson Jeka and Mitch Georgiades are the main 2 KPF's that have stood out to me in this draft pool, Dylan Williams is an amazing 3rd tall/med forw that might transform into a medium sized KPF, but the 2 i want to focus on is Jeka and Georgiades, both have tall strong KPP type builds, Jeka is being compared to Wayne Carey in how he plays and i can see some similarities, the 1 thing holding him back at the moment is his number of goals, if he can kick more goals (2+ a game)and be dangerous forward in the air regularly, he could move into first round contention, the other is Georgiades, he has a big presence and impressed me at the Champs for W.A., i'd like to see more of him this year and see if he can also learn to dominate as is needed to take the next step to AFL footy, at this stage Jeka i think is a bit better and has more potential to make it at the level, but Georgiades could close the gap and go in front if he performs this season.

in general the KPP are a bit of a weakness this year, Jeka, Georgiades, Gould, Dean, Watts? (Hickleton is a darkhorse) and a couple of others are on the radar but it is a bit lite on quality talls atm.

Jeka is 197cm

Georgiades is 189cm

One is a key forward, the other a general forward.

Jeka is 197cm

Georgiades is 189cm

One is a key forward, the other a general forward.

I honestly dont get the height issue, KPP is more about build and effect, this attitude against 189-192cm players is so wrong and has been proven false by VAST MAJORITY of the best KPP's of the last 25 years, this"he isnt a kpp unless he is 194cm rubbish" is the worst part of bigfooty imo.

I honestly dont get the height issue, KPP is more about build and effect, this attitude against 189-192cm players is so wrong and has been proven false by VAST MAJORITY of the best KPP's of the last 25 years, this"he isnt a kpp unless he is 194cm rubbish" is the worst part of bigfooty imo.
Wafl website has georgiades at 191cm

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This is Rowbottom type of favouritism :D
I had him as a top 30 prospect for alot of the year and ended up being proven correct :p I have my favourites every year, it was Fogarty the year before and McGrath the year before that haha

Alot can change from now but im pretty confident that Kemp has shown the best contested marking ability out of those 3.

I had him as a top 30 prospect for alot of the year and ended up being proven correct :p I have my favourites every year, it was Fogarty the year before and McGrath the year before that haha

Alot can change from now but im pretty confident that Kemp has shown the best contested marking ability out of those 3.
He's my 2nd favourite Tall prospect this year, behind Delahunty, will be interesting to see at which end he plays for Country since he's shown to be a good option either or

Brodie Kemp is the best out of the 3 i agree, but he plays more like a tall mid/utility, he has the size to potentially play as a tall/kpp? and i have not seen enough of Delahunty to make a proper read on him yet as a tall.

WAFL website is horrendously outdated. They still have Shane Yarran as an active player. Absolute basket case organisation.
If its outdated then he should be listed as shorter
If its just inaccurate (which i know they are) then fair enough

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Jack Allen (Swan Districts).
He's certainly one to watch. His coach tells me he tested well last weekend. Sub 3s 20m Sprint (he's 194cm/92kg) and really strong in the verticals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Allen (Swan Districts).
He's certainly one to watch. His coach tells me he tested well last weekend. Sub 3s 20m Sprint (he's 194cm/92kg) and really strong in the verticals.

Do you know how Manese went? Interested in his results as he is a WCE NGA player.

Emerson Jeka and Mitch Georgiades are the main 2 KPF's that have stood out to me in this draft pool, Dylan Williams is an amazing 3rd tall/med forw that might transform into a medium sized KPF, but the 2 i want to focus on is Jeka and Georgiades, both have tall strong KPP type builds, Jeka is being compared to Wayne Carey in how he plays and i can see some similarities, the 1 thing holding him back at the moment is his number of goals, if he can kick more goals (2+ a game)and be dangerous forward in the air regularly, he could move into first round contention, the other is Georgiades, he has a big presence and impressed me at the Champs for W.A., i'd like to see more of him this year and see if he can also learn to dominate as is needed to take the next step to AFL footy, at this stage Jeka i think is a bit better and has more potential to make it at the level, but Georgiades could close the gap and go in front if he performs this season.

in general the KPP are a bit of a weakness this year, Jeka, Georgiades, Gould, Dean, Watts? (Hickleton is a darkhorse) and a couple of others are on the radar but it is a bit lite on quality talls atm.

Mitch is a special talent, has presence and xfactor.
He is a mad WCE fan is actually a member of the club and goes to every game
He trained with WCE this preseason and out of the AIS boys was the one that impressed the most.
He has that speed power and agility combo like a De Goey
Wants to spend time playing mid this season to show his versatility.
I think he will end up a high pick and will be out of WCE reach
He has already been signed up by Colin Young

Probably just 17 years old and would most likely still have growth in him

also found this
"Jackson’s interest in football soon followed, playing juniors for both Willetton and Bullcreek-Leeming, before being offered a spot in the AFL Academy. As it stands, the 6’6 (199cm) teenager is a potential No. 1 pick in the 2019 AFL Draft, and only recently made his final decision. "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back