Is Nic Natanui the worst value footballer of the 2000's?

Remove this Banner Ad

1935 disposals in 10 years of football, comprising 571 clangers, and at a cost of $8-10 million dollars.

1354 effective disposals/220 possible games = 6.2 effective disposals @ ~ $6,000 per effective disposal.

View attachment 619700

The absolute WORST value footballer since the turn of the century, and a life member of the impostors club.

Discuss.

He's out of contract this year so I'm sure norf will have a crack at Nicnat and fail. fc46556184be7291f2c0b0cdf6af07b70b92f181.gif

Imagine paying Todd Goldstein close to a million dollars a season.
And imagine having to squeeze out the far superior Braydon Preuss because you can't afford to pay out Goldstein's contract.

Yes these are wonderful ‘one off’ highlights that only strengthen the question. What else does he do now that his jump diminishes with age?

Even Jobe Watson has one or 2 “highlights” ffs. :$
By the the looks of those highlights he still has a role to play as a "defensive forward."

Yes these are wonderful ‘one off’ highlights that only strengthen the question. What else does he do now that his jump diminishes with age?

This type of thing speaks volumes for the level of intellect possessed by the average Western Australian.

They are without doubt the dumbest demographic on this continent.

Surely his jumping ability must be diminishing with age so what other facets does he have to his game..?
Instead of taking marks like this

He’ll probably be taking them more like this

Less armchair, more hospital bed

Instead of taking marks like this

An excellent representation.

This is one of the 33 marks that Nic "the fraudster" Natanui took that season.

Yes folks...............33.............that is not a typo.

33 marks in 23 matches.

This works out at roughly ~ $30,000 a mark for the 2015 season.

Ty Vickery took 73 marks in only 15 matches that season.

An excellent representation.

This is one of the 33 marks that Nic "the fraudster" Natanui took that season.

Yes folks...............33.............that is not a typo.

33 marks in 23 matches.

This works out at roughly ~ $30,000 a mark for the 2015 season.

Ty Vickery took 73 marks in only 15 matches that season.
Naitanui doesn’t need to run around padding stats by getting cheap chip scab marks. That’s not his role.

Naitanui doesn’t need to run around padding stats by getting cheap chip scab marks. That’s not his role.

Would goals & goal assists count as "cheap chip scab" stats?

Vickery 31 & 9
Fraudanui 17 & 4

Would goals & goal assists count as "cheap chip scab" stats?

Vickery 31 & 9
Fraudanui 17 & 4
Oh yes, I see you know your google well. Well done.

Why don’t you google other stats such as disposals, handballs, hitouts, inside 50’s, contested possessions, effective disposals, tackles, clearances, rebound 50’s, stoppage clearances, centre clearances, one percenters, score involvements and intercepts. Then you’ll get a better picture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This type of thing speaks volumes for the level of intellect possessed by the average Western Australian.

They are without doubt the dumbest demographic on this continent.
Naitanui has more impact on and off the field than anyone else in the comp. I know North hasn’t had a player worth feeding since Carey so I can see how you wouldn’t understand.

Naitanui does things on field which inspires his team, gets the crowd on their feet and can change momentum of a game. He’s dragged his team over the line and won games at the death. He’s every kids favourite player and sells a shitload of merch. The most marketable player in the comp. If you can’t see value in that then you’re definitely missing a chromosome.

Naitanui has more impact ........ off the field than anyone else in the comp.

I have to acknowledge that he does carry a mean crucifix.

His presence alone in the past has probably sold more memberships and sponsorship than Norf will ever have.

After two knees and now not being a premiership player, his worth might be diminishing but prior to that, I reckon he has been cheap for what he's brought to the club overall.

Best tap ruckman in the league when fit.

And how exactly do you know his jump has diminished?
Oh yeah, you've been watching the Three old busted Amigos turd it up all year..
Maybe you have experience it.

Oh yes, I see you know your google well. Well done.

Why don’t you google other stats such as disposals, handballs, contested possessions, effective disposals, clearances, rebound 50’s, stoppage clearances, centre clearances, intercepts. Then you’ll get a better picture.

These are all included in the grand total of 1354.

Clearly people don't watch games, especially live, they just read and selectively regurgitate stats.
It's why players like Voss and Hird are rated by many above Buckley, despite his impressive stats, because of their impact upon both their and their opponent's teams.
Anyone attending a game who has seen Naitanui play understands his value.
He is a very skilled ruckman, creates chaos in opposition centre square/ ball-up structures with his speed and physicality, and has the ability to lift the game tempo or alter momentum in his team's favour. Some of these things don't show on stat sheets, but are invaluable. How do you stat perceived threat or hurried decision making due to his presence?
I would love to hear from Sam Mitchell who saw his impact as both an opponent, and then later as his team's midfield coach.

This inane topic/troll reeks of the post 2008 draft threads by Melbourne supporters convinced we were devastated by missing out on Jack Watts. They also went on about their prospects to be a super-power with their superior list at that time.
Interestingly, both Dees and Eagles received priority picks at the end of the first round that year. Dees took Mark Blease who won two rising star nominations two years apart (each side of a broken leg), but never fully recovered from injuries, and Eagles selected Luke Shuey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back