Game Worst Game of the Year - 2023 edition. NOMS OPEN!

Remove this Banner Ad

May 12, 2019
Spain
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
all suck
The AFL has opened voting for the Best Game of the Year The best games of 2023, what was No.1? Vote NOW

The Bay DGAF. The Bay wants to know what the WGOTY was

Some suggestions:

:$ R1 RIC v CAR 58-58 low scoring non-result for the 'traditional season opener' between these two minnows

:$ R10 HAW v WCE 142-26 Worst Coast lowest score of the year v Bottom4thorn and it was in Tassie to boot

:$ R15 SYD v WCE 205-34 the Wiggles biggest loss ever, highest score conceded ever - worst AFL team ever

:$ R16 MEL v GWS 45-47 lowest cumulative score of the year in front of a mere 3415 people in Alice Springs

:$ R23 GWS v ESS 162-36 the wheels totally fell off as the Bummers realised they would miss finals yet again

Make you noms are we'll have a pole

2023CollingwoodBrisbane12.18 (90) d. 13.8 (86)

A good game of football but continued umpiring/tribunal interference to gain a desired result for one of these teams (most will know which one)throughout the season and during this game and in particular the last free kick being called, play on advantage, spoiled things.

This game over all other recent Grand Finals (2016 excluded) that were fairly decided on the field, rather than by the umpires, will unfortunately be forever marked with an asterisk.

Last edited:

2023CollingwoodBrisbane12.18 (90) d. 13.8 (86)

A good game of football but continued umpiring/tribunal interference to gain a desired result for one of these teams (most will know which one)throughout the season and during this game and in particular the last free kick being called, play on advantage, spoiled things.

This game over all other recent Grand Finals (2016 excluded) that were fairly decided on the field, rather than by the umpires, will unfortunately be forever marked with an asterisk.

This game will forever be tainted, a real shame. One team shouldn't have even been there in the first place.

1702951647956.png

1702951660024.png

I was wondering who would be the first offended flog to say the GF :$

🤦‍♂️
Well wonder no more.

Your facepalm and bold lettering unfortunately shows your complete lack of understanding, the football played was good, the game itself was not as it was poorly adjudicated at crucial times, resulting in another * flag for Collingwood, not the first by any means.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst that might have been a strategically bad outcome for them, it was far from the worst game of the year

Ditto for Adelaide's disallowed-goal loss and Sydney's cheat win. And obviously the GF

In other words, in all of these games:
oh, well in that case, Sydney going in dry was the worst game....probably for a few years too

Losing to Bottom4thorn was certainly embarrassing, even though it had zero effect on either team's ladder position

It was definitely Collingwood's worst game for the year - but the worst game of the season overall? Perhaps not

2 games dont belong here.

Blues v Tigers as built in allowance for a bit of rustiness in rd1 and it had excitement with close score.

And Essendon v GWS was a rip snorter of a game, the lols at Essendon train wreck was all time. Absolute pearler 10/10 would watch again.

And I dont believe we can get a fair judgement on the other 3 because you'd have to be insane to have watched all those games

I think I speak for literally everyone else (including Richmunt flogs) when I say we're heartily sick of the lame spectacle that has been RIC v CAR round 1 for the last 9? years... the only positive about this one was that at least you managed to not lose it for a change

Essendon v GWS was a rip snorter of a game, the lols at Essendon train wreck was all time

Certainly sounds like a solid candidate for Bay WGOTY to me :shrug:

I think I speak for literally everyone else (including Richmunt flogs) when I say we're heartily sick of the lame spectacle that has been RIC v CAR round 1 for the last 9? years... the only positive about this one was that at least you managed to not lose it for a change

Certainly sounds like a solid candidate for Bay WGOTY to me :shrug:
More counts towards best game of the year for mine. Any game you get to laugh at Essendon is a good game imo.

OK Boomer 🤦‍♂️
No problems young man, woman, he, she or they them?:drunk:

and a very happy merry day to you
shopping

Remove this Banner Ad

Back