• Tutti Fruity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aristotle Pickett has no penis

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you bought your Crissy ham yet?

I'm prolly gonna need 2 this year, I'll eat one on my own.
That's the conundrum. When to buy and when to open.

I will probably buy my ham 1-2 weeks before, just so I don't miss out.

I like to open it a day or two before Christmas so I can enjoy some early Christmas ham.

But I always like to make sure I have enough ham left over for the Boxing Day Test.

Hmmm, after a quick bit of research on a Monday morning it seems my taste buds can detect superior quality. Bertocchi is looking like the must-have for this upcoming Christmas.

View attachment 1865620

View attachment 1865621
Interesting ham research. Well done.

I wonder if 80% pork is the legal standard for ham to be considered ham. Seems more than a coincidence.

Anything less and it is classified as dog food or a frankfurt or something.

Do you have your ham hot or cold. In Australia we have the heat at Christmas time and I prefer it cold. There was a chef guy around here once who recommended it cold, hot is over rated according to him.

I can't be arsed glazing a ham while also having to cook a turkey. Plus the oven space.

The Turkey needs to rest min half an hour. Leaves heaps of time to bake the glazed ham ( I use Golden Syrup, oven smoked dry chilli and a big dash of vodka for the Glaze)

The Turkey needs to rest min half an hour. Leaves heaps of time to bake the glazed ham ( I use Golden Syrup, oven smoked dry chilli and a big dash of vodka for the Glaze)
I saw a cooking video and the guy said a French chef told him that you cover the turkey with al-foil and let it rest for the same amount of time it took to cook it.

I thought that was crazy. It would get cold, I still tried it. It was great, wasn't cold at all!

So remember leave ample time to rest your bird before serving.

Shame there are no out of the closet vegans that post on the bay so we can mock them ITT

I bet Jazny is one :$
If this fred doesn't win TOTY we'll know who the vegans are soon enough.

I mean, I just saw the word "ham" and that got my vote.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's actually back here in Australia. Looks absolutely disgusting but I wanted to share that clip cause it's from the GOAT third movie of the GOAT trilogy !

It's ok old fella, there's a recipe for everyone.

It's ok old fella, there's a recipe for everyone.

That does look good. Last Christmas (or the year before I can't remember) I bought two hams. The idea was to have one cold and one hot with the glaze as I've never had a hot and glazed ham before.

At the end of it I couldn't be bothered so just had both cold. With a glazed ham is that the main meat for the meal? We've always had it cold. With the turkey being the main meat, served hot of course. Cold ham as a side dish.

Last edited:
That's the conundrum. When to buy and when to open.

I will probably buy my ham 1-2 weeks before, just so I don't miss out.

I like to open it a day or two before Christmas so I can enjoy some early Christmas ham.

But I always like to make sure I have enough ham left over for the Boxing Day Test.
Buy half of one in early Dec for the fridge. Cook the other half / full on Christmas Day and eat left overs till mid Jan.

That does look good. Last Christmas (or the year before I can't remember) I bought two hams. The idea was to have one cold and one hot with the glaze as I've never had a hot and glazed ham before.

At the end of it I couldn't be bothered so just had both cold. With a glazed ham is that the main meat for the meal? We've always had it cold. With the turkey being the main meat, served hot of course. Cold ham as a side dish.

We always do hot turkey and pork for Christmas day itself (mmm, crackling...), but the ham is for making sandwiches and toasties for the course of the Test Match.

We always do hot turkey and pork for Christmas day itself (mmm, crackling...), but the ham is for making sandwiches and toasties for the course of the Test Match.
We are similar but the pork is only occasionally. I have roast pork with my delicious crackling every second week during the year so that is no big deal to me whether we have it or not at Christmas. I usually would just stick to the turkey anyway.

When does everyone have their main Christmas meal? Mine has always been Christmas day at night. I see in a lot of places they have it on Christmas eve. We usually have a light christmas lunch with ham and more ham with turkey at night.

After Christmas the shops usually discount their ham and I will grab one to last me further into the new year. I am less fussy in the discounted ham's.

Can you overdose on ham?

Wow, Christmas is just two weeks away tomorrow. Where did the year go?

I will get my ham in the next week. Has anyone got theirs yet?

Off topic but does anyone know when the fresh turkeys become available? I get the fresh free range one and don't want to miss out. Don't want frozen.

Wow, Christmas is just two weeks away tomorrow. Where did the year go?

I will get my ham in the next week. Has anyone got theirs yet?

Off topic but does anyone know when the fresh turkeys become available? I get the fresh free range one and don't want to miss out. Don't want frozen.
This year I've gone the Borrowdale certified free range, half leg bone in.

It's handcrafted and perfectly smoked over Beechwood for 12 hours. They are very reputable and their pigs are well cared for, they enjoy it.

I'm leaving it to Mrs. Footy Is The Win who will put her pineapple spin on it from here.

Last edited:
Same, but also ham, lamb, beef and chicken. I come from a very large family so you can imagine.

We feast on that meat for days, drinking piss and watching the cricket.

Last edited:
Back