Past #24: Sam Durdin - delisted after 21 NM games/1 NM goal - thanks Durds (drafted by Carlton in '22 MSD)

Remove this Banner Ad

Coming back from a broken leg, he has a huge uphill battle on his hands not only to get back to his 2018 fitness but also improve on last year. I think things would have been different of could of played utility/mobile ruck.

Not gonna sugar coat it, but with the ins this year, it'll be hard for Durds to find his spot if injuries are light/sparse throughout the year.

You just get the feeling he's on the fringe, but the upside is he's looking 10x fitter than he did just a few months ago when I was at the game where he broke his ankle. Dude's ripped.

People were insanely critical of Lachie Hansen’s attitude across his career but despite being a first round pick Durds seems to get off pretty easy

Spose it’s because Lachie was pick 3 and Durdin was pick 16. The 2014 draft was pretty thin after Lever at 14 (Heeney was 18 and there’s a few other good late pickups). 2014 is looking like a pretty average draft across the board at this stage.

I won't give up on Durds. Yes he's not that gorilla back that people love but he brings a different element and uses his smart + agility to out work his opponent. He's already proven he can complement McKay well. We would have seen more of both had Thompson not have a spud like resurgence in 2018.

If we lose Durdin and Nielson in consecutive seasons we are in a bit of trouble KPD wise for the future.
He won't be popular with Groin guru.

Apparently Alter G >>>>>>>>>>> Kangatech
Alter G + Kangatech working side by side. Brothers in arms. Durds will have the most stable lower body in the AFL by 2019.

I won't give up on Durds. Yes he's not that gorilla back that people love but he brings a different element and uses his smart + agility to out work his opponent. He's already proven he can complement McKay well. We would have seen more of both had Thompson not have a spud like resurgence in 2018.

If we lose Durdin and Nielson in consecutive seasons we are in a bit of trouble KPD wise for the future.

Alter G + Kangatech working side by side. Brothers in arms. Durds will have the most stable lower body in the AFL by 2019.

Durdin can run the ball out of defence like a flanker. I’ve wondered if he would be more suited to playing smaller. He has the talent

He’s taking over Thompson’s position by the end of the year.

Durdin can run the ball out of defence like a flanker. I’ve wondered if he would be more suited to playing smaller. He has the talent
It's a tough one. The versatility is there but I think EVW is more suited to that type of role. In saying that teams seem to be playing with more smalls and 1 key target. So maybe Durdin is suited due to his ability to play on mid sized forwards. Pinch hitting in the ruck is also a good notch on the belt

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-02-20/knife-mishap-puts-north-defender-out-for-10-weeks

NORTH Melbourne key defender Sam Durdin has suffered another blow on the eve of a make-or-break season, with a finger injury suffered in a random home mishap expected to sideline him for up to 10 weeks.

A North spokesperson told AFL.com.au on Wednesday Durdin had suffered a deep cut to his little finger when a knife he was using to open a packet of food slipped.

The spokesperson said Durdin was not expected to return to full training for eight to 10 weeks.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-02-20/knife-mishap-puts-north-defender-out-for-10-weeks

NORTH Melbourne key defender Sam Durdin has suffered another blow on the eve of a make-or-break season, with a finger injury suffered in a random home mishap expected to sideline him for up to 10 weeks.

A North spokesperson told AFL.com.au on Wednesday Durdin had suffered a deep cut to his little finger when a knife he was using to open a packet of food slipped.

The spokesperson said Durdin was not expected to return to full training for eight to 10 weeks.

He could be playing Round 1 with the state our defence is in and this happens.

Man, we're screwed.

FFS. If he thought he was coming from a long way back already this mishap could be the end of his aspirations completely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stick a fork in him?

Injury could not have come at a worse time, there was a spot in the Rd 1 Team there for the taking, 8-10 weeks, must have done a fair old job of slicing the finger, as a grumpy old, i have learned that scissors are a better option than a knife for lots of little tasks in the kitchen.

Clumsy campaigner.

After watching him in the VFL I could see this happening.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Guessing he's cut a tendon.
Only thing I can think of that would cause a 10 week injury to a little finger. Even a break or dislocation would be less.

Then the question is, how the * do you cut your little finger opening a packet of food but miss all your other fingers??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back