Rumour Best football related rumour you have heard from someone you trust

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
His old man is an arrogant prick.
Good average footballer and coach but made a name for himself as a bully and a thug.
Wouldn't last ten minutes in this day and age a bit like ted whitten.
Best forgotten.
I'll always remember him belting the whole Carlton side new ones. I heard the rest of the Tiger team tore into him after the game because he didn't leave them any scraps. Sure he's better known for belting people than he is for football talent but those were the days. OTOH Ted was a very good footballer as well as being a thug.

My mate claims Bryce Gibbs slept with his male friend, and that’s the real reason he moved to Adelaide, so his wife could get him away from the scene because he had been caught multiple times.
I'll always remember him belting the whole Carlton side new ones. I heard the rest of the Tiger team tore into him after the game because he didn't leave them any scraps. Sure he's better known for belting people than he is for football talent but those were the days. OTOH Ted was a very good footballer as well as being a thug.
Lol. These two posts were unrelated but are placed one above the other so when read in sequence....

My mate claims Bryce Gibbs slept with his male friend, and that’s the real reason he moved to Adelaide, so his wife could get him away from the scene because he had been caught multiple times.

Can confirm this is true, the concept of being gay has not been introduced to South Australia as of yet and as a fit wealthy footballer no man would want to have sex with him, we're still mastering such progressive ideas like electricity

Belting the Carlton blokes was a game against East Perth, not Richmond.
The old days when they’d have end of year carnivals of the premiers form each state.

His old man is an arrogant prick.
Good average footballer and coach but made a name for himself as a bully and a thug.
Wouldn't last ten minutes in this day and age a bit like ted whitten.
Best forgotten.

Mal the Mouth is a lot of those things, but average footballer, he wasn’t. Sandover Medallist and he could play.

Charlie Curnow was trying a little too hard to. get a brownlow after party date last year. age didn’t seem to matter for old charles

Golf mate and ex 90’s Eagle tells me about one day coming back into the rooms after a match the club doc informed everyone that the drug testers where in and they all had to stick around. Glen Jackovich didn’t. Grabbed his kit and bolted to his car, rushing past spectators still leaving the ground, still in his playing gear.

Heard this from someone inside the club. When Carlton told Malthouse he was no longer required, they took his Hyundai back. Carlton offered to pay for a taxi for him, he declined and took a lift with the groundskeeper, hurling abuse at the club as he left

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard this from someone inside the club. When Carlton told Malthouse he was no longer required, they took his Hyundai back. Carlton offered to pay for a taxi for him, he declined and took a lift with the groundskeeper, hurling abuse at the club as he left

I heard he rang up Dennis Pagan to pick him up and when it was dark they went back and chucked a dump in a visy box and left it outside their office and rang the buzzer.

Forgot to mention it was Josh Bootsma who then walked out to answer the buzzer.

Can't speak for who he got a lift with, but I'm fairly sure this was spoken about on Triple M over the last few years. Might have been on BT's "tell us something we don't know" segment, or whatever it's called.

Ha, I heard a very different rumour. Basically Gibbs' wife was telling her friends about the possibility of moving to Adelaide, the media got wind of it and started to report it. Bryce only heard about it via the media storm it set off.

Ha, I heard a very different rumour. Basically Gibbs' wife was telling her friends about the possibility of moving to Adelaide, the media got wind of it and started to report it. Bryce only heard about it via the media storm it set off.
So the girlfriend was about to leave to Adelaide for some reason, told her mates, they gasbagged until the media heard it, then 'Gibbs to Crows' became a thing and he... joined the Crows because everyone expected him to?

So the girlfriend was about to leave to Adelaide for some reason, told her mates, they gasbagged until the media heard it, then 'Gibbs to Crows' became a thing and he... joined the Crows because everyone expected him to?
...12 months later. Wasn't even a consideration before the media storm started.

Players can get their had around moving clubs pretty quickly when they haven't really considered it before - Ben McEvoy and Ryan Burton two examples.

Only remembered this one the other day.

A certain Victorian player, drafted towards the end of the previous decade, did okay initially in his first two years and received a decent contract in the region of 350k.

The player in question one day received a phone call about an exciting investment opportunity. He couldn't help himself, the idea sounded sensational and here is an opportunity to really make bank. The only catch was the player had to hand over some coin for start-up capital, which he obliged to the tune of mid-low five figures.

A couple of months pass, and there's another call. We need more money - the market isn't as good as we thought, but we just need to get to the next financial year and we'll be printing money.

The player decides that he's already in quite deep. It's a really good idea - so he hands over another low five figure sum.

All of a sudden, the player's parents and club eventually find out what was happening. He assures them that the opportunity is totally legitimate and even jokes that he'll probably be finished with footy by 30 cause he's so loaded.

More time passes and the player still hasn't received any return on his investment. So he starts to make some calls.

"No worries ************, trust me, I'm filling out sales forms right now - we'll be good to go, expect first pay day in two weeks."

So the player waits two weeks and rings again - alas, this time, the phone number is disconnected. He sends multiple emails, all of which bounce.

It dawns on the player he has been had.

His parents force him to relinquish control of his finances to them, while his lagging form at the club sees him pack his bags for another destination.

A certain Victorian player, drafted towards the end of the previous decade, did okay initially in his first two years and received a decent contract in the region of 350k.

The player in question one day received a phone call about an exciting investment opportunity. He couldn't help himself, the idea sounded sensational and here is an opportunity to really make bank. The only catch was the player had to hand over some coin for start-up capital, which he obliged to the tune of mid-low five figures.

A couple of months pass, and there's another call. We need more money - the market isn't as good as we thought, but we just need to get to the next financial year and we'll be printing money.

The player decides that he's already in quite deep. It's a really good idea - so he hands over another low five figure sum.

All of a sudden, the player's parents and club eventually find out what was happening. He assures them that the opportunity is totally legitimate and even jokes that he'll probably be finished with footy by 30 cause he's so loaded.

More time passes and the player still hasn't received any return on his investment. So he starts to make some calls.

"No worries ************, trust me, I'm filling out sales forms right now - we'll be good to go, expect first pay day in two weeks."

So the player waits two weeks and rings again - alas, this time, the phone number is disconnected. He sends multiple emails, all of which bounce.

His parents force him to relinquish control of his finances to them, while his lagging form at the club sees him pack his bags for another destination.
Jordan?

Who is the player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back