Round 1 - Rising Star Nominations

Remove this Banner Ad

Feels kind of strange not being in here arguing for one of the Lions boys. Going to be that way for most of the year I reckon which isn't nessessarily a bad thing.

Bailey Scott for mine.

Oh who am I kidding give it to Hodge. He is on the rise that kid. One to watch.

Were you the poster that said LDU was going to light it up in round one? What happened there? I watched him carefully and he disappointed me. He’s quite vanilla. He also lacks pace and appeared to be bereft of confidence. Overall, very little output against a side widely tipped to be bottom four. I actually think a few players that debuted on the weekend have already gone past him.

Strange comment.

He was the 4th highest ranked Rising Star midfielder of the Round, in not exactly an easy game to play in from his perspective, on another day he would of kicked 3.

Was one of our best on low TOG.

He ranked higher than all of Rayner, Dow, Brayshaw, Cerra and Stephenson on the weekend.

It seems with each passing year young players are becoming more ready for AFL football. I cant remember a more impressive round of debutants.

Think it's a mix of the low quality of AFL at the moment an the improved fitness an nutrition at lower levels. Than an getting a disposal has never been easier than 2019.

Bailey Scott looked like the most composed, seasoned player in the Blue Kangaroo yesterday, but because we got smashed by 82pts won't get a look in. It will go to Walsh.

I know he won't get the nod, because someone with sexier statistics (i.e. a midfielder) will, but just quietly Sam Taylor had a superb game for GWS yesterday. Stats and fantasy points will never help a key defender, but Sam got 17 possessions (at 94% efficiency), 9 contested, plus 6 1%ers - but more importantly looked hugely composed for a kid in his 9th game (and after a more senior defender got injured and he had to take on more responsibility). You can argue that Essendon were poor, but they had almost as many inside 50s as GWS did and the reason they didn't score as many goals was partly down to the GWS defenders.

I didn't see the game, but Bailey Scott appears to have had an excellent game in a team that got smashed and probably most deserving. I never get the argument about being on a winning team; it would be unfortunate to miss out just on that basis. If that mantra is applied, then Sam Walsh should miss out as well. I'm not being critical of his game - I thought he played really well and helped Carlton turn around the game after the first quarter.

Otherwise, Willem Drew's game was impressive and did contribute to an upset; as did Zak Butters with less possessions. There were plenty of other really good contributions too - Will Powell, James Cousins, Jordan Clark, Xavier Duursma, Charlie Constable and others to lesser extent.

A really high quality round for the young players.

Last edited:
Strange comment.

He was the 4th highest ranked Rising Star midfielder of the Round, in not exactly an easy game to play in from his perspective, on another day he would of kicked 3.

Was one of our best on low TOG.

He ranked higher than all of Rayner, Dow, Brayshaw, Cerra and Stephenson on the weekend.
Ranked? What do you mean by ranked? Please tell me you’re not referring to SuperCoach points? Plus the aforementioned all have runs on the board. LDU doesn’t. Just because they all had quiet games and LDU had a slightly less quiet game, does not mean he’s all of a sudden on their level.

Why wasn’t it easy from his perspective? It doesn’t get much easier than Fremantle. How will he go against the elite midfields of the competition then? Scott seemed to go well. Looks like you’re just making excuses for LDU.

And why does he kick three on another day? How have you drawn that conclusion? You’re just making a baseless claim to divert away from his actual performance.

You talked him up and he let you down. If Jack Higgins put in that performance for Richmond I’d want him dropped. The difference is North fans have absolutely no standards or expectations for LDU because so far he has been a massive bust.

Ranked? What do you mean by ranked? Please tell me you’re not referring to SuperCoach points? Plus the aforementioned all have runs on the board. LDU doesn’t. Just because they all had quiet games and LDU had a slightly less quiet game, does not mean he’s all of a sudden on their level.

Why wasn’t it easy from his perspective? It doesn’t get much easier than Fremantle. How will he go against the elite midfields of the competition then? Scott seemed to go well. Looks like you’re just making excuses for LDU.

And why does he kick three on another day? How have you drawn that conclusion? You’re just making a baseless claim to divert away from his actual performance.

You talked him up and he let you down. If Jack Higgins put in that performance for Richmond I’d want him dropped. The difference is North fans have absolutely no standards or expectations for LDU because so far he has been a massive bust.

Wow. This comment will not age well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hahaha screenshotted. Classic 'didn't even watch the game' comment. He was one of the only clean users yesterday and somehow picked up 15 good touches playing in a forward line that didn't get any delivery.

Noted: Zoom Richmond-poster has no clue - do not engage. Thinks first nine games forecasts a career.

hahaha screenshotted. Classic 'didn't even watch the game' comment. He was one of the only clean users yesterday and somehow picked up 15 good touches playing in a forward line that didn't get any delivery.

Noted: Zoom Richmond-poster has no clue - do not engage. Thinks first nine games forecasts a career.
Care to point out where I forecasted his career?

He spent time in the midfield as well as up forward. I’m guessing Scott moved him up forward because he had no impact in the midfield. He was clean because he played the safe option every time. It was a nothing game from a player that has so far failed to deliver.

Care to point out where I forecasted his career?

He spent time in the midfield as well as up forward. I’m guessing Scott moved him up forward because he had no impact in the midfield. He was clean because he played the safe option every time. It was a nothing game from a player that has so far failed to deliver.
Smh. Don't discuss a game you didn't watch because you sound stupid reeling off hypotheticals that we know didn't happen.

Smh. Don't discuss a game you didn't watch because you sound stupid reeling off hypotheticals that we know didn't happen.
Your ability to judge his game objectively is compromised by the fact that you support North Melbourne. I have no reason to undersell his performance. If anything, I want him to succeed. He seems like a great kid, but I have been underwhelmed every time I have watched him play.

You can immaturely claim that I didn’t watch the game because your wound up over my opinion, but I’m happy to discuss any passage of play that he was involved in as I will recall most of it because I watched the whole thing live.

the winning team criterion is bizarre to me. bailey scott was such a shining light in such a dismal team performance that it should be even more reason to give it to him than if he had played in a win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back