News 2019 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you got the actual link mate? I heard Gears talking about this recently, would love to have a listen.

Yeah, I couldn't find it on iTunes.

Isn't that what we have done?
Brown is attending instead while Hanners is doing rehab. Nowhere does it say he has been removed permanently.

This is a good point.

I wonder how it leaked from the club? Seems we didn’t make a statement on it or should we need to, especially if he has just dialled his responsibilities back and Brown is picking up some of them.

I know Tom Morris obviously has Saints connections from his time with us.

Rather insiders maintain the lay-off is intended to help him recover

Wonder who the insiders are? He’s a hot topic at the moment with gutter media so anything like this is going to be over scrutinised.

Of FFS this keeps getting worse, and it provides more ammunition to guys like Barrett who claim Hannebery should never have been in the leadership group.

If there were scheduling clashes between leadership group commitments and rehab, then surely they could have just given Hannebery permission to preference rehab without removing him from the group...

Smart by saints to give him the space.
He copped it from the media for being selected in leadership group which the players voted for. Now he’ll cop stick for focusing on his rehab. Hilarious. Jarrad McVeigh on Channel 7 Game Day said he caught up with Hanners and massively backed Hanners to come good as he is an absolute professional. The last game Hanners played in he was one of the swans best in a bad loss. See elimination final player reviews. Not bad for someone who’s cooked apparently.
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/cou...l/news-story/53e847a10479221cd3aa8f508aa8c5ab

Of FFS this keeps getting worse, and it provides more ammunition to guys like Barrett who claim Hannebery should never have been in the leadership group.

If there were scheduling clashes between leadership group commitments and rehab, then surely they could have just given Hannebery permission to preference rehab without removing him from the group...

Do we really actually care what people outside the club think about this type of thing...and especially the weasel Barrett? Couldn’t give a rat’s, personally.

Do we really actually care what people outside the club think about this type of thing...and especially the weasel Barrett? Couldn’t give a rat’s, personally.
Makes sense , you need to lead on and off the field.
Being in the leadership group you have to do media work as well , which he doesn't need with all the crap being spread about him.

So far Roberton out for Billings , Hannerbery out for Steele / whos next ?

One thing I noticed at the end of 'On the Couch' was Tom Morris saying Dan Hannebury has been taken off the leadership group and replaced temporarily by Nathan Brown. It is so that he can concentrate on his rehabilitation. Seems fair to me.

A couple of them (mostly Gerard) said it was ridiculous. But didn't Richo say Dan was really stressed out about his current situation and having trouble with his sleeping? Think resting him from meetings and responsibilities for now is a good idea, not a bad one. The whole thing was badly explained and unnecessary. Probably Dan has some anxiety about his plight and I think the club have done the right thing by him. He'll be back in when he's able to do so.

This is a good point.

I wonder how it leaked from the club? Seems we didn’t make a statement on it or should we need to, especially if he has just dialled his responsibilities back and Brown is picking up some of them.

I know Tom Morris obviously has Saints connections from his time with us.

Rather insiders maintain the lay-off is intended to help him recover

Wonder who the insiders are? He’s a hot topic at the moment with gutter media so anything like this is going to be over scrutinised.
We didn't make a statement about Membrey taking over "casually" for Roberton last year. We only found out after someone mentioned it really casually at the very end of the season. It definitely wasn't common knowledge which is why so many people were surprised Membrey was added this year.

Announcing Billings stepping in for Robbo feels slightly different because that looks like a permanent change with Robbo essentially pseudo retiring and the hope is Billings takes on this role for years to come.

With Brown, it just seems like a senior experienced leaders (was VC at collingwood for a while) attending leadership meetings in replacement of Hanners because I don't know how "strong" a meeting featuring Geary, Ross, JB and Membrey would be.

Morris definitely beefed up the article with the recruitment saga to try and make the story more than what it is. And judging by some twitter reactions, it defiantly worked.

One thing I noticed at the end of 'On the Couch' was Tom Morris saying Dan Hannebury has been taken off the leadership group and replaced temporarily by Nathan Brown. It is so that he can concentrate on his rehabilitation. Seems fair to me.

A couple of them (mostly Gerard) said it was ridiculous. But didn't Richo say Dan was really stressed out about his current situation and having trouble with his sleeping? Think resting him from meetings and responsibilities for now is a good idea, not a bad one. The whole thing was badly explained and unnecessary. Probably Dan has some anxiety about his plight and I think the club have done the right thing by him. He'll be back in when he's able to do so.

Richo didnt do him any favours with his "he is worse than we thought and needs to be rebuilt" comments last week. He may be a nice bloke Richo but he definitely aint the sharpest tack in box thats for sure.

You dont step down from the Leadership Group for 2-3 weeks rehab.

Anyone still think we'll see him in the first half of the season?
The story was that he isn't sleeping and so his rehab was going nowhere. Don't honestly think they know. Probably trying to get rid of distractions so he can sleep better because recovery seemed to be stalled. Human body a funny thing. Sleep is crucial.

You dont step down from the Leadership Group for 2-3 weeks rehab.

Anyone still think we'll see him in the first half of the season?
Or maybe the character of the bloke means he is prone to pushing himself to try put the team first and get out there.

It’s a great move if it means hanners can focus on rehab.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Brown should've been in the leadership group for the last couple of years...good on him. Also a good move by the saints to let Hanners get himself right. As for the article, I thought it was reasonably measured considering the moronic hysteria by others in the industry. I will judge the bloke when he plays, and judge Lethers and others accordingly if he doesn't...but right now, it's no mans land for everyone involved.

D2YEEbkU8AE-AtH.jpg:large

I read in an article that the leadership group meets with Richo once a week at about the same time the rehab takes place, which might explain why Hanners has decided to drop out.
Don't think there's anything sinister behind it.
Because he has to meet with Richo once a week ?

There are two distinct issues here. The actual decisions surrounding Hanners and the PR coming out of the club about him. The first issue is in the past and nothing can be done about it. But the PR about him over the last few weeks has been totally amateurish. And given what’s been said about the mental toll this stress is having on Hanners himself, you can’t say ‘who gives a stuff what outsiders say’.

I read in an article that the leadership group meets with Richo once a week at about the same time the rehab takes place, which might explain why Hanners has decided to drop out.
Don't think there's anything sinister behind it.
Our top players injuring themselves to avoid a meeting? Nothing sinister there...:rolleyes:

In shocking news, Wayne Carey formed a coherent and well reasoned response

We paid a pittance for him. O’Meara cost the hawks a lot in terms of currency at the trade table. Why wouldn’t we back Hanners to get fit when the potential is huge if he does. You think this doesn’t look good to players considering us? The club wants the best for its players to get the best from them.

Also Hanners seems to think Luke Parker would be keen to come. Bodes well to build a good relationship with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back