Preview Round 5 2019: Richmond v Sydney, Marvel Stadium | Saturday 20/4 7.25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

My only worry is we’re carrying 4 players in to this game on 10 games or less (and Bolton on 11?). It’s pretty inexperienced at the bottom end. If those 5 are down we’re screwed. I would have kept Graham and Menadue in for this one and rotated through the inexperienced brigade for the next two games. I suspect a few of them (if not all of them) will struggle to back up so quickly given their inexperience both physically and mentally. Resting two for this one and then two for Dees would have worked.

Last edited:
Smalls like George are never going to get 15-20 touches.
Id be happy if he only got 10 touches, so long as those 10 are 100% effective.

How does the ground size increase JG's value and diminish George's?
Well for one graham is not as fast and likes the in ball clinches he is an inside mid who can tag- ideally suited to small paddocks. Castanga can run and in short bursts but is a turnover king. I could go in but that is small ground tactic 101feel free to ask for more lessons

Guys, I know that we have injuries and all, but our percentage is starting to fall behind the top teams of the competition too much.

Most important for us is the wins, but we may need to start looking at catching up on the percentage sometime soon.
Early in the season so percentages are all over the shop. Each individual has a massive bearing on our current percentage. But still has the same effect on our final percentage as any game.
To put it in perspective in our last 18 games last year we scored 1728 points and conceded 1255. If we do that again our percentage this year will be 125.5% which would’ve been 3rd highest in the league, behind Geelong and Melbourne who weren’t near the top anyway. I could make that look even better by adjusting it to our fixture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm stuck in a circular loop. Keep thinking it's Saturday, go to check if game day threads open, realise it's Friday. Repeat.
I just got caught out (as I seem to every year) forgetting that this is the one day of the year that the supermarkets close. Was planning on cooking steak tonight, but the only place I could find open was a greengrocers run by some Lebanese people. So I bought the ingredients for a ratatouille. No meat tonight (or alcohol :'().

I just got caught out (as I seem to every year) forgetting that this is the one day of the year that the supermarkets close. Was planning on cooking steak tonight, but the only place I could find open was a greengrocers run by some Lebanese people. So I bought the ingredients for a ratatouille. No meat tonight (or alcohol :'().

Go to the lelnorph game and buy a beer and a few pies. They'll probably give you free entry and a voucher on arrival. lelnorph

Guys, I know that we have injuries and all, but our percentage is starting to fall behind the top teams of the competition too much.

Most important for us is the wins, but we may need to start looking at catching up on the percentage sometime soon.

With players like Cotch & JR8 still out, we just need wins ... any wins.

Hopefully when we get our best team back on the field (minus Rance), we will be able to build up our percentage.

Rifle the cupboards, you'll find something, vanilla essence if need be.

Smalls like George are never going to get 15-20 touches.
Id be happy if he only got 10 touches, so long as those 10 are 100% effective.
Not sure why after 3 years everyone expects him to get 15 or more disposables per game, it's the other stuff he brings. Dimma obviously has his kpi's for George and is happy with what he's getting.
So far not in the top 10 for clangers or turnovers, and going by his critics I assumed he was number one for both.
Equal first goal assists, 8th score involvement, 5th for tackles, 2nd tackles i50, equal third marks i50. Equal 4th for points shows he's getting the chance but he needs to start converting.
With so many youngsters in the side I'm glad George is in.

What is the go with ticketing tomorrow at Marvel? Can I just rock up with my membership card and scan in or do I need to reserve a seat? Thank you.

Dumb s**t etihad deal I can’t print my ticket and have to pick up pre-game??

Wtf do they have blokes sitting in an office manually inputting and managing the transactions?

2019 have you heard of information technology and automated systems??

What a load of horseshit

I miss the old fashioned system where a reserved seat was a reserved seat and you scan into the stadium go to your seat, bend your knees and tilt from the hips, place your glutes in the seat and watch the game.

We won by 7 last week and our % went up by 10. Means nothing this early on.

We won by 7 last week and our % went up by 10. Means nothing this early on.
That’s exactly why I want us to address it soon because it is easier to come back from our percentage now than the end of the season. The earlier we get back to 100% the better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back