Preview Changes R6 v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

So many players off the boil this year. So so many it is terrifying, don't where to begin on which player.

Yeo last year. He was my number player in the AFL last year. Yes I rated him higher than Danger, Gov etc etc

He's gone MIA. And he's far from alone either.

I asked my son to check how many touches Masten had with 7 or 8minutes to go in the last, he had 12 with 0 tackles, .

Well thats a ******** surprise.

Nah ........ not really he is like a virgin with a hymen ...... as far as tackles go ............ he cant lay one and cant break one.

Out schofield vardy masten
In barrass mallen venables

Vardy out for Mallen who plays inside like he does in the wafl . Oallen to back up ruck

Yeo to play back give him an opportunity to find some form . Also good match up with danger . Bursts in the middle

Masten out for Venables because of his pace and attack on ground balls .

Agree with Masten out but if you want someone to play his role it isn't Venables. Venables has poor endurance at this stage of his career - perhaps due to the fact that he hasn't had one uninterrupted pre-season. I think he needs a proper pre-season to show us what he has got. But at this stage, it is arguable that we should have gone with SPP.

OUT: Schofield, Masten, Ollen (managed)
IN: Barrass, Venables, Ah Chee

We actually do miss Venables pressure quite a bit, even though he only averages about 4 possies per game

In fairness we've been s**t for 2 weeks in a row now.

In: Brooksby, Allan,

Out: Vardy, Allen

Had enough of our sucking Rucks this season, Hickey is lucky to hold his spot too after that. Think we need to shake things up happy for Masten & or Cole to have a spell also.

Something needs to give with our talls. Either OAllen or one of Vardy or Hickey need to go out for a smaller/quicker player. We broke our mantra of playing 7 forwards which worked for us last year and need to go back to it. The two rucks aren't working hard enough as OAllen was still needed in the ruck.

My changes would be to flick Vardy and bring in a MAllen to the HFF. Heck even bring Venables back. Solar panels also needs to go and find form in the WAFL. Wouldn't be against Brander in for OAllen on top of those changes - he can play the linking role much better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finding it hard to fault Schoey tonight, with some of the s**t sandwiches that were coming at him because of poor work up the ground.

Srs Gov was just as bad, probably worse with how many fumbles and balls splling through his hands ended up in Power goals.

If Barrass is fine ofc Schoey is out, but otherwise he's safe.

We've got a lot more issues than just personnel going on, midfield needs to the quickest fix of all.

It's the poisitioing of mids at centre square and stoppages.

It's 4 guys flying for every mark.

Back to the mids again, it's the rubbish delivery into the forward line.

JK was out last year with about 5 injuries that ended up being 8 weeks. It was supposed to be 1 week.

Agree with Masten out but if you want someone to play his role it isn't Venables. Venables has poor endurance at this stage of his career - perhaps due to the fact that he hasn't had one uninterrupted pre-season. I think he needs a proper pre-season to show us what he has got. But at this stage, it is arguable that we should have gone with SPP.
Masten isnt playing the role you think . Since gaff has returned masto is playing HFF which he isnt suited to . We have 1 too many mid and bringing venables in gives us that extra forward we are missing . Venables pressures and tackles which masten doesn't .

Doesn't sound like Simmo is abandoning the two ruck policy any time soon. Vardy is surely on the verge of being dropped, has Brooksby done enough to be deserving of a game?

Out: Vardy, O.Allen, Masten
In: Brooksby, MAllen, Ah Chee

Masten isnt playing the role you think . Since gaff has returned masto is playing HFF which he isnt suited to . We have 1 too many mid and bringing venables in gives us that extra forward we are missing . Venables pressures and tackles which masten doesn't .

Pretty sure last week Masten played a run with role on Hill. In any case, what has Venables done to deserve to be picked?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back