Oppo Camp The Non-North Football Discussion & AFL Matchday Chat Thread: Edition IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He said Shiel would earn up to $20,000 a year in wages, but receive ā€œinvaluable experience and first-hand opportunities to invest in future projects as all staff doā€.

Well at least they know how they'll pay it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The game has been ruined by terrible rule changes. I heard Wayne Carey comment that the mistake a player made was taking possession, and he was right in the context of the modern game. It has become about slaps, tap-ons and forcing the ball forward rather than a proper skilled touch. When a player is tackled they can spin round twice and if they have their arms free still dish of a handball but if you tackle them into the ground chances are you give away a free. Also if they are in possession when they are tackled and the ball is 'knocked out' in the tackle it's not incorrect disposal but rather a free for holding the man.

6ā€“6-6 exposes the slower contested sides from previous years. North, Melbourne & Sydney all struggling.

Precisely.

No extra men running in off the square to clog up space.

If only we'd had someone in a position to see the impact this is having...

all the neutral games I watch seem to be so low scoring.
All the games are low scoring.

I did a small amount of analysis on the first 4 rounds compared to 10 years ago.

Something like 13 occasions 100 points kicked by a side this year compared to 29 times in 09.

Scoring is definitely down, 666 has reduced the congestion, but increased the safety with which teams play.

I think if you could do stats on the amount of backwards kicks this season would lead by some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back