QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

BTW - not necessarily disagreeing with your thoughts and I'm not sure anyone could have predicted that there was such a gulf bn div 1 and 2. I feel sorry for Burleigh who are the outlier and travel a minimum of 30min every 2nd week to play, more often over 60min. That would make life hard

I think the North/south idea sounds okay for Div 2 and 3. Still be some substantial trips but going from Maroochy area to even Logan isn't that bad these days - straight run on 2 highways. Its worse when you have to navigate south or west Bris traffic. I wouldn't worry about some div 3 teams struggling against div 2 teams - that's always going to be the case. if logistics were better then possibly some better footballers might fall into your club. It also takes away the div 2 / 3 stigma that prevents some players from making a switch.

Should re-design the state league like southern states.
North : Wilston Grange, Sandgate, western Magpies, Mayne, Aspley, Maroochydore, Noosa and Caloundra
South : Palm Beach, Surfers, Morningside, Labradore, Burleigh, Springwood, Mt Gravatt, Broadbeach
Then feed down divisions from there. Makes more sense to me. Just another idea not looked at.

Should re-design the state league like southern states.
North : Wilston Grange, Sandgate, western Magpies, Mayne, Aspley, Maroochydore, Noosa and Caloundra
South : Palm Beach, Surfers, Morningside, Labradore, Burleigh, Springwood, Mt Gravatt, Broadbeach
Then feed down divisions from there. Makes more sense to me. Just another idea not looked at.

Need a few more in south (doubled up Panthers) but the gist is right. Only thing is they really want a standalone State league I imagine but this is what gets in the way at times too.

Need a few more in south (doubled up Panthers) but the gist is right. Only thing is they really want a standalone State league I imagine but this is what gets in the way at times too.
Was meant to be Burleigh.
Neafl is king... regions should follow from there. Especially now we have quality and numbers across the state. Rivalries amongst sides in their own regions builds crowds. From what I've seen, northern state league clubs have been developing youth for years and still miles off the top southern teams. Fix things from the top I say, it's not a bad thing we have enough talented teams to have a new set up overall.

Easy fix in my eyes. Merge Division two and three and draw a line through the middle. Division 2 North, Division 2 South. Difference in talent between Div 2 and 3 won’t be as noticeable in a 12 team conference let clubs suffer a few years and build, it’s apart of football.

Easy fix in my eyes. Merge Division two and three and draw a line through the middle. Division 2 North, Division 2 South. Difference in talent between Div 2 and 3 won’t be as noticeable in a 12 team conference let clubs suffer a few years and build, it’s apart of football.
Yep very simple really.

Division 2 all the teams are Southside anyway !
If the nsw teams come in you could get Kenmore Alex hills and Victoria point in the other comp.
No one would think that's unreasonable do they.
It will depend if they allow the nsw teams in.
If not just leave it alone.

If the nsw teams come in you could get Kenmore Alex hills and Victoria point in the other comp.
No one would think that's unreasonable do they.
It will depend if they allow the nsw teams in.
If not just leave it alone.
The swans seniors couldn’t beat Kenmore’s ressies in a trial game at the start of the year . Pretty sure those 3 teams would slay a lot of teams in this comp !

The swans seniors couldn’t beat Kenmore’s ressies in a trial game at the start of the year . Pretty sure those 3 teams would slay a lot of teams in this comp !
Yeah not sure I'd use swans as an example.
Sure they might win a lot but it gives you something to aim for.
Nobody stays on top for ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cant do that we need a comp for new team from div 4 and 5 to move into Wayne too big to jump from div 5 to div 2 and play Kenmore ect

cant do that we need a comp for new team from div 4 and 5 to move into Wayne too big to jump from div 5 to div 2 and play Kenmore ect

As you can see with Jindalee, the jump from Div 5 to Div 3 is pretty big too!

Really should at least have to put in a decent Div 4 effort before being allowed to move into Saturday footy.

Thought with the quality of Div4 this year, only the best handful of Div 3 sides would beat the Top 5 or 6 in Div 4.

Hence there still needs to be Div 3, for Div 4 and 5 clubs to transition into Saturday footy, clubs need to be allowed for slow transitions into higher divisions,

If they want Nth/Sth divisions, it will need to be in Div 2. I think Moreton, Wynumm, Ipswich and Kedron would do well in Div 2 this year. Plus for the defective clubs like Yeronga and Park Ridge could also slide into a Div 2 comp, if they get the numbers.

Leave Div 3 for the other clubs to have a go and give Div 4 and 5 clubs to transition into Saturday footy.

Yeronga couldn't. They are a Div 4 side thats unlikely to play finals.

Park Ridge and Jimboomba appear a class above int hat comp this year.

Like Vic's suggestion of merging the best of QAFL and Div 1. They'd need to relax their precious pillars a bit to get some clubs to agree to that though, I'd imagine. Calling the QAFL in its current configuration the "State League" is a bit of a stretch when there's only nine teams from the SE corner in it... and only two of those are north of the river.

Like Vic's suggestion of merging the best of QAFL and Div 1. They'd need to relax their precious pillars a bit to get some clubs to agree to that though, I'd imagine. Calling the QAFL in its current configuration the "State League" is a bit of a stretch when there's only nine teams from the SE corner in it... and only two of those are north of the river.

Pretty sure it is called QAFL because it is the top league in Queensland, most regional competitions are probably in the QFA Div1/2 level. Cant see a Townsville or Cairns team being competitive against Surfers and Palm Beach. There would be a Sunshine Coast team if M'doore or Noosa believed they had the capacity to play at that level.

Pretty sure it is called QAFL because it is the top league in Queensland, most regional competitions are probably in the QFA Div1/2 level. Cant see a Townsville or Cairns team being competitive against Surfers and Palm Beach. There would be a Sunshine Coast team if M'doore or Noosa believed they had the capacity to play at that level.

I know why it's called the QAFL. I was referring to smy's comment about HQ really wanting "a standalone state league". It's not a state league. The Intrust Super Cup is a state league. The QAFL is a SEQ competition. Which, by the way, Noosa and Maroochydore would be more than competitive in, but prefer to stay in Div 1 with other Sunny Coast clubs. Which just goes to prove Vic lad's point about local rivalries.

I know why it's called the QAFL. I was referring to smy's comment about HQ really wanting "a standalone state league". It's not a state league. The Intrust Super Cup is a state league. The QAFL is a SEQ competition. Which, by the way, Noosa and Maroochydore would be more than competitive in, but prefer to stay in Div 1 with other Sunny Coast clubs. Which just goes to prove Vic lad's point about local rivalries.

yep agree Danny - and I agree around the pillars too. Noosa couldn't go in based on no Colts anyway. I like the idea of a merged QAFL/Div 1 comp and yep, there might be some clubs that would struggle initially but it would also mean that it would make it a hell of a lot easier to retain best juniors therefore strengthening your ranks anyway. Would increase the standard of the 2nd best comp but decrease the standard of the best comp (initially anyway). the points and salary cap are going to do this anyway I imagine

Yeronga couldn't. They are a Div 4 side thats unlikely to play finals.

Park Ridge and Jimboomba appear a class above int hat comp this year.

Yeah Yeronga needs to rebuild from the ground up. It's literally a new club now. All their senior quality is either at Morningside, Kenmore or in the Army somewhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back