List Mgmt. 2019 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
my ratings on the mid season draft are it was a bit of a non event for all the hype the AFL tried to build around it but I am sure others were really excited by it but it is a low base for it to improve from and a big test on the effectiveness of it will be how many senior games from the 15 players are played this year as that will be the test of how effective it is or clubs are better off maxing out the list size at the November draft
I think the club elected not to participate due to the salary cap pressure the club is under as 50-70k for a player who may not work out and could only be around for 4 months

Gut feel on Tomlinson is he goes and next year Hately will move straight into Tomo's role but will still be on his rookie contract so will be on a lot less cash to do the same role and it also helps spread the age profile. But that said there is always a bit of a 'Hotel California' vibe to Tomo, in that 'he can check out but he can never leave'.

Gut feel on Tomlinson is he goes and next year Hately will move straight into Tomo's role but will still be on his rookie contract so will be on a lot less cash to do the same role and it also helps spread the age profile. But that said there is always a bit of a 'Hotel California' vibe to Tomo, in that 'he can check out but he can never leave'.

I think an offer is on the table for Tomlinson from the club and it is just if he feels like a change to earn some cash, I would see him at around 500k for the club based on his current form and it will be interesting to see what happens because I can see a club overpaying for him based on what i see he has fully developed in that most skills he is average except his endurance which is elite and with his size people think he could be a much better player but he will never become that imo. It could be done at the end of the season if he fells he has unfinished business at the club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts?

Anyone we would like?View attachment 689213
MTW or Martin for me. Dont see Martin coming to the Giants but if we can attract MTW, imagine him as a forward with bursts in the midfield rotation with Daniels, Langdon and Hill in the future with Cameron, HH, Finlayson/Patton and Greene as the marking targets.

Langdon the other for mine that is a quality player but dont see us finding room for him amongst Ward, Cogs, Whitfield, Kelly, Taranto, Hopper and Perryman with Hately, Shipley, Caldwell, Bonar and O'Hallaran waiting in the wings.

Would there be any interest in out of favour Bulldog Bailey Williams? Only 21 years old and had a ripper year at HB last year. Good intercepting qualities and a good turn of pace. Plays a Buntine kind of role but better in my opinion. Ordinary at VFL level at the moment but plenty of upside and a change of environment may help with that. Not sure what he is worth in trade value, but if cheap might be worth it with Shaw another year closer to retiring, Buntine and Reid average. At worst, can start in the NEAFL, get some confidence and work on pushing his way into the best 22.

If he does break into the 22, will give us more line breaking outside midfield options since it allows Williams, Kennedy and even Cumming down the line to rotate to the wing in bursts consistently.

Straight trade Bailey Williams for Aidan Corr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back