List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Like a lot of blokes he took most of his 20’s to mature . Commentators said it Saturday night, he just looks happy. Glad he has found his potential playing for us and not Freo
Was stoked when we got him to replace jezza. Really good as a focal point where as jezza plays his best when he has someone else in the role (Patton,lobb,Hawkins). Structurally has been soo good for us and is going to love having the ball coming in fast all season and defences not being able to easily zone off with Toby, cads, Ricca up forward too

Was stoked when we got him to replace jezza. Really good as a focal point where as jezza plays his best when he has someone else in the role (Patton,lobb,Hawkins). Structurally has been soo good for us and is going to love having the ball coming in fast all season and defences not being able to easily zone off with Toby, cads, Ricca up forward too
Don't forget our Weapon or in NBA terms The Problem

More than a few Freo fans told me he would be a total spud for us, but I had optimism as well.
He didn't have to be the great hope and he had time to work through his fitness and form.

GIANTS GOALKICKER SET FOR DEAL

GREATER Western Sydney is in talks to extend Jesse Hogan's contract at the club, with the key forward closing on a fresh two-year deal following a standout performance over the weekend.

Hogan is due to come out of contract later this year, but the club is now progressing over a new deal that is set to take the veteran goalkicker through until 2026.

It's just reward for a strong summer that resulted in Hogan kicking four goals in last Saturday night's Opening Round victory over Collingwood, the perfect way for the 29-year-old to follow a career-best campaign last season.

Hogan's impending deal is set to kickstart a busy period for the Giants, who are now expected to turn their attentions towards tying down free agent duo Isaac Cumming and Harry Perryman. – Riley Beveridge
Hogan trade could not have worked out better in our dreams, traded so little for him and he's a genuine number 1 key forward target and outside of the first year (fingers crossed) has been fit. One of the best moves of the last few years by anyone.

Hogan trade could not have worked out better in our dreams, traded so little for him and he's a genuine number 1 key forward target and outside of the first year (fingers crossed) has been fit. One of the best moves of the last few years by anyone.
Cost us nothing. We had to try something to fill the Jezza void and it’s been a good partnership ever since.

Honestly I didn’t see it working out all that well. Always enjoy being proved wrong.

More than a few Freo fans told me he would be a total spud for us, but I had optimism as well.
He didn't have to be the great hope and he had time to work through his fitness and form.
I remember a game in his first or second season for the Dees where he destroyed Davis. Too good a player to not be able to make a contribution

Did Connor Stone play VFL last week?

This is his make or break it year at the Giants. Curious to know where he's at?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How good is Sam Taylor? I bloody love that bloke. Read the article about him on the AFL website.

Harvey Thomas is a hell of a find, was solid and didn't look out of place his first 2 games but was great yesterday, really impressive. His flexibility to be comfortable as a crumber i50 and then able to push up a bit to the wing and be a user in space is impressive
Hate to say it but I was on him early.

based on Phil Davis’s advice to AFL players, future negotiations for players whose contracts expire in 2027 will be very expensive.

Davis says his only advice would be for every young player to extend until the end of the 2027 season, just before the Devils join the league.

While not all of those players will be keen on joining the expansion club, he suggested doing so to give themselves leverage as bidding wars ensue.

“There's going to be big money,” Davis said.

based on Phil Davis’s advice to AFL players, future negotiations for players whose contracts expire in 2027 will be very expensive.

Davis says his only advice would be for every young player to extend until the end of the 2027 season, just before the Devils join the league.

While not all of those players will be keen on joining the expansion club, he suggested doing so to give themselves leverage as bidding wars ensue.

“There's going to be big money,” Davis said.

Just not the GWS players, eh Phil? :)

GIANTS FREE AGENT WATCH

GREATER Western Sydney free agent Isaac Cumming is expected to generate interest from rivals this year despite his injury-hit absence in the first half of the season.

Cumming is an unrestricted free agent for the Giants, meaning he could depart without the Giants having the option to match a bid for him, and is not rushing into a contract decision as he recovers from soft-tissue setbacks to start his 2024 campaign.

The 25-year-old had an ongoing quad problem that was due to set back his start of the season before then suffering a calf injury during his recovery recently, likely ruling him out for the first two months of the year.

But clubs are still set to monitor Cumming as a potential free agent recruit given the Giants' wealth of attacking half-backs seeing him likely play on a wing when he returns from injury.

The Giants Academy product, who was a top-20 pick in the 2016 draft, played 65 of a possible 72 games in the past three seasons. – Callum Twomey

A wild thought…
Watching our forward line setup, the role of Hogan is huge. Structurally the way he sets up and the way he competes and halves contests is so important for us.
At this stage, if he was to miss games, Riccardi and Cadman are no where near ready to fill that role… especially when we play teams with elite tall defenders.
Because we are so well placed with tall defenders, would you pull one of our defenders out to fill that role…. My thinking was… what about Sammy Taylor as our key forward… he plays like a key forward, but in the back half. He is our biggest competitor and never gets outmarked.
We would still have Buckley, HH, Idun and Haynes in the back half.
I’d love to see him line up on Weitering, as I personally think he would dominate him.
A stupid idea I know, but I think it’s worth considering what we would do if a structural piece such as Hogan was to miss.

A wild thought…
Watching our forward line setup, the role of Hogan is huge. Structurally the way he sets up and the way he competes and halves contests is so important for us.
At this stage, if he was to miss games, Riccardi and Cadman are no where near ready to fill that role… especially when we play teams with elite tall defenders.
Because we are so well placed with tall defenders, would you pull one of our defenders out to fill that role…. My thinking was… what about Sammy Taylor as our key forward… he plays like a key forward, but in the back half. He is our biggest competitor and never gets outmarked.
We would still have Buckley, HH, Idun and Haynes in the back half.
I’d love to see him line up on Weitering, as I personally think he would dominate him.
A stupid idea I know, but I think it’s worth considering what we would do if a structural piece such as Hogan was to miss.
HH would go back forward first you’d imagine

Remove this Banner Ad

Back