Preview 2019 Round 22 - Richmond vs West Coast, Sunday 18th of August @ MCG, 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shuey is one of the 3 key mids
Had a look at the data for the past four weeks.
In order I would put Gaff, Shuey, Yeo.
Gaff had 554 metres gained last week, Shuey and Yeo about 300.
In wet conditions, hit those 3 hard.

Last edited:
Shuey is one of the 3 key mids
Had a look at the data for the past four weeks.
In order I would put Gaff, Shuey, Yeo.
Gaff had 554 metres gained last week, Shuey and Yeo about 300.
In wet conditions, hit those 3 hard.
Still reckon Sheed is criminally underrated. Any stats at all he more than measures up near top for them in disposals, metres gained, clearances, centre clearances, stoppage clearances, score involvements and goals too. For example he’s up with and at times above those blokes in all those categories until you get to goals where he stands out. Eg- Sheed 15, Gaff 1.
I know who I’d be stopping first.

Last edited:
Still reckon Sheed is criminally underrated. Any stats at all he more than measures up near top for them in disposals, metres gained, clearances, centre clearances, stoppage clearances, score involvements and goals too. For example he’s up with and at times above those blokes in all those categories until you get to goals where he stands out. Eg- Sheed 15, Gaff 1.
I know who I’d be stopping first.

Mate.. Martins neck Tatts have been in since 2009
Martin is truly a champion player and I'm glad he's in because...

Guess who will be waiting on field to appropriately welcome Dusty back with unlimited big hugs for the champ?

He's got so much love to give and has promised to stay close to him all day, just to make sure he's feeling the love!

Last edited:

Guess who will be waiting on field to appropriately welcome Dusty back with unlimited big hugs for the champ?

View attachment 727551

He's got so much love to give and has promised to stay close to him all day, just to make sure he's feeling the love!

Why have you put a gif of a bloke doing the screaming eagle?

The key to this game (and next week's game for that matter) is efficiency with our ball use. West Coast are generally very efficient with their ball use and can be quite accurate in front of goal too.
If we fluff around with the ball inside 50 and kick behinds and out of bounds on the full from easy positions, then we may not win the game as West Coast characteristically are not like that. West Coast have kicked a goal from 26% of their inside 50 entries, which is first in the league. They are also the most accurate team in the competition. We need to match them in efficiency inside 50 and in accuracy because what happened with Carlton is not on. Yes, it was wet, but we need to improve from 13 goals from 70 inside 50s against Melbourne and then 11 goals from 59 inside 50s.

Do that and I think we will win. I say that because I am not worried about us getting inside 50s. We're very good at getting the ball to our forward line no matter how the contested possessions and clearance stats look like. It's our efficiency inside 50 that I think will win or lose us this game.

View attachment 727551

I don't mind Yeo doing that. As long as Dusty gets the free kicks that he should according to the rules :thumbsu:

The key to this game (and next week's game for that matter) is efficiency with our ball use. West Coast are generally very efficient with their ball use and can be quite accurate in front of goal too.
If we fluff around with the ball inside 50 and kick behinds and out of bounds on the full from easy positions, then we may not win the game as West Coast characteristically are not like that. West Coast have kicked a goal from 26% of their inside 50 entries, which is first in the league. They are also the most accurate team in the competition. We need to match them in efficiency inside 50 and in accuracy because what happened with Carlton is not on. Yes, it was wet, but we need to improve from 13 goals from 70 inside 50s against Melbourne and then 11 goals from 59 inside 50s.

Do that and I think we will win. I say that because I am not worried about us getting inside 50s. We're very good at getting the ball to our forward line no matter how the contested possessions and clearance stats look like. It's our efficiency inside 50 that I think will win or lose us this game.
I rate west coast especially vs us, their style is the Kryptonite to ours.
But if you go on form (last 6 games) they’ve conceded about 20 more points per game than us.
I can’t find the stats to post but looks like we are travelling pretty well and still not out of fourth gear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 727551

We'll see ya' Sunday

I know I'm always a negative campaigner when predicting the outcome of Richmond games but I can't for the life of me work out why we are 1.50 favourites. It doesn't make sense to me. How can anyone look at it and not think it's a 50/50 game?

I know I'm always a negative campaigner when predicting the outcome of Richmond games but I can't for the life of me work out why we are 1.50 favourites. It doesn't make sense to me. How can anyone look at it and not think it's a 50/50 game?
Home ground advantage! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back