Port Adelaide's worst ever preformance?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ken Hinkley the greatest fraud of all time in the modern AFL era. How has this bloke coached a team for 9 years with a current contract extension 😂

I felt like 2007 was more of a shock honestly. Bulldogs anywhere near their best SHOULD whip the Power, on their home deck or anywhere. If you thought Port were a certainty last night you are just an utter moron.

In 2007 Geelong still had the hoodoo, Port had that recent win against them, we hadn't seen a GF blowout in a while, and they similarly whipped the Kangaroos. Underdogs, but not to that 119 tune.

I feel like some of those Primus-era losses to Gold Coast and Giants were probably worse. Wasn't Port the first non-newbie scalp for both clubs? They'd been good-ish at times in 2009-10 and then just bottomed out. They also got an almighty belting in the last round of 2011 I think (by Hawthorn?)
Port recently beat the dogs in Melbourne when the dogs had a lot to lose. Not saying I thought Port were a certainty, but they surely deserved to go in as favourites.

Did no one watch the Bulldogs and Port much this season? Last night went exactly as you'd expect it too really.

We literally beat them 2 games ago. And we got jumped there too. Even though we only won by 2 points we dominated the game but we're just very inefficient up forward.

But go on with your revisionist history. We were heavy favourites with everyone. If you picked it congratulations, you're very smart.

You would have loaded up big on the dogs then knowing last night was a dead certainty? After all we were heavy favourites with all the betting agencies.

The only reason PA were favourites was because Port fans loaded up big time thinking it was in the bag.

Betting odds are dictated by weight of money wagered.

The only reason PA were favourites was because Port fans loaded up big time thinking it was in the bag.

Betting odds are dictated by weight of money wagered.

Opening odds aren’t. Make no mistake, Port we’re favourites, although as you and others are pointing out recency bias plays heavily into this.

It was a disgraceful effort on their behalf so to the OP I’d say it probably is. That Geelong 07 team was transcendent.

Never has a club, supporter base and (to an extent) media fraternity got ahead of themselves so badly.

I gotta say, Luke Beverage is not just one of the smartest game day coaches, hes very underrated in how he goes about it full stop. Played the football world beautifully with the Bont stuff.

Was weird how Port fans on here were claiming they had an advantage over us because they had the more difficult QF, and where on an epic winning streak (never mind that their last loss was to us).

This is worse because everyone knew Geelong would hand them a beat down. Everything was in their favour tonight and they have sh*t the bed with an almighty force

Fair call. Port were favourites last night and if the Dogs were going to win it would have been in a slugfest. But Port barely touched the ball all night. Just an atrocious performance.

Did no one watch the Bulldogs and Port much this season? Last night went exactly as you'd expect it too really.

The first game at AO was one of Port's weakest 22s of the season, coz of their injuries.

We had a fast start in R23 but Port dominated for the remaining 3 and a half quarters.

Neither was close to what happened last night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rubbish effort , way over rated , should never have got that far. Total heartless performance

Think either of the back-to-back pair of games in 2011 where they got absolutely belted by the Pies and Hawthorn rate a mention.

Came at a time where they were beginning to look really unhealthy off-field too.

Nowhere near as high-stakes, and it was with a hugely out-of-their-depth coach and list, but it was still pitifully bad.

I may be a minority in my camp but while i hoped, i didn't expect Port to get past the dogs (though certainly i didn't expect the thrashing either). I didn't believe port was a top 4 team, let alone top 2, and ths dogs and melbourne were the dominant teams all season.

I think last night was worse, given they were 12 months on from losing a close prelim at home. So everything was about getting back to another prelim and winning it, to then put in that lack of effort in the first half was quite unbelieveable. Not sure where they go from here.

Was it 2005 when crows beat Port by 85 points in the finals?

On RMX1941 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep..and crows kicked 18-15 that dismal day for Poot fans

Should have been a 120 pt slaughter

And the week before Port beat Noof by 90 pts and kicked 26-8

Obviously they yet again took it for granted it was going to be easy pickings in the next final.

Tragic really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back