Social Science Morally corrupt things you do

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if morally corrupt or justified action - you decide?

About 15 years ago, my younger sister and her idiot steady boyfriend of the time had a nasty break up. About a week later he turns up to a wedding of mutual friend with another girl, then gets plastered at the reception, not surprisingly makes a complete arse of himself and eventually gets tossed out by two of the grooms brothers. During the scuffle to remove him which I happily assist with, his wallet drops out of his suit jacket, so I quickly pocket it.

One of the brothers and I then follow him out the door to make sure he actually departs as he was a bit of nutter, then watch him stagger across the car park, stumble into his car and as he drives off past us he flips the bird and shouts 'f**ck you' for good measure!

So I then go back into reception, use their landline and call the cops to report my car stolen! Tell them my location, but provide his name, a description of his car and the rego plate number. Towards the end of the night as we were leaving I simply slip his wallet under a large cloth napkin on one the tables.

A few days later my sister calls, laughing saying she was told her ex was pulled over by the police after leaving the wedding, was breath tested and blew .022! His car was impounded and he was also locked-up overnight as he assaulted one the cops over something about not being able to produce his license and/or provide evidence of the cars ownership..?
He was eventually fined $2,500, lost his license for 3 years and earned a conviction for assaulting a police officer...
I know this is an old post, but I'm dying to know.
Did you steal his s**t from his wallet before leaving it?
I probably would have thrown it in the bin tbh.

I wiggle my fingers when i go to smother the ball hoping that channel 7’s 1990s era cameras will fool the ARC
2022 AFL defense training
BD7359CC-3E2E-468A-A55E-5ABD54347878.gif

Pretty sure that says “ touched “ in some bizarre foreign language

Sometimes when food delivery comes late and cold I'll claim that I was missing an item, to get a partial refund as complaining about cold food nothing usually happens to rectify the issue. Been doing this for a while. Found out last week its the restaurant that makes the food that is docked the pay for missing items that are sold on UberEats/Doordash/Deliveroo. Not sure I'll be doing it anymore then.

Sometimes when food delivery comes late and cold I'll claim that I was missing an item, to get a partial refund as complaining about cold food nothing usually happens to rectify the issue. Been doing this for a while. Found out last week its the restaurant that makes the food that is docked the pay for missing items that are sold on UberEats/Doordash/Deliveroo. Not sure I'll be doing it anymore then.
LOL.
Who did you think would incur the cost of a supposed missing food item?
Their drivers are their lifeblood and protected species.

Last edited:
I know this is an old post, but I'm dying to know.
Did you steal his s**t from his wallet before leaving it?
I probably would have thrown it in the bin tbh.
Raiding his wallet would of been a school boy error! In fact I didn't even open his wallet, leaving it under a napkin to be easily found by staff/cleaners at the venue, which I assume he got back. The last thing you'd want is the police attending the venue later to investigate who made the 'hoax call' and also the missing contents of his wallet...

Raiding his wallet would of been a school boy error! In fact I didn't even open his wallet, leaving it under a napkin to be easily found by staff/cleaners at the venue, which I assume he got back. The last thing you'd want is the police attending the venue later to investigate who made the 'hoax call' and also the missing contents of his wallet...
I'll pay it because you did make a hoax call and f this guy over pretty good, but for next time I'd have thought you'd have reached the plausible deniability threshold pretty cleanly. You can't trust low-paid cleaners remember, one of them would have emptied that wallet for sure, times are tough. I blame poor people for heaps of stuff actually.

Anyway I f*** people over regularly. I have an online store, so it's really easy, it's what they call a "side-hustle" I think.
Lots of people don't read the terms and conditions, others I guess are just forgetful or whatever?

Like I got a dude in the US email me saying he moved house and didn't update his paypal, I'm like "yeah no worries when I get the thing back I'll hit you up and re-ship it". Thing finally arrived back at my house, but it's too late for him to leave feedback on the auction site or make a paypal claim so f*** him, he can just buy it again if he still wants it.

I'll pay it because you did make a hoax call and f this guy over pretty good, but for next time I'd have thought you'd have reached the plausible deniability threshold pretty cleanly. You can't trust low-paid cleaners remember, one of them would have emptied that wallet for sure, times are tough. I blame poor people for heaps of stuff actually.

Next time..? I would strongly advise no one even attempt to undertake this screw-over today! This was an era prior to mobile phones/caller ID/GPS etc., limited CCTV systems and I don't even think the police recorded calls back then...

Anyway I f*** people over regularly. I have an online store, so it's really easy, it's what they call a "side-hustle" I think.
Lots of people don't read the terms and conditions, others I guess are just forgetful or whatever?

Like I got a dude in the US email me saying he moved house and didn't update his paypal, I'm like "yeah no worries when I get the thing back I'll hit you up and re-ship it". Thing finally arrived back at my house, but it's too late for him to leave feedback on the auction site or make a paypal claim so f*** him, he can just buy it again if he still wants it.

If people occasionally make mistakes and it falls in your favour that's one thing. If you are regularly seeking to rip people off that makes you an a-hole.

Always thought you were sus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Found a wallet the other day. Not the first time it's happened.
Took a "finders fee" and threw it in the bin.

I reckon I did this guy a favour to be honest, who carries cash anyway. People who buy drugs that's who. Probably did something good for the community, you know, that's one less dude on ice running around doing crazy things.

If you are regularly seeking to rip people off that makes you an a-hole.
Guilty as charged.

I reckon I did this guy a favour to be honest, who carries cash anyway. People who buy drugs that's who. Probably did something good for the community, you know, that's one less dude on ice running around doing crazy things.

Guilty as charged.
Throwing it in the bin is pretty bad. Was his license and bank card etc in there?

We found a wallet and drove the side streets back in the day finding the address and gave it back.

Guy was stoked.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

I lost my wallet once and some guy dropped it in a couple of days later, money and all. My own fault for hanging out of a car doing 80......the dumb s**t you do when you are young.

Guilty as charged.
That's not a morally corrupt thing to do, that's just being a s**t human

Throwing it in the bin is pretty bad. Was his license and bank card etc in there?
ID, no license. Can't remember if there was no bank card or I just decided it wasn't worth the risk buying stuff with it.

So pretty poor from me, but it's not my fault. I blame the police.

I found a wallet years ago and walked into the nearest station, some regional area. Place was tiny. I walked in and there was a woman in tears at the desk sobbing to the police about how her partner beat the s**t out of her, black eye and everything, horrible stuff. So I just hand over the wallet and say "Hey I found this outside" and some pig in the background starts yelling at me "You can't just leave that here! You need to make a statement!" and then the a-hole makes me wait on a chair for twenty minutes right in front of a traumatised DV victim describing how she had the s**t kicked out of her.

Like fk off mate, I'm trying to help someone just take the ******* wallet and let me go.

I lost my wallet once and some guy dropped it in a couple of days later, money and all. My own fault for hanging out of a car doing 80......the dumb s**t you do when you are young.
Yeah I've had my wallet returned a few times.
One dude mailed it to me and didn't even take the money out.

Another time I went to the beach after NYE and found a bag of eccies. Fell asleep on the sand then woke up and went home before realised I'd left my wallet behind. Thought * it and went to the local police station just in case, no one returned it but as I walked out the doors some elderly couple approached me like "Excuse me, did you lose your wallet? We're just here to return it".

Couldn't believe my luck. Still had the eccies in it too. What a ripper day!

Anyway moving on.

Earlier this year I hit someone's car reversing out of Coles. Assumed they'd have a dashcam and contact me re: the damages.

I assumed wrong.

Edit: In hindsight I probably could have made it easier for them and left my details but too late now, sorry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back