Social Science Morally corrupt things you do

Remove this Banner Ad

If I get COVID, I'm taking the week, even if it's just resting up and watching TV. I just think of all the times I dragged myself off the death bed to work when I had a different management role, because there was never enough staff or resources.

I got bored when I had COVID (luckily mild symptoms) so I only took one day off, i do * all when I work from home anyway.

Yeah I have tried to apply for jobs in my reach, maybe a few tasks in the PD might not be what I can do currently, but like you said, experience is so heavily weighted.

Yeah I was talking to my manager about this (she has 40 sick days) and we thought it would be good to be able to trade your SL for like half your AL. Or cash it in or something. Companies would make millions with workers coming to work when they're not 100% rather than using a sick day.

So if you had 5 sick days, you can get 2.5 annual days. Will never happen, but we all earn our SL, why should it not be paid out?
Brilliant!

Ive got nearly 1000 sick hours and use maybe 20 a year.

Wish there was a way I could cash it in or something.

Guess its good to have if I snap my leg or whatever

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Brilliant!

Ive got nearly 1000 sick hours and use maybe 20 a year.

Wish there was a way I could cash it in or something.

Guess its good to have if I snap my leg or whatever

Shame my idea would never be a reality lol.

Yeah it's good if you have a major injury etc, but otherwise it's for nothing.

Shame my idea would never be a reality lol.

Yeah it's good if you have a major injury etc, but otherwise it's for nothing.

its why its good to have a few 'sick' days during the year, may as well use some - the mental break is better than being actually sick anyway and probably makes me more productive for the next while after a sicky

I think these days most companies would get in trouble for having a go at you for taking a "mental health" day

We do a pretty repetitive job and gets draining so its good to have a day off other than the weekend

Yeah I definitely regret not taking more MHDs in the past 12 months when I definitely should have.

Oh well.

Laugh at drivers in SUVs/4WDs with face masks completely on doing 10 under the limit.

I touched on using my concession Myki today.

Inspectors got on, gave them my (untouched on) full fare card. They said I hadn't touched on. I played very dumb, and I said I am not sure how, I got on at Parliament, maybe I just rushed through the gate right behind someone and perhaps it didn't register.

She checked my full fare card and because I touched on this morning with it, she gave me the benefit of the doubt and let me off.

Winning.

Inspectors got on, gave them my (untouched on) full fare card. They said I hadn't touched on. I played very dumb, and I said I am not sure how, I got on at Parliament, maybe I just rushed through the gate right behind someone and perhaps it didn't register.

She checked my full fare card and because I touched on this morning with it, she gave me the benefit of the doubt and let me off.

Winning.
So you paid to get on when you didn't need to?

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Winning.

Why didn't you just give them your touched on concession Myki?

I got stung for not tapping on back in January, and eventually received a letter in the mail advising the $273 fine had been waived because I had no previous history of infringement, so that was an unexpected win.

when I saw the transit inspectors on the train I’d run blocker for those who didn’t have didn’t have a ticket.
I’d carry on for a while saying they didn’t have the right to ask me for a ticket or my info etc, before giving the a valid ticket.. give those without a ticket a chance to avoid them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back